Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-26-2005, 12:46 PM   #1

You guys probably are responsible for 2/3 of the posts in this forum alone! !!!

What gets me is that every time one of you posts, the other one is right there afterword!!!!!

2003 Chevy Silverado 2500hd
learnem is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2005, 12:46 PM   #2

You guys probably are responsible for 2/3 of the posts in this forum alone! !!!

What gets me is that every time one of you posts, the other one is right there afterword!!!!!

Old 04-26-2005, 02:21 PM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
They sure keep things lively around here, don't they?

I'd guess that they each have this forum keyed into their notifications so they get an email every time a post is made.

wwfan&fatdog forums? Doesn't sound too bad.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:28 PM   #4

wwfan&fatdog rally???? now that has a ring to it!!!

Old 04-26-2005, 02:42 PM   #5

Send a message via MSN to FatDog

wow, I now have three things to think about in my life,

the fact that my shop has kept me busy 12hour/6day/52week for the past couple years, my passionate love for camping/climbing/bikes, and NOW that I have someone suggesting for overloaded me to be responsible for one more thing in this world

i will not serve

But I do like you guys here so very much,

a handful of months back it dawned on me all I did was work because of my shop's workload. This toyhauler site had just a VERY little traffic going thru it, and not caring at all I started having conversations with myself here on this site. I am passionate about Rving and biking.
so, what I enjoy is just some good ol tech AND b.s. talk about the stuff us ˜haulers go thru and thank god that others have made sure I don't have to talk to myself. I'm just darn glad this place is so friendly, no attitudes, and everyone is welcome to draw up an easychair around this ˜haulers area.
(but I WILL talk to myself if necessary)

(teach, by the way, I teach 6th grade math also, math is my second language as well)

so as long as no one around the rest of this site noticed, I decided this part of the forum is for every person out there who likes 'haulers and wants to have a little fun (requirement) and has some questions or ideas about our sport, or just wants to be a part of this sport of ours

just one thing teach, I aint signin' on for no more ME's, I am already in overload mode.
this is my passion and there is as much room around here as you want

Now when you gonna post pics of your rig? What mods you put in? and hows your bike runnin'?

FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:51 PM   #6

Hi everyone:

OK..time to get "soft" for everyone...(don't make me do this again!)...

Lest I need to say that I am absolutely enjoying every minute of my time here on iRV2. In the last couple of weeks, I have learnem'ed (you'll come to learn it also!) that there are some fantasic people on here ("solid" as FatDog recants), and certainly, as echoed by many, including Vette Racer, Nomad56, and SandyFeet, and Chet, FatDog has the most interesting posts that could be read on here! Actually, if you really must know, I find it relaxing as well as invigorating to try to, as much as I can. match his wit. But as you can read, I'm still trying to acclaim that status!

I haven't met any of you yet in person, but I think I can tell good folk when I hear 'em, and so far, I'd like to meet ALL of you. The people we regularly go RV'ing with are some of greatest people I've met on this earth, and I have two things I'd like to accomplish in this life: 1) gain MORE friends (noone can ever have enough), and 2) get all the friends I have into one place and party our but+s off!! It's what I live for! (My Moski needs to be convinced that it's a good idea, but she'll come around- she likes to have as much fun as I do, but is a little hestitant because of all the other crap in the world that's going on).

HH: I started off with notifications, then my mailbox was getting so full I was getting notices from our CO admin that my box was getting full!! Had to put a stop to that real quick! But I do look for recent posts, and I know there's other tricks to finding quick ways to find new stuff- I'll get there!

I have a bunch of things that could keep me busy, but I've chosen to b an active part of iRV2. I have casually wandered over to a couple of other spots, but find this site to be "My Favorites" site. Besides, all that work stuff will still be there when I get to it, so why waste time? This particular forum group (TH's) seems to certainly be that of some good 'ole convo, while we share info- what could be better?

Ok...OK...'nuff soft stuff...we gotta get some people together and have some fun! After that last couple of days, I can't even imagine just how much fun it could be!! Learnem...you betta be in on it...

Carry on....GARTH!!
Old 04-26-2005, 06:48 PM   #7

Hey learnem and Sean

Boy that is really correct, some interestingly good folk hang here
(and don't be razzin' me no more Sean )
and since YOU started soppin', I will just add that this website was started with a basic premise, and the Mods that I ˜grew up' watching over the years, like Rusty and HH, always were adamant that the site:
"Efficiently support the thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experiences among RV enthusiasts"
and we here on the ˜haulers area have abided by this, and even exceeded it,
(well........ all except for the 'efficiently' part, being, admittedly, longwinded at times....)

and Moski will come around just fine once she sees the whole gang, no question

so maybe I'm thinkin' what would be good to do is lets get some more of our pic posted around here. i AM the slouch in this respect. This area our forum is for all of us, so I'd like to see what everyone is riding while out on the trails.
you and me and everyone
we are all united in this respect, 'haulin toys
I am lazy, but will shoot some snaps of my ol' 400EX and other stuff in my garage and I would like to see maybe what others ride: rails, buggies, quads, motorcycles, golf carts with sand tires, kayaks,.. ??

talk your bike, show your bike, lets have a little fun, i'll shoot mine tonight and post 'em tommorrow. hey, once you start measurin' , we're all about the same here

and learnem, summer vacation is coming up, lets get some riding days in here soon

Stretch
Old 04-27-2005, 08:04 AM   #8

I hope that you two didn't take my post too hardc. it was all in fun, and just an observation.....

anyways, as far as summer riding...I have a Bombardier DS650, and ride the sand. Since it will be too hot at Glamis and Dumont, how about Pismo? As a matter of fact, I have reservations for Aug 4-7 (thurs-sun), if you are interested. I also have them forthe 4th of july and memorial day, but those weekends are sold out.......

what do you guys say???

Old 04-27-2005, 02:59 PM   #9

all is in good fun here

i am starting to think everyone goes to Pismo for the July 4th week(end). We did that a few years in a row and it just cannot be beat. Lot of people there but it just never seems overly crowded.
And yea, while it is a pleasant 125 degrees! at Glamis that weekend, you're sitting there ontop of the dunes at Pismo with the ocean breeze blowing over you! they're a little too zealous at keeping bike traffic less then 10 or 15 mph on the beach as i recall, but its a beach i guess, maybe thats not too much to ask.

that Aug 4 just might be a good time for us to Pismo it as well. i will check out our calender back on the fridge at home.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:10 PM   #10

learnem!

Whoa-Whoa-Whoa... I can tell you right now- when it's no longer fun, I'll just go somewhere else. No offense taken.

I'm back on the East Coast right now, and I've another trip again (back here to CT) the week of Aug 1st, so I'll have to have to take a raincheck. There'a chance I'll be in Pismo July 4th (my mom lives there), so maybe we can hook up and at least meet.

FD: I didn't know there was a speed limit on the beach?! How long has that been that way? I must admit, it has been a few years (well...OK...about 8 years since my son had his yz80) since I've been there- you know- just alot'av other place to go, people to meet. Bri-Bri's now on a xr400-

My how time flies when you're havin' fun! Don't stop!

Sean
Old 04-28-2005, 06:42 AM   #11

ww

the speed limit thing has been that way since i first visited in the early '80s. maybe you can join us on the beach for a bowl of splash clam chowder and some drinks over the 4th???? have you ever been to jocko's in nipomo? or firestones in slo? two must eat places!!

Old 04-28-2005, 07:24 AM   #12

not only is there a speed limit on the beach, but they are often particular about enforcing it.

the last time i was there i duct-taped my video cam to the top of my beanie helmet and rode up and down the beach for a while on my 400EX. In watching the tape, apperantly the vid-cam was always pointed to either RV's, ladies, or people getting tickets.

isn't there a Mexican restaurant right near the entrance, like about a block up from the entry point? good place to chow
Old 04-28-2005, 08:08 AM   #13

yeah, on the corner of pch and the road to the second ramp. i forget the name, but i know it is not grand, as that is the road to the first ramp (going north to south). there is also a good taqueria farther up grand ave about 5-7 blocks. great carne asada!!

Old 04-28-2005, 08:12 AM   #14

It's Juan's Cantina on the corner of Pier Avenue. We've had everything from great food to mediocre food there, depending on what you pick. But we usually get our group up there for one meal during our stay.

Hey, that August 4th trip sounds good. We could probably squeeze it in. Where do you usually camp? I'm wondering if my bro-in-law, 56Nomad, would haul his new LE3305 over the sand I guess if we're all there we could yank him out of any situation he got himself into.

Nick

Weekend Warrior LE3305
King Salami is offline   Reply With Quote