Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-11-2005, 03:35 PM   #15

Well i race Hare Scrambles and you cant pry my 2 stroke out of my cold dead hands.

My wife rides a TTR125 eletrice start 4stroke play bike and the boy has a suzuki 50.

our daughter just started riding a hand-me-down un-suspended yamaha 50 4 wheeler.

we got one more to go... he'll be 2yrs old next month.

I think this fall I'm trading the ol' KDX200 in for a KTM 200EXC. and in the spring the oldest boy will probably go to a KTM junior or pro.

we also have a shaggy old 4 wheeler we lug along for a pit runner and work horse for trail grooming.

Todd T is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2005, 04:45 PM   #16

I started out on my old honda trail 90. (remember those?) I was 8 years old, then got a 200XL, Later I started racing YSR's (the little yamaha sport bikes) that started me into street bikes, raced those on an amateur circut off and on until I got engaged and Momma said I can still ride but no more racing. I still do some track time but ona closed track by myself or with 1 or 2 friends. I got back on dirt bikes in 2001. I bought my XR400R and Momma's XR100. They are great out here on the Arizona single track. I now have two boys under the age of 3. So we have moved to off road suspension karts. (nothing like getting them started early!!!) We really have a blast with them. Would love a rail but Momma wants a boat first. How can I argue with that?

Old 07-12-2005, 06:30 PM   #17

You can read here, if you like, to get the answer to why we chose our toy.

Sheri

2005 Chevy 3500 (DRW) Duramax with Allison 1000
Goldenwingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 07:00 PM   #18

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
i am a fanatic rider
many years
but there is no question to the fact that your "destruction to the swimming pool" was the most captivating story I've read in a while.
A couple more pics of that would be cool.

And one more thing,... your matching graphics between TV and TH is well thought out. Who applied the graphics??
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 07:40 PM   #19

At one time we did have a few more shots of the destruction on the web, but our five week motorcycle tour took up so much space that I had to remove several pix from our site as well as double our space to 200MB.

A local company, Image-1 Digital Graphics designed and applied the graphics on our truck. Wendell, one of their employees, was the one who did the designing. He even came to our house the morning of the application day, parked his truck in front of our house and drove our truck in and returned it that evening as the finished project. Couldn't ask for better service than that.

Sheri

2005 Chevy 3500 (DRW) Duramax with Allison 1000
Goldenwingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 08:04 PM   #20

This might be a new toy for you all (or Yall if you are from the south ) Our first real camping trip in the desert was with a group of Landsailers. These things are like go carts with a sail on top....The best place to ride them is on dry lake beds which nevada has several. After that one trip we were hooked on camping out in the middle of nowhere. We sold our Travel trailer and purchased the toyhauler. We bought a few quads and now the last toy is the landsailer. I will post some pictures at some point. If you ever get a chance to go for a ride on a landsailer....you gotta try it....it is pretty exciting.

James

2006 F-350 CC, Diesel, SRW, LB
jab3143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 08:22 PM   #21

FatDog I'm still waiting for ya ta swap the motors from the pan to the barstool, may do a tad more than 50!
Old 07-13-2005, 01:03 AM   #22

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ta swap the motors from the pan to the barstool, may do a tad more than 50! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
well, at least the Tecumseh that i AM using will be rigid mounted
Old 07-13-2005, 06:43 AM   #23

Melon:
I've always really liked the Pilots and Odysseys. I just saw THIS on eBay and thought it was really nice, just don't have the room...or budget for it.

Jab3143:
Landsailing looks like fun. They do it here on the base I work at, which is pretty much nothing but dry lake beds. One of these days I'll get out there and give it a try.

As to my toys. I've been riding street bikes for a long time. But that's unrelated. We were going to get some SeaDoos, but decided that we couldn't use them as much as we'd like. SO I got a quad, LT250r. Lots of fun. Then a Banshee, Then my wife got a Wolverine and I picked up a Raptor 660. All that time we were using a small utility trailer to haul our stuff. Then we upgraded to the TH. My wife added another quad to her collection, a Raptor 350 and then we added the Ridge Runner, so we could actually ride together instead of us having to adjust our normal pace to the other. So far, the quads and the mini-buggy are a great combo for us.

2007 Rally site
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 07:27 PM   #24

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by diirk:
Melon:
I've always really liked the Pilots and Odysseys. I just saw THIS on eBay and thought it was really nice, just don't have the room...or budget for it. [QUOTE] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WOW, that thing is sweet. The only draw back I have with the buggy is that when you start to go that big, you almost want a two seater so you can take someone with you. That is the dilemma I face every month or so. I could sell the buggy and save my pennies for a sandrail, but then there is the maintenance issue. I dont want to turn wrenches all weekend. I like that the buggy is easy to ride, so my wife can zip around in it all weekend without any problems. But it's the size that kills me. It is almost as big as two quads. I have also thought about selling it and getting one of those new Kawi 700's with the auto tranny. Easy to ride, but can it can "bring it" when I want to take it for a giggle.

Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 08:34 PM   #25

finally some buggy/rail guys...
whats the big difference between the two, for the layman?
and we all see the single, double and four seaters. ???
what does the regular guy look for in something bigger then a quad
Old 07-13-2005, 08:47 PM   #26

Beats Me. I guess a sandrail can be a buggy if you change the rear tires, or maybe its the other way around. I know the Trader is full of sandrails in every color and style. As long as they come with a good tool kit.

Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote