Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2014, 08:50 PM   #1

RV Shows

I will be switching from a 30 foot classA RV to a to a Toy Hauler. I have done a lot of looking on line and think I know some manufacturers that have good quality, but need to get inside to know for sure. Anyone know of upcoming RV shows near So Cal?
drkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2014, 04:20 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The "best" SoCal RV show (not my word, but it is the biggest) is the one in Pomona in the Fall:
The California RV Show The California RV Show

We, in the West do not have any shows similar to Hershey or Tampa. All the models on display at the shows in the west are from Dealer's Stock...so it is nothing that you can't see by shopping the dealer lots.

But, the Pomona show reportedly brings the factory reps who set-up in the dealer area's.

Sorry to not have better news.
Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:36 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If I were to get a 5th wheel, I would go with the Cyclone Toy Hauler. Very popular, roomy, stylish in many designs and lengths.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:49 AM   #4

I have a 41.5 Ft Raptor toy hauler we bin living in it for 8 months now and we love it
Pete1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:20 AM   #5

There a few posted responses to similar questions on this site. I don't want to influence you one way or the other on choosing a toy hauler...most are very nice.
However...first look deeper into each toy hauler and how they are constructed.
Second...look at warranty
3rd...when you decide to finally buy one, have your dealer agree with you BEFORE you buy, to let you live in the unit for a couple of day at their dealership. There will always be a few issues to address. While living in it, go through every system more than once...electrical, slide-outs, water systems (vent caps are almost never opened or removed creating pressure problems)
4th...quality of accessories (like mattress...that you will want to replace with better quality) The dealer will usually address this before you buy...but address it!
5th...back to the quality, since your probably hauling expensive toys (like me, a HD Ultra Limited...$30k motorcycle) the tie downs are very important.

I really liked the 3895 Voltage and the 4200 Cyclone, but when I looked further...Voltage has had many problems with quality control since they have a high demand as does the Cyclone. Both manufacturers are trying to meet demand and losing the quality.

I stumbled across the Evergreen Tesla. They are new to the market and only have a few floor plans but the quality (in my opinion...is far superior to the Voltage, Cyclone, Momentum, and XLR)

The difference other than the quality (like garage tie downs are mounted to the frame and not the plywood floor and rated for 6000 lbs, vs 2500 lbs) is you can get a residential fridge with the Tesla and an optional dishwasher...and a high quality Denver Mattress-pillow top mattress standard with the Tesla. The Cyclone although not quite as good as the Tesla is much better than the Voltage in this area.

Whichever way you go...look at the details of each manufacturer and it will give you piece of mind when buying any unit....good luck!
suprdave1958 is offline   Reply With Quote