Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-20-2005, 10:07 PM   #1

Wow...don't ever leave us that long again, OK?!

OK...unless we get to go also!! Can hardly wait for the pics!

Sean

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2005, 10:07 PM   #2

Sean

Old 08-21-2005, 06:42 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Glad everybody is back safe and sound. We missed ya. Sounds like the trip was great, as all trip usually are. Kinda like fishing and working. The worst day fishing beats the best day working.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 07:37 AM   #4

Sean, Tom and all....

We did about 1650 miles of road to get to the Bryce Canyon area of Utah. We caravanned with our
three WW'ers. Nicky and Marianne, Steve and Peg and our rig.

We got in last evening after camping the night before at Rasor Rd. Lots to unpack and clean up.

This was Nicky's shake down trip and he has a couple of electrical problems. His fuel pump is broken
and he can't charge the WW batteries from the truck..... most likely a fuse. Little stuff.

We had a ball other than paying the outrageous fuel prices. Why is diesel now more expensive than
high octane? I have not heard anything on the news.

Good to be back!

Howie

Old 08-21-2005, 09:51 PM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sean,

Here is how we kept our toys clean

We rode about 50 miles almost every day and each
day was a different trail..... The Dixie NF

There were several trails that took us right
to the edge of these cliffs.... just beautiful
Old 08-22-2005, 09:30 AM   #6

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Howie,
those are some GREAT pics. Nice one of the three rigs parked side by side.
(and NICE graphic on your truck buddy!!!)

And how are the initial bugs that shaked out of hiding on Sandy and Nick's rig coming along?? Was there anything serious that happened wrong with the shakedown cruise ?

It is a pleasure to have you all back!

Mike
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 02:05 PM   #7

Mike, this was one of the best trips we have ever undertaken. We were out for two weeks and nobody wanted to come home!

We had only minor (for us) problems with the WW. So far (on our previous as well as new WW) King Salami has fixed anything that has cropped up, the first being a bum fuel pump on the Onan and second a bum pump on the fuel station. There were a couple of little drain leaks under the sink but other than that everything is working wonderfully -- fridge, heat, water heater, etc.
SandyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 05:44 PM   #8

wow guys! Super pics! Man alive...that looks just like Heaven- no wonder ya didn't want to leave! I wouldn't either- my boss would get that proverbial call where I would have to feign an illness like Pnuemonia or sumpthin! (I caught it washing my bike!)

, doesn't it?

Glad to have ya back, and sorry to hear about the calamities, but I think you'll agree it coudda been worse! I'm sure Howie's already working on a better mousetrap!!
Old 08-23-2005, 05:56 AM   #9

Looks like you guys had a blast

Where did you camp?? Is that tropic reservoir in the pic?? How far north did you ride??

Give us more details and pics. I wish I could take a week or two or three off and go there. Dream on....

CUL at Diirk's BBQ
Marco Polo

2500 HD Duramax
Marco Polo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 08:32 AM   #10

Sandy!, King!, & Howie! Welcome back!!! sure looks like you had fun. Great pics. Like that quad cleaning drive through!! I had an Onan full pump go bad also at Pismo. Called Joe in parts at WW ext 146 and he admitted alot of bad Onan pumps. Wonder what a spare would cost. I think I want one. That thing is too easy to replace to not have a spare on board and sure would ruin a trip if no one had a spare gen to use.

Griz

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 08:53 AM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marco Polo:
Where did you camp?? Is that tropic reservoir in the pic?? How far north did you ride??
Marco Polo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We camped first at Fremont Indian State Park just above Marysvale for a few days and then fell upon Tropic Reservoir by accident. That place took top honors. Spent five days and rode mostly south and west of the reservoir. We definitely will be going back.

-------------------------------------
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grizwald2:
Wonder what a spare would cost. I think I want one. That thing is too easy to replace to not have a spare on board and sure would ruin a trip if no one had a spare gen to use. Griz </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good idea, Griz. Since we needed a pump ASAP so we could leave for vacation, we ordered one up and it cost $47.96 (+tax/shipping). Now that we're back we need to contact WW about getting our $$$ back.
SandyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 09:23 AM   #12

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Now that we're back we need to contact WW about getting our $$$ back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'd be interested in hearing their reaction to that ... there seems to be a fair amount of talk lately about failed pumps. I'm assuming your dealer won't acted surprised when you talk with them.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 09:39 AM   #13

Sandy I would call WW and talk to joe in parts ext 146. Turn in your bad one and then you will have a spare

Don

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 08:26 PM   #14

HeY Guys...

Missed Ya'll...
Looks like you had a great trip and sorry to hear about your "issues"... The ones on the WW,, Not 56's issues...
Can't wait to sit around the fire and hear about it.
D and V

2006 Ford King Ranch F350DW 4X4 w/Towpac 6.0
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote