Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-28-2005, 08:16 AM   #15

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
learnem,
you apparantly hold an uncanny knowledge of all things carne orrientated, con alumonio o no,
(an invaluable resource)

FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2005, 08:21 AM   #16

NOW things are making more sense there salami,
your entire family has a FB2200 club in Santa Cruz
yea, i think its was juan's,
and the food maybe wasn't always the primo, but we could at least all pile in my truck, drive up to the creek crossing, park it there, and then walk to margarita land. often times when leaving i would even remember to get my truck on the way back instead of just stumbling all the way back to mile 8 campsite.

Old 04-28-2005, 10:49 AM   #17

I like to camp around pole 5 or 6. I plan on being there before noon time, but you know how long range planning goes.....any of you have any kids? I have a 2 yr old.......

2003 Chevy Silverado 2500hd
learnem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 01:14 PM   #18

learnem,
its been a while, .. is pole 5 or 6 around where the fence ends as you drive up sand highway and you can start veering up towards the back dunes? Thats actually around the spot we stayed at. it is a lot of fun to ride back there up and towards the comp there. very good times.

and King Salami, i want to see ol' '56 bring his LE out there, and I will be right behind him with mine . That creek bed and then the beach approach can stump some trailers. I have never seen so many people willing to help out though.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:40 PM   #19

as long as you enter the creek +-2 hours from high tide, or as close to low tide as possible, there isn't really a problem. I was there about a month ago, and the rangers shutthe crossing down. a truck drifted out to sea......it was 2wd

yeah, past the second fenced off hills, the second entrance to the dunes is cool, because you avoid all the people that are there for the day trip, or renting atv's. not as many yahoo's make it down that far.

Old 04-28-2005, 05:48 PM   #20

that creek entrance can be a regular outdoors Jerry Springer show. you have the good ol' regular boys on one side who hang out just on the other side of the creek drinking beverages and waiting for numsbkulls to try and brave the current with their new trucks and trailers.

the only other place quite like that that i have seen is at Martinez Landing on the CO. River, where every night a couple hours before sundown flocks of people start pulling their chairs and golfcarts and icechests to watch and hoot and holler at all the folk getting their boats out of the River. i guess some people actually drink a beer or two while messin around out on the River all day long and maybe aren't real good at docking their boat onto the back of daddies trailer and it is about 2 hours of a really fun social club. Theres a bar right there too. I've been there

and learnem,
what was the diagnosis on that gen of yours? did you ever get it looked at and running smooth? if the gen on Sean's trailer ever breaks i'm sure he has one of those little 2-stroke motor powered blenders. he's always prepared for emergencies of that nature.
Old 04-28-2005, 06:06 PM   #21

learnem: I think the message here is: stay off the beach unless you like 1st gear and idle. There's plenty of fun elsewhere...

'Bout the 'eats'...always had mom there since we've been going there, so good food only existed in one place. I dare any resturant to match her cookin', hence, never any reason to venture out and get mom po'd. But maybe we can sneak in a snack? We're up for it!

FatDog: Martinez landing doesn't have the monopoly on that--we spend countless hours at Park Moabi sitting in our golfcarts watchin' the ramp traffic- nuttin' compares. The only thing we didn't have was the score signs that we could hold up for each boat trailer jockey's performance. A hoot it was...until they put in the sherriff's station RIGHT at the ramp. A bar to sit it would've just made it more expensive!

Why would you ever think 'beverages' had any effect? And it is just daddy's boat.

Man...short night...still in CT and it's time to ...have fun everyone! [Signing out]
Old 04-29-2005, 06:50 AM   #22

fatdog
havent heard back from the d(st)ealer yet. I informed them that I wouldn't need it until the end of may, and to take their time and do it right. If i don't get a call within the next week, ill pay a visit................

It is kinda fun to ride back in the dunes, end up and comp (ant) hill, and then get back to camp by way of the beach. you get to see all the rigs, tow vehicles, rails, dune machines and quads that people have on display.

you know what is funny? you banana boy, the guy that sells ice, fresh water and will empty your tanks!!!! we were pulling on the beach last oct, and some ladies in a you banana boy truck were handing out fliers just south of the creek to inform all the race participants about their services. they came up to my tahoe, and I stopped. they asked me If i was aware of their services, and I replied, yeah, you run the sh!t sucker special!!!... they just turned away as my wife and I laughed...

Old 04-29-2005, 08:06 AM   #23

real nice,.... the fresh water team also runs the honey wagon

and ant hill will never be called 'widow maker' although i did watch a BRAND NEW Ranger (still with paper plates) roll down it - he got 3/4 of the way up and swerved to keep from getting too close to a quad and came back down the hard way. Now theres a phone call that is hard to make to your pops.

and speaking of numbskulls, a buddy and i were coming back to camp from comp once, riding the whole way along the back fence zipping along pretty quick, and my bud jumped one of the hills we were going over, got his quad a lttle squirrely going over the top and landed on the wrong side of the fence that has signs all over it saying what horrible things will happen to you if you Tresspass. so there he is with a 300 pound bike and a 5 foot chainlink and me staring at him from the other side. if there had been a plexiglass wall there with a phone on it it would have been just like visiting a brother in jail. he got out
Old 04-30-2005, 07:19 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">so there he is with a 300 pound bike and a 5 foot chainlink and me staring at him from the other side. if there had been a plexiglass wall there with a phone on it it would have been just like visiting a brother in jail. he got out </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike I can picture that in my mind "In living color". I can ALMOST picture his face when he realized (In mid-air no doubt) where he was gonna land.

Don't think the boat landings over there have a monopoly on three stooges acts. We got PLENTY over here. One day when we meet and can jaw a while, remind me to tell you about the "Let it happen Cap'n" boat launch story. I laugh every time I think about THAT one. I may just post it some day for yall. But it is kind of long. Better face to face with voice and arm movements to punctuate parts.

Yall are makin me hanker for a trip out there someday to meet up with all yall. Sounds like it would be one H#LL of a good time!
Old 04-30-2005, 03:59 PM   #25

Don:

Geezzz...well load 'er up and jot on out here! WE're only a skip ana jump!! (and a long, long I10). Gotcha on the boat ramp deal...there's always someone who sacrifices their TV to the Water Gods.

And Mike...that fence...with as many times as I've got real close to it, I outta be married to it. Once again, might be the cervesa, but I haven't sanctioned the study yet- will keep everyone informed of what the outcome is

Sean
Old 04-30-2005, 05:31 PM   #26

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yall are makin me hanker for a trip out there someday to meet up with all yall. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We would love to have you join us out here, Don. But I must tell you, I sure would love it if you'd bring along some andouille sausage and dirty rice, a pot of shrimp etouffee, a side of snap beans and beignets for dessert. Heck, I'll even cook up the crawdads if you bring ˜em!

Sandy Feet
SandyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 05:47 PM   #27

Sandy, after you said

"... But I must tell you, I sure would love it if you'd bring along some.."

i didn't recognize ONE nown that you typed. and whatever this stuff is:

"... ndouille sausage and dirty rice, a pot of shrimp etouffee, a side of snap beans and beignets ..."

i am placing a big napkin in the collar of my t-shirt right now and clearing off a spot at the table. i'm guessin' it tastes great and i hope its messy eatin