Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2013, 05:56 PM   #1

Schwintek Slides on 2013 Voltage

Just finished a 5 day trip in the new 2013 Voltage 3950 which has 3 slides all powered by Schwintek system. Since this was out 2nd trip in the unit, I just noticed that on all 3 slides, when they are fully extended until the Motors stop, one side of the slide is flush against the wall but the other side has a 1" gap. This is the case on all 3 slides? Is this normal?
hitman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2013, 11:44 AM   #2

In a word ; No.
Still under warranty ? Take some pictures and return to dealer for adjustments, do not attemp to adjust them yourself unless your out of warranty.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:42 AM   #3

Thanks for posting this info on the slides. I'm about to take delivery of 2013 Voltage 3950. I'll be sure to watch for proper functioning of the slides during the PDI. Among many, many other things.
VoltageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #4

My son bought a 2012 voltage in Dec 2012 used it 5 times its been in shop the rest of the time the slides either won't go out or won't come in has been worked on 4 times just for that, the other recurring problem is relay switch from generator to shore power been replaced 3 times, needless to say there in middle of lemon law law suit right now!!!! Talk about a nightmare, it sure looks pretty but!!!!!!!!! he's wishing he would have done his homework
debbiej00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:17 AM   #5

We purchased the 2013 Voltage 3950. Triple slides. All have gone in and out flawlessly many, many times. We did our homework.

It would be enlightening to know how many Voltage units have been sold, and how many have problems. What percentage are having issues compared to those that are just fine?
Old 08-24-2013, 06:41 AM   #6

Thats too bad about his Voltage. I did my homework and found that every RV maker on market has lemons. I even had a lemon back in 2007 when I paid over $350k for brand new Monaco Dynasty! Unfortunately RV builders suffer from getting good help just like every industry. My Voltage had a couple minor problems but all were solved with a few phone calls to Dutchman and one visit to the dealer who fixed the problem in 24hrs. I couldn't be more pleased with my 3950.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:23 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman007 View Post
Thats too bad about his Voltage. I did my homework and found that every RV maker on market has lemons. I even had a lemon back in 2007 when I paid over $350k for brand new Monaco Dynasty! Unfortunately RV builders suffer from getting good help just like every industry. My Voltage had a couple minor problems but all were solved with a few phone calls to Dutchman and one visit to the dealer who fixed the problem in 24hrs. I couldn't be more pleased with my 3950.
Ah, it is good to see there are satisfied owners of this trailer. Count me in on that satisfaction as well. Even if something goes wrong, which I suspect it may with time, that is ok. That's what I purchased 7 years of mechanical breakdown insurance for.

Another point: I notice that all RVs, without exception, are not built with the same attention to detail that automobiles are built. The Voltage seems to have the highest standard of the trailers I've looked at, but even then, I find many things that are simply not up the same level of quality. It may be because they're trying to "make weight" using materials that are by nature more flimsy, and thus lighter in weight.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:15 AM   #8

You are exactly right on the use of lightweight materials to save weight. The irony is since an RV is a home that is subject to earthquake conditions every time it goes down the road, they need to be using extra heavy duty materials but they can't because of weight limits. There is no way to win that game unless they use titanium, aluminum and carbon fiber which would stand up over time but then a Voltage would cost $250,000 or more.