Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-03-2005, 10:07 PM   #15

Clark,
The blue matches your trailer better. Good call.
Sean, I can promise that is not me, I have way more back hair.
LOL on the Euro thing, I'm English, the wifey is Scottish. I think we are all from Europe.

BTW, Don, great rig as well. I dont want to leave anyone out. Nice pics. I left my last trailer in the driveway for over a year, no complaints. Even unhooked in and left it in front of the house a few nights. I think it has everything to do with your neighbors, thats just me though. Or maybe the PO-PO are just Jonesin' the write parking tickets. Any Cops on line that want to respond? We are actually looking to move locations at work, so I put in a request to get a building big enough to keep the LE inside, or at least one with a yard to keep it in. We'll see, Orange County property is mighty pricy.

Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2005, 10:15 PM   #16

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>We're planning on heading over to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. How was the weather at Zion? We boondock 99% of the time but that campground sure looks nice! Were they full up? I could handle a day lounging in a pool! <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Zion River Resort was the camp ground. It's about 2 hours away from the Grand canyon and Bryce, 20 mins from Zion. The weather was great, high 80's to low 90's. We were there from Sunday night to Wednesday, and they were at about 70% capacity. I would call to reserve a spot. We were in 22, that is where I would stay again.

Rod

WW LE3505
Old 08-03-2005, 10:24 PM   #17

Alpine Owners Club
Rod and Deb,

We stayed at ZRR the first of June. The picture of Rod and Sammie.......was that at ZRR? When we were there the river was running almost to the top of the rock embankment. We stayed in 52, in the back corner under a large Cottonwood tree. The Virgin River was right outside our bedroom window.
ZRR is a great stop!
Old 08-03-2005, 10:27 PM   #18

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 56Nomad:

Holy swimming pool..... Sis, hope the King has the generator fixed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So whatta ya think, Howie? Campground first for a day or two -- fill the water tanks -- then head down to Kaibab?

Genny is not fixed yet. Replacement fuel pump being overnighted. It's process of elimination now.
SandyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 10:33 PM   #19

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The picture of Rod and Sammie.......was that at ZRR? When we were there the river was running almost to the top of the rock embankment. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, you could walk all the way across the river, it was only about three feet deep. You could see how high the water had gotten in the spring months. They said it devistated that bank.

WW LE3505
Old 08-03-2005, 10:59 PM   #20

SandyFeet-
If you didn't see my note earlier...congrats on the new rig! You are going to love all the storage. .

With all do respect to my dear hubby, I'm not sure what Zion he was staying at. The temp was more like 90's-100, but as they say, "it's a dry heat." . The temp never bothered us one minute.

I would definately make a stop at Zion River Resort. The place is very beautiful. Site 22 was perfect. They were not too full at all. Unfortunately we did not have any more time to stay (we had to make it up to Provo for a Family Reunion) or else we would have done a day trip to GC North Rim. Bryce was amazing too. We will be going back to see the North Rim - we talked to many people that said it was just incredible. I look forward to seeing lots of pics. .

xoxoxo,
Deb
Old 08-04-2005, 09:10 AM   #21

Rod I have Direct TV at the house and have an extra dish. I'm just taking a box and mounting the dish portable. spent $20.00 for the ladder mount at Poles and holders. If that don't work I'll look for a tripod and set it up in the sand.

Don

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 05:44 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Well, Im glad to hear you'all had a great trip. I know the little things will work out as time goes on. I would love to spend time at Bryce and all the great sites out that way. Man, gotta find the time! You all enjoy.

Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote