Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2005, 07:47 PM   #15

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by melon:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>But I haven't found the need to shower outdoors.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perfect 4 the beach(Pismo)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm looking for ideas. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We use a small pallet, if you can find, or make one. Make sure the top platform wood is close together, but not too close, so water can run out. Keep it small so you can store it in ur basement.

Rod </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow Rod...remind us to give you a lesson on quoting! More than enough peeps that can help ya here!

But I got the 'jist'...a pallet around our winter gatherings is fire-fodder! Hope it's branded with your name on it!

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2005, 07:53 PM   #16

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
you know,.. i got knee deep into this thread before I realized that not one person i've Glamis'd with ever showered anyway,
and you guys with all your melon quotes had me goin'
you guys are goooood!
see you at the sau-cuuzi
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 07:57 PM   #17

yeah, Im all over the road tonight

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 08:18 PM   #18

Mikey:

hummm....I think you've hit the nail on THAT head...probably go to bed with their glooves on too, ey?

Rod: nuttin wrong with that...we do it all the time!
Old 06-29-2005, 08:27 AM   #19

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatDog:
On a related note, i made a stand-alone jacuuzzi/sauna for our rig
...a 5 gallon bucket
...and the little water that accumulates at the bottom is our jacuuzi.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, just how do you fit into the bucket? Are you really that small?

Jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 08:32 AM   #20

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So, just how do you fit into the bucket? Are you really that small?

Jay </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even i didn't think of that one

Welcome to the SoCal Icemen
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 04:40 PM   #21

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jamman:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatDog:
On a related note, i made a stand-alone jacuuzzi/sauna for our rig
...a 5 gallon bucket
...and the little water that accumulates at the bottom is our jacuuzi.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, just how do you fit into the bucket? Are you really that small? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jay:

I think he meant to say "5 cubic foot bucket'- that's why he had to get the alum siding on the TH because the bucket weighs so much. He also said he puts a couple of garden chairs in there...

That Fatty....
Old 06-29-2005, 05:24 PM   #22

Hey. I had to clarify that....

On the topic, we got tired of the mud too. We bought a 6'X6˜ piece of that rubber flooring you see in restaurant kitchens (1" thick and perforated with round holes throughout) and lay it out in that area. The thickness keeps it off the ground, and the holes allow the water to drain into the ground. Unless it's really cold out, the water evaporates quickly. When we are done, I just lay it out on the floor of the Raptor garage.

Jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 08:24 PM   #23

.....take along a wood pallet and stand on it....use it as fire wood the last nite you are camping....use a piece of plywood to cover the spaces between the pallet-or just nail another pallet broken up for a floor......with a rubbermade shower/tub thingie to keep from slipping....geofkaye
Old 06-30-2005, 03:53 PM   #24

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KAYERIVERCITY:
.....take along a wood pallet and stand on it....use it as fire wood the last nite ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Geof, PLEASE don't burn pallets -- I'm not a huge fan of pulling nails out of flat tires or kid's feet for that matter. Thanks.
SandyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 04:55 PM   #25

Sandy:

I second the (e)motion! Plenty of other plain wood types that could be used for a campfire! But it would work fine for a shower pan.

Sean
Old 06-30-2005, 07:32 PM   #26

In the desert around here,,, no mud.. dry as a bone in seconds... A.L. uses the outside shower to wash me and the Dogs.. Cold on me and warm on the dogs... The camps arounds us have complained about me showering though

2006 Ford King Ranch F350DW 4X4 w/Towpac 6.0
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 07:35 PM   #27

Aviator!

Must be the singing...

...or is it the birthday suit?!

Sean
Old 06-30-2005, 07:40 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Now I can believe that, without the photo, thank you very much!
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote