Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-21-2016, 02:11 PM   #1

Tahoe Wiring schematic

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get a wiring schematic for a 2007 Thor Tahoe Light Hauler 30 foot? Have been looking for awhile...Thanks!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2016, 03:52 PM   #2

I doubt that you would ever find one--most of these units are wired as the guy putting them together at the time decides to do it.

'09 F450--died, replaced with '10--retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 07:41 AM   #3

Did you call Thor? I've had pretty good luck calling the manufacturer to get things like that.
Old 04-23-2016, 01:42 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
I bet Thor has an on-line wiring diagram.

Our Winnebago had Wiring schematics available electronically...as well as a build sheet that listed parts by number for the total coach.
Old 04-30-2016, 07:33 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Bet Thor doesn't...
You can generally get wiring schematics for the chassis section of a Class-C or Class-A, but most consumer-grade trailers are thrown together as indicated above... No such thing as a wiring diagram.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:05 AM   #6

Dead plug in

Any magical suggestions on how to trace the wiring on a dead outlet? Have called Thor Tahoe! They had sold to a company that has went bankrupt a few years ago..dead end.
Thanks!
Old 05-01-2016, 10:38 AM   #7

It may or may not be simple--is this the ONLY dead outlet? If no others, turn main breaker off or disconnect from shore power and pull the outlet--or have you done this already? Check the wiring at the outlet--is it the last one in the circuit? Do the wires continue on somewhere else? Most of these rv outlets are not normal house outlets, but just have contacts the cut the insulation of the wires to make contact--not known for longevity and good electrical contact. You can always use a VoltMeter to check for power at the wires coming into the outlet, if you have one/know how to use it. No power at the outlet--bigger problem than I think it is. Power at the wires--bad outlet.
Check this and let us know what you find out.
And be very careful with exposed wiring and the house current on....
Joe
'09 F450--died, replaced with '10--retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:47 PM   #8

I had a 05 Tahoe 36wtb 5th wheel.
The receptacle near the bathroom sink quit working one time. Found the breaker good but no power to the other end of the wire. I couldn't tell if the wire ran through the floor or the ceiling because because the wire went through a stud next to the J box.
I bought a cheap Harbor freight telephone tone generator and hooked it up to the wire at the receptacle end. I could follow the path of the wire and it went through the cieling. I removed one of the overhead lights and cut a hole in the ceiling just a tab smaller thian the light to access the wire. I was able to remove 1 staple and use the old wire to pull a new piece of romex. The black wire in the old romex melted in two after it shorted to the ground. It looked like when the pulled the wire they damaged the insulation.
This is the tool I used.
Cable Tracker
Old 05-02-2016, 07:42 PM   #9

Dead plug in

Have found that the circuit that the plug in is on. The black wire has no continuity. Have tried to use a toner to trace it down. Seems to go up a wall across the celing and to the breaker box. Will not budge therefore I am guessing it is either wedged or has a staple through it. Really don't care to destroy the interior. This breaker has two outlets on it so it can be turned off. May just have to live with it.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:10 PM   #10

On mine the only staple was in the cieling where the wire turned down from the ceiling. There may have been a staple behind the fridge too. You could always run a new piece of romex underneath.

When I first got mine the AC ran really erratic, after trying to be fixed three times by the dealer I called mobile rv repair and paid out of my own pocket. He changed the board in the AC then the thermostat, when the thermostat didn't work we looked at each other and said must be the wire. With that comment we cut apart all the connections and found 3 of the wires in the thermostat wire bundle shorted together. Upon further inspection. We found a staple driven through the wire bundle at the wall where it met the ceiling that the thermostat was mounted on.
The build quality on it was terrible.

Tags
wiring