Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2005, 09:08 AM   #1

I've posted this eslewhere, but until I completely wein myself I'll post here too..

As hard as we have tried, we have not been able to keep the carpet in the living area of our Raptor from becoming horribly stained. Well, that's my wife's description. I think it just needs to be cleaned again.

Anyhow, I called Keystone and they told me that the linoleum flooring in the kitchen half of the trailer covers the entire floor and is under the carpet too. We were thinking of taking out the carpet in the living area and just exposing the linoleum.

Has anyone removed carpet in their trailer? Anything I need to be concerned with?

And yes.... This thing is ONLY 6 months old... It's just spent too many weekends at the track with the guys. There is one good Tri-tip juice stain that is just really nasty!! I'm particularly proud of that one...

Jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2005, 09:08 AM   #2

I've posted this eslewhere, but until I completely wein myself I'll post here too..

As hard as we have tried, we have not been able to keep the carpet in the living area of our Raptor from becoming horribly stained. Well, that's my wife's description. I think it just needs to be cleaned again.

Anyhow, I called Keystone and they told me that the linoleum flooring in the kitchen half of the trailer covers the entire floor and is under the carpet too. We were thinking of taking out the carpet in the living area and just exposing the linoleum.

Has anyone removed carpet in their trailer? Anything I need to be concerned with?

And yes.... This thing is ONLY 6 months old... It's just spent too many weekends at the track with the guys. There is one good Tri-tip juice stain that is just really nasty!! I'm particularly proud of that one...

Old 06-22-2005, 10:09 AM   #3

Jay,

How about pulling the carpet up and making a removable one that you can put down and take up when necessary. Both of my th'ers had removable carpets but they do get dirty, nothin you can really do about it. My new Alfa has living room type carpet and so far we haven't gotten it dirty yet. Robin vaccumes all the time, she is a vaccume killer.

I really don't know about the Raptors floor, any way to pull a small section up to check for linoleum. Can't always believe the salesman, manufactor guy you know!!!

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 10:18 AM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">really don't know about the Raptors floor, any way to pull a small section up to check for linoleum. Can't always believe the salesman, manufactor guy you know!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's what I'm worried about. With my luck, I'll go and pull it up to find the sub-floor...

Ours is like yours; it has home carpet in it(the garage is separate.) Despite all of our efforts (plastic runners, areas rugs, etc.) I can't keep it clean. I am pretty tough on things and the Raptor has not eluded me. Last trip out, I turned from the kitchen to the dining area with a tray of freshly sliced tri-tip. Except... the momentum of the turn spewed tri-tip juice everywhere. I slept with the dog that night....

Before that, a guys trip to ocotillo wells managed to leave some unknown substance on the floor (I think it's Capt Morgan.)

One of these days I'll grow up and take care of my things. At least that's what my Dad is hoping for. I keep telling him that I MAY become responsible when I turn 40 in a few years.

Old 06-22-2005, 10:36 AM   #5

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Jamman,
thats a good question
I think we had some talk a little while back here about our carpets, i was kinda surprised to find out that a lot of manufacturers of toyhaulers edgestitch the carpets, and i don't think that mine have ever been. I won't mention the name of the manufacturer i buy from, although their initials start with WW.

But like Clark said, we have removeable carpets and when i pack our trailer full of bikes, we take the carpet out, roll it up and bring it along until we unload the bikes.
And one thing i remember was that 56Nomad (i think it was him) trimmed off the back half of his carpet in the garage area, and put a trim piece down inbetween the living area and the garage. it looked pretty cool. You'll find a pic of it in that carpet thread. I suppose it then makes the living room carpet NON-removeable, but it probably suits him just perfectly.

Yank your old carpet and buy a new 'scrap' piece, (a house scrap piece is probably twice the size of all of our trailers) and have its edges sewn (we had a thread on sewing edges of carpets ) and you are in business.

Mike
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 10:48 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">we had a thread on sewing edges of carpets </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry, is this the "Martha Stewart Sewing" Forum? Because I thought I had reached the Toy Hauler forum... YOU HAD A THREAD ON SEWING???

Only kidding, of course...

I think I have the courage up now.. Combined with the fact that my wife is gone for the weekend, I may do it on Saturday.... I did see Howie's thread on his carpet mod. Ours is a little different since the Raptor has a separate garage. The floor is split down the middle, lengthwise, with linoleum on the kitchen half and carpet on the rest. Keystone said they lay linoleum on the whole floor before carpet goes in, so it should be there.... I'll be sure to get liquored up first...

Old 06-22-2005, 11:08 AM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">YOU HAD A THREAD ON SEWING??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i WAS a little reluctant to type that for some reason come to think of it
Old 06-22-2005, 01:07 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'll be sure to get liquored up first... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jamman, You're gonna fit right in here, I can tell. Get the old carpet out and have a new removable one made so you can take it out when needed. I like the way WW does that except for the edges. Thats why we needed the sewing session.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I WAS a little reluctant to type that for some reason come to think of it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gotta be careful about our image there, FD!
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 02:32 PM   #9

Jay,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jamman:
Before that, a guys trip to ocotillo wells managed to leave some unknown substance on the floor (I think it's Capt Morgan.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try a match, then you'll not only know if it's the Captain on your floor, but you'll get the carpet out of there in a hurry too....

2007 Rally site
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 05:35 PM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by diirk:
Jay,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jamman:
Before that, a guys trip to ocotillo wells managed to leave some unknown substance on the floor (I think it's Capt Morgan.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try a match, then you'll not only know if it's the Captain on your floor, but you'll get the carpet out of there in a hurry too.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jay:

I agree with diirk...nothing like re-enacting the crime to see who dun it (or in this case, WHAT dun it!).

You guys are just gonna be worth your weight in gold 'round here- I can tell!!

And one (ok- maybe a few) words from those who have done it: STAY OUT OF THE WOMEN'S FORUM- there's been some 'casualties' and unfortunately they're not capable of telling their stories (keyboard doesn't capture the 3 octave increase in their posts!).

FYI...

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 08:14 PM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And one (ok- maybe a few) words from those who have done it: STAY OUT OF THE WOMEN'S FORUM- there's been some 'casualties' and unfortunately they're not capable of telling their stories </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there goes a ton of fun we would have had watching them ...from a distance