Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-21-2005, 09:30 PM   #183

Walk away from this one, Pal.

("Boss Hawg")
MR. NIBBLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2005, 09:33 PM   #184

Nibbs!

Good thing Phatty chimed in there..otherwise I cudda sworn you wur yackin' it up all alone!!

Do you ever get the idea that your friends have a better handle on what you do?

And FTR...I never do, either!

Sean

Old 10-21-2005, 09:41 PM   #185

I guess we'll see now, won't we.
(Someone remind me to SLAP Sean )

("Boss Hawg")
Old 10-21-2005, 10:03 PM   #186

Also FTR...last time at Spot-X, you were riding out in the dunes, in the dark, in an area you had never seen in the daylight, and you could barely stand up!

Now...realize that I am not throwing any stones here. Cause I make it a tradition to swing a leg over and ride to Olds after a few evening cocktails. Then, of course, once we get there we have more cocktails...drag-race...ride back, etc.

I am just trying to keep things honest around here.

05 NEXT LEVEL 38CKS http://bestsmileys.com/happy/3.gif
PhatFireMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 10:12 PM   #187

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhatFireMan:
Also FTR...last time at Spot-X, you were riding out in the dunes, in the dark, in an area you had never seen in the daylight, and you could barely stand up!

Now...realize that I am not throwing any stones here. Cause I make it a tradition to swing a leg over and ride to Olds after a few evening cocktails. Then, of course, once we get there we have more cocktails...drag-race...ride back, etc.

I am just trying to keep things honest around here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for setting the record straight on Nibbles before I had to.

04 WW SLC3505 For Sale
brianzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 10:27 PM   #188

They serve cocktails out there???

("Boss Hawg")
Old 10-22-2005, 11:34 PM   #189

415.0 miles Approximate Travel Time: 6 hours

Hopefully we're leaving Wed. morning......
Old 10-23-2005, 06:13 AM   #190

Holy **** Batman, this thread sure took off during the past week.... took me 9 pages of reading ta catch up.

Howie, Phatty, Marianne, & anyboby else considering Hwy 14, 58, etc. If you will be passing thru or considering Old Hwy 58, there is a great steakhouse called Idle Spurs, for Lunch/Dinner, and they have a 1 acre level parking lot just for RV'rs & trucks. It's very nice and quiet, should you be considering an overnight stay. It's something like 2.5 mi. N of the 15 Fwy, on Old Hwy 58.

Be aware, that from the rest area, east of the state produce inspection location, the state is grading the highway, and have signs posted at each wash over crossing that reads "BUMP". That is almost an understatement, and some are rough enough to launch anything that is not tethered down, into the stratosphere. Be forewarned, and that includes the return trip also. We were at Dumont 1 week ago, and stuff was tossed everywhere!!

SandyFeet offered up a GPS guess. Here's the EXACT co-ordinants from the center of our "circle of perfection", as opposed to the "MESS", BB had last trip.
N35* 26.691'w110*0.129' Luv ya BB all the same!

Sean, we've got a scary Halloween CD sound track that would probably sound AWESOME on your system. Remind me so you can preview it, for Trick-or-Treat nite.

No to shoot'n irons huh?? Guess I'll have to call Clint, and uninvite him & his 44 Mag.

It's look'n like we'll (Lynne & I) will be there Fri. AM. Jr. & the Banshee are head'n to Glamis w/ buddies. Will have Annie, our Golden Lab mix w/ us. She's very kid friendly all.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:44 AM   #191

[QUOTE]
No to shoot'n irons huh?? Guess I'll have to call Clint, and uninvite him & his 44 Mag.

QUOTE]

I'm bringing the guns and I'm sure others are too. As you come in about half way down or so there is a turn off to the right. If go down there on the other side of the mountain from camp, I'm sure it'll be fine.

04 WW SLC3505 For Sale
brianzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 12:15 PM   #192

Took the restrictor plate out on the Ol' Red Dragon eh?

And for crying out loud man...it's CRF-450X People are gonna think you bought a used 2 seater hatchback!

Old 10-23-2005, 05:19 PM   #193

LampShade...

Go to RasorRoad.com and look at "The 400" link, I have a feeling that is the spot you are referring to.

Old 10-23-2005, 05:22 PM   #194

From the OHV site...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Rules and Regulations: Camping is allowed anywhere within the riding area that does not block travel on a road. Camping is limited to a 14 day stay. Draining of holding tanks, littering and trash dumping is prohibited. Pack It In, Pack It Out! All vehicles must have a muffler or spark arrester and have either a street-legal license or be registered as an off-highway vehicle. Vehicles being operated at night must have head and tail lights. Helmets are required on all ATVs! Also, there are no passengers allowed on ATVs. SHOTGUN SHOOTING ONLY IN THE RASOR OHV AREA! No pistol or rifle shooting allowed! Digging up or destroying trees and shrubs or harassing wildlife or livestock is prohibited. The desert tortoise is a federally protected species. Please do not handle or disturb these animals; Look but don't Touch! It is illegal to damage or destroy archeological sites or remove artifacts. Possession or use of any glass container, empty or not, used for carrying any liquid for drinking purposes is prohibited (43 CFR 8361.1-6). Do not burn pallets or wood with nails! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

(For all you "rowdy-undesirables" from the O.C.)

Old 10-23-2005, 05:31 PM   #195

Soooo... judjing by this post, I should anticipate bringing only the 12 ga, right?

Guess what... shhhhhhhhh,,, I'm gonna bring it all. Don't tell anybody, OK? It'll be our secret, right??
Old 10-23-2005, 06:27 PM   #196

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

(For all you "rowdy-undesirables" from the O.C.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

("Boss Hawg")