Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2005, 05:07 PM   #113

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
Thanks Sandy!! I've got a good idea now...should be easy to find...when ya gonna be there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Sis.... I know you and King are up to your
armpits with projects, but you wanna try to
caravan out on Wednesday?

Day temps will be in the low 80Ëš's and evenings
just below 60Ëš...with clear, star filled nights.
The camp fire will flicker against the our new fiberglass beauties.....

Previous Rig: 2012 Itasca 30'
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2005, 05:12 PM   #114

Howie/Marianne/Nick...

If I DO NOT get that Tuesday off...then we will be arriving at Rasor Wednesday afternoon.

If I DO get that Tuesday off...then we will go to Dumont, and then arrive at Rasor on Thursday morning.

Where would you guys be meeting up on your way down?

We'll be coming from the 14, on Pear Blossom Highway, hitting the 15 in Hesperia, and then up to Rasor.

05 NEXT LEVEL 38CKS https://bestsmileys.com/happy/3.gif
PhatFireMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 05:30 PM   #115

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhatFireMan:
Howie/Marianne/Nick...

If I DO NOT get that Tuesday off...then we will be arriving at Rasor Wednesday afternoon.

If I DO get that Tuesday off...then we will go to Dumont, and then arrive at Rasor on Thursday morning.

Where would you guys be meeting up on your way down?

We'll be coming from the 14, on Pear Blossom Highway, hitting the 15 in Hesperia, and then up to Rasor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kris,

We'll be coming down I-5 to Bakersfield... then
to Barstow.... then I-15 to Racor. I'm supposed
to be at a meeting on Tues night, but I may just
bust out of here on Tuesday. Hopefully I can
convince King Salami and family to hit the road early too.

Previous Rig: 2012 Itasca 30'
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 05:39 PM   #116

If you end up coming through from Bakersfield to Barstow on Wednesday...then maybe we could meet up with you in Mojave (just off the 58). Then follow you guys the rest of the way.

Safety in numbers I say. If you're willing, of course.

Old 10-14-2005, 05:41 PM   #117

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We'll be coming from the 14, on Pear Blossom Highway, hitting the 15 in Hesperia, and then up to Rasor </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Kris:

Personally, I think you'd be better off taking the 14 up to the 58 and over to Barstow, although I have to admit that Pearblossom Hwy was ALOT better than I expected on the trip to and fro from Eric's...if you do take it, take Highway 18 over to Victorville, or even Phelan Road over to the 395 then down 1 mile to the I15- alot shorter.

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 05:44 PM   #118

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We'll be coming from the 14, on Pear Blossom Highway, hitting the 15 in Hesperia, and then up to Rasor </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Kris:

Personally, I think you'd be better off taking the 14 up to the 58 and over to Barstow, although I have to admit that Pearblossom Hwy was ALOT better than I expected on the trip to and fro from Eric's...if you do take it, take Highway 18 over to Victorville, or even Phelan Road over to the 395 then down 1 mile to the I15- alot shorter.

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah...that's what we usually do...end up in Victorville.

I've done the 58 before as well. Althought the 58 goes way out of the way it can be quicker sometimes.

It's a crap-shoot either way, all depends on who you get behind in the narrow sections.

Old 10-14-2005, 05:47 PM   #119

Everybody try to bring a bit of firewood if you can.

Old 10-14-2005, 05:51 PM   #120

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's a crap-shoot either way, all depends on who you get behind in the narrow sections. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've always hand-wringed about traversing the Antelope Valley...the routes are square in form, and there's just no way to cut any corners if you're trying to get northwest or southeast. I missed out asking Eric how to get away with NOT going through the Palmdale section of the 138 and wound up doing it on the BBQ trip...stopped at the Jack-In-The-Box down aways from the 14, and Brian got yelled at by some dope that was asking for a handout...Moski was a basketcase for about 30 minutes...not a good area. Plus the traffic lights always tend to be red!
Old 10-14-2005, 05:56 PM   #121

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's a crap-shoot either way, all depends on who you get behind in the narrow sections. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've always hand-wringed about traversing the Antelope Valley...the routes are square in form, and there's just no way to cut any corners if you're trying to get northwest or southeast. I missed out asking Eric how to get away with NOT going through the Palmdale section of the 138 and wound up doing it on the BBQ trip...stopped at the Jack-In-The-Box down aways from the 14, and Brian got yelled at by some dope that was asking for a handout...Moski was a basketcase for about 30 minutes...not a good area. Plus the traffic lights always tend to be red! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I turn off on the 138 (Pear Blossom) just after Tough-Actin' Tin-Acton, drops you just outside Palmdale. Then make my way to Victorville. And I don't stop for nobody. Unless they can sucessfully chock my tires with their dead carcass.

We like Victorville cause it has Steer n' Stein, Cask n' Cleaver, and RoadHouse Grill...three of our favorite food groups.

Old 10-14-2005, 06:00 PM   #122

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We like Victorville cause it has Steer n' Stein, Cask n' Cleaver, and RoadHouse Grill...three of our favorite food groups. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah Baby!! Red meat...it's the FIRST meat!

I grew up on Cask-N-Cleaver (but now that I think of it, I think it's a long goner in VV)...but Roadhouse Grill? That's where Moski and Shari gave Dave and I our Richard Petty 8 Lap Driving School passes @ Fontana a couple of months ago....good place!
Old 10-14-2005, 06:04 PM   #123

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We like Victorville cause it has Steer n' Stein, Cask n' Cleaver, and RoadHouse Grill...three of our favorite food groups. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah Baby!! Red meat...it's the FIRST meat!

I grew up on Cask-N-Cleaver (but now that I think of it, I think it's a long goner in VV)...but Roadhouse Grill? That's where Moski and Shari gave Dave and I our Richard Petty 8 Lap Driving School passes @ Fontana a couple of months ago....good place! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm pretty sure C&C is still there, was last time I drove through. Steer n Stein is cheaper and WAY good too.

Old 10-14-2005, 07:27 PM   #124

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm pretty sure C&C is still there, was last time I drove through. Steer n Stein is cheaper and WAY good too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boy...I don't know about that Phatty...Steer 'N Stein has all the elements (beef n' brew), but more like getting a Mickey D's raw beef steak (does the USDA have a "D" rating?). Sorry...I'm a Harris Ranch guy- won't settle for anything else!!
Old 10-14-2005, 08:13 PM   #125

Hey it's brianz here. So this is where you guys are hanging out these days? Rasor road will be another great trip. Looking forward to it! I would like to hit some of the spots we didn't see last time: The Stabbin Cabin, Crucero, Desert Megaphone,the mines across 15,etc....

04 WW SLC3505 For Sale
brianzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 08:47 PM   #126

GeeeSus!! The imfamous BrianTriple"Z"man!! You finally took the plunge, hey guy?!!

First time @ Rasor, and I'm sure we'll get the tour, but only if we can get our lazy butts outta camp to go about the place...

Hey!!! Lampshade??!!! LAMPSHADE?!!! You aren't going 'closet' on us, are you?

Glad to see we're finally gonna get to meet up again!!

Sean