Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
Setting up another bed

I was wondering how many of you have actually set up some type of "extra" bed in the "garage" of your toy haulers. We have a 28' Campmaster that has a 14' gargae and once the bikes are outside we would like to use the garage as a bedroom. The camper is designed to use the small fold out couch and kitchen table as the beds but both are too small for two of us to sleep on comfortably and also seems to be a hassle breaking down the kitchen every night. Anyway, I was interested in something like a large double "cot" or light fold up bed. Any ideas would be welcome and we are stumped to find something that works and it actually comfortable!

woodly1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2011, 02:24 PM   #2

They have some pretty nice air beds now that have their own pump built in. If you get one that is chambered properly they are pretty comfortable. We have one we use for company and it works great. Make sure it has many chambers though.

2002 Holiday Rambler 40 PBT
Jimmyzw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:25 PM   #3
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi Woodly1069!

Can not help with your question, I just wanted to 'stop by' and say WELCOME!!!

Hope that you enjoy it here and don't be shy-- this is a pretty open and friendly group!

Have a good one!!

1990 Itasca Suncruiser 32'
1996 V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
7 Pomeranians, a white Chuihuhia & a 1982 Honda Express Scooter
~ Salt Creek Recreation Area Olympic Peninsula, Washington ~
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:33 PM   #4
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I just went camping and used a fold up cot that my friend bought at Walmart. It was very comfortable and STRONG. I am 6'3" and 245lbs and it had no trouble supporting me. That might be an idea for your garage.
NOTE; I am not responsible for typos, poor grammer or misspelled word !
04 Itasca, Meridian 34H, 330 Cat/2003 CR V Toad
1933 Ford 3 Window,as seen in Bye Bye Birdie
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 04:05 PM   #5
National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Have you considered a Murphy Bed?
RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Murphy bed in Toyhauler

2008 National Pacifica 40D DP, 4 slides, 1 1/2 baths; 2007 Honda Odyssey & 2 Segways
FMCA #F415856 & Thousand Trails Elite
Right, left, straight, or stay....decision of the day
Frantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:33 PM   #6
Great ideas by all, and definitely glad I found this site! Lots of nice folks with good ideas! We have thought about the air matress but the only thing about that is the leak factor; it just seems that every one we have ever had leak! I sure don't like waking up on the floor! I like the Murphy bed idea and if after measuring, we may look into that for sure! The cot is another that we have looked at but my significant other is not going to go for the fact that there will be "bars" between us. If I could find a double cot without a "tent" on it that might be an option as well. Anyway thanks again for some insight and we will continue to research the best option for us! As for now, we can't wait until the weather warms up some so we can get back out there and meet some more like minded folks! Thanks again and travel safe!
woodly1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:56 PM   #7
air matress is the only way to go... comfort, and uses little space to store
Renegade Garage Unit
Ed S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:31 PM   #8
We use one like this with a memory foam mattress. You could sleep on it full time if you wanted to. Air pump is built in, easy set up, quick deflate. Bought it at Academy Sports.
2015 Cornerstone 45B Topaz
2013 Aspire DEQ Sold
Dieselgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:27 PM   #9
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just removed the extra lift bed out of my toy hauler. The couch makes into a bed, also the table and I have another queen bed above the garage. I built and replaced the lift bed with a custom wooden storage box that gets stuff off the garage floor and makes more room for my Harley and Road Hog.

I someone wants to buy queen size lift bed (folds twice), let me know.

Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote