Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-15-2006, 04:16 PM   #1

Well after seeing Kevin's thread about this over on the Alternate Channel, I knew it was time for me to do the same thing. I have to admit WW left the front compartment wiring in shambles- even after replacing the langing Gear motor, then replacing the entire landing gear a second time during the last visit. They've got this darn HO for using those dang inline fuses, and in the process of putting them into the lines, they've left 2 or 3 breaks (connectors, solderless or a wirenut) in each line which, to me, is "the weakest link" (right?! ). Plus try to find 'em when they're all over the place! Note in the first pic one of the "little" things that happened at the Fontucky Race....two of the inline fuse holders melted together. Took out the whole 12v system. Oh...and the Landing Gear motor was supposed to have a 20 amp fuse in it, and they had put a 40 amp! Even after they told me it was supposed to be 20 amp, they still put a 30 amp in it after replacing the enitre landing gear system. I'm still a little leary of it- first sounded better, but it's showing signs of really having to put out to raise this beast!

So over the last couple of weeks I've been amassing some parts to be able to complete this project. I must say, John Drake @ SolarSeller.com is about one of the nicest guys to deal with- and his pricing can't be beat (IMO). The "T" type Fuse & Holder and the Distribution Block came from him. The Fuse Block came from BoatersWorld.com- neat little package that has been designed VERY well.

Here's the new setup:

My understanding from the WW Service Center is that the 2007's got cleaned up alot better than what we had.

Let me advise anyone who doesn't have any experience with 12 volt systems: unless you go to great pain in labeling everything before tearing it down and making ding-dang sure you've put it back in the same fashion, don't attempt to do something like this. It can be very dangerous, in addition to the cost of all your 12v system like the converter, inverter, etc to make a wrong hookup.

Ohhh...and I found the problem we were having with our INverter...the darn remote switch assembly was causing the INverter to cycle On & Off! I've been wrangling over THAT problem for a couple of months now! Hopefully I'll be able to convince Xantrex to send me a new one because the warranty was up last month.

Opps...noticed I haven't labeled my fues panel....off to grab the Labeler and do so!!

Sean

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2006, 04:16 PM   #2

Well after seeing Kevin's thread about this over on the Alternate Channel, I knew it was time for me to do the same thing. I have to admit WW left the front compartment wiring in shambles- even after replacing the langing Gear motor, then replacing the entire landing gear a second time during the last visit. They've got this darn HO for using those dang inline fuses, and in the process of putting them into the lines, they've left 2 or 3 breaks (connectors, solderless or a wirenut) in each line which, to me, is "the weakest link" (right?! ). Plus try to find 'em when they're all over the place! Note in the first pic one of the "little" things that happened at the Fontucky Race....two of the inline fuse holders melted together. Took out the whole 12v system. Oh...and the Landing Gear motor was supposed to have a 20 amp fuse in it, and they had put a 40 amp! Even after they told me it was supposed to be 20 amp, they still put a 30 amp in it after replacing the enitre landing gear system. I'm still a little leary of it- first sounded better, but it's showing signs of really having to put out to raise this beast!

So over the last couple of weeks I've been amassing some parts to be able to complete this project. I must say, John Drake @ SolarSeller.com is about one of the nicest guys to deal with- and his pricing can't be beat (IMO). The "T" type Fuse & Holder and the Distribution Block came from him. The Fuse Block came from BoatersWorld.com- neat little package that has been designed VERY well.

Here's the new setup:

My understanding from the WW Service Center is that the 2007's got cleaned up alot better than what we had.

Let me advise anyone who doesn't have any experience with 12 volt systems: unless you go to great pain in labeling everything before tearing it down and making ding-dang sure you've put it back in the same fashion, don't attempt to do something like this. It can be very dangerous, in addition to the cost of all your 12v system like the converter, inverter, etc to make a wrong hookup.

Ohhh...and I found the problem we were having with our INverter...the darn remote switch assembly was causing the INverter to cycle On & Off! I've been wrangling over THAT problem for a couple of months now! Hopefully I'll be able to convince Xantrex to send me a new one because the warranty was up last month.

Opps...noticed I haven't labeled my fues panel....off to grab the Labeler and do so!!

Sean

Old 10-15-2006, 04:37 PM   #3

Very nice!

oh and... I see no Monkeys flying out of rear orifaces, so I seriously doubt that there will be any cleaner wiring in the 07's or 08's or 09's...

2BlueHeelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 04:51 PM   #4

Scott: actually I did look at a Full Throttle, and they have cleaned it up a bit better than what we had. But I'm still thinkin' the so-called "electrician" that did the first gear motor replacement had either a meth lab at home that took a higher priority than my repair, or "home" was more southernly that what would be considered as a local boy. It did agast the service writer @ WW.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:01 PM   #5

I would hope to shout that the Full Throttle would have the best wiring... show me the REST of the line!
Nay-sayer??? Moi'???

2BlueHeelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:54 PM   #6

Sean Now thats what I call using the old bread board....Looks great, I'll have to have you splain it all to me at Rasor. Save those part numbers buddy.

Griz

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote