Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2005, 03:56 AM   #1

Just a picture from my second voyage in the Warrior. It was hot as the devil but we had a great time, caught some big fish, ate well and drank a few brews.

My Big'un, 34" freshwater Redfish.

WW FS2300
twinbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2005, 03:56 AM   #2

Just a picture from my second voyage in the Warrior. It was hot as the devil but we had a great time, caught some big fish, ate well and drank a few brews.

My Big'un, 34" freshwater Redfish.

WW FS2300
Old 06-29-2005, 06:54 AM   #3

Bubba,

That's one he!! of a fish you got there. Glad your enjoying your new rig.

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 09:05 AM   #4

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Bubba
that is one BIG fish. I'd be smiling at least that big myself if I had caught that.
And i believe you are holding on to your title of Gun and Rod Sportsman with a toyhauler here.
That trailer work out alright?

Mike
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 09:33 AM   #5

FatDog, the trailer has been wonderful so far. I am still making mods. to personalize it. The wife needed more counter space so I took an old wooden TV tray, cut and screwed a couple of small wooden blocks on the underside of the top so they fit snug down in the stove grate and wife now has a counter/cutting board on top of the stove. How is that for a mod?

WW FS2300
Old 06-29-2005, 11:35 AM   #6

Bubba,

Wow, nice fish! Looks like you had a great time. What's the location?

Great idea on your recent mod. It's nice when you can accomplish your goals without spending a lot of $$$$$, well done.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 11:43 AM   #7

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and wife now has a counter/cutting board on top of the stove. How is that for a mod? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nice ! You've captured unused space, and it is easily moved in case you want to boil water for coffee.

And by the way Bubba, heres a link for you:
http://www.redfishtour.com/
Your fish looks exactly like the one on the front page. I've never seen one before, but they must all have that distintive black dot on their tail. Looks like they got some prize money at stake with that type of fish too.
You ever tossed your line in a competition before?

and on edit, bubba as I read that link more, it looks like the winner in a tourney 2 months ago had a 22 pounder. How heavy was that 34"er that you caught?
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 01:25 PM   #8

FatDog, I don't know how heavy the fish was, my
digital scale took a dump on me. My luck. You are right all redfish have the black spot on the tail. They are native to the Texas Gulf coast. The Texas Parks and Wildlife adapted them to fresh water just like they did the Atlantic striper. We have stripers in many lakes here in Texas but as far as I know there are only a couple of lakes that have the redfish. Redfish put up the best fight of any fish I have ever had on my line, fresh or salt water. And man are they tasty on a grill.
A no, I have never fished in competition, ain't my thing, I do it for the sport and the eating.

WW FS2300
Old 06-29-2005, 01:48 PM   #9

high desert, the location is in central East Texas about midway between Dallas and Houston. It is a small powerplant lake. Maybe that explains why I glow in the dark for a week after I leave the lake.

WW FS2300
Old 06-29-2005, 04:14 PM   #10

Wow Twinbubba!!

What a FISH! Are you sure you'd want to eat it- I'd put it above the fireplace!

Good stuff there Meynard!!

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 06:26 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ditto on all the above there Twin.

You know, WW, fishing, eating, and drinking, all go hand in hand so it seems. Just goes to the versatility of the toyhauler, or, at least the people who own one.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote