Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-04-2006, 04:40 PM   #1

I looked at a Rage'n toyhauler today at a dealer in town and was impressed. What I need to know is should I have been?

My son has convinced me that we desperatly need quads and my wife has reluctantly agreed. Because they can't be stuffed into the SunnyBrook, and the wife has flatly said no to removing the cap on the truck ( the traveling haven of the 2 goldens ), it looks like a toyhauler is the only option.

The Rage'n seemed to be constructed well. I-beam frame, real wood cabinets, brand name appliances, Onan generator, and a one piece shower surround lead me to that conclusion.

What I looked at was a FB2600 with just about every available option except the TV. While I didn't even begin to haggle dollars, the salesman offered 31K.

So, because I haven't even thought about buying a trailer in the last 12 years, I need any and all thoughts and opinions.

Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2006, 04:40 PM   #2

I looked at a Rage'n toyhauler today at a dealer in town and was impressed. What I need to know is should I have been?

My son has convinced me that we desperatly need quads and my wife has reluctantly agreed. Because they can't be stuffed into the SunnyBrook, and the wife has flatly said no to removing the cap on the truck ( the traveling haven of the 2 goldens ), it looks like a toyhauler is the only option.

The Rage'n seemed to be constructed well. I-beam frame, real wood cabinets, brand name appliances, Onan generator, and a one piece shower surround lead me to that conclusion.

What I looked at was a FB2600 with just about every available option except the TV. While I didn't even begin to haggle dollars, the salesman offered 31K.

So, because I haven't even thought about buying a trailer in the last 12 years, I need any and all thoughts and opinions.

Thanks

Old 06-04-2006, 07:21 PM   #3

You are correct, a Rage'n is a very well built and strong Toy Hauler with a great floorplan. Than being said, pay close attention to the electrical. as they are known to have power issues from using undersized primary wiring and installing a rather wimpy converter. I have been told this has been corrected, but to be sure, check it out. PM me if you need more info.

$31k is way high. I paid $36 for a fully loaded 30' 5er. 20-25% off list is a good price.

2BlueHeelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 07:43 PM   #4

I didn't look at any of the wiring or converter, but will certainly check it out when we go back for a second look.
I saw your post on the mod. It's good to know there's info here to help correct it.
Thanks for the 20-25% guideline, although I don't recall seeing MSRP stickers on any of their trailers.
The dealer I went to was Sun City RV in Peoria,AZ.
They aren't the only Rage'n dealer in the valley, so I may check out the others as well to find someone willing to deal.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:13 PM   #5

2BlueHeelers and I have the same TH and the same voltage issue, other than that they are awesome trailers. DW and I looked for 6+ months at rigs all over southern calif. before finding the Rage'n. Had almost exactly what we needed, never found the "perfect" TH but this is close. Aside from the electrical issue, which I think is resolved, the rig has been trouble free and we LOVE it, just wish we could use it more, too many distractions.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:10 PM   #6

azstroke,

When you're ready to ride check out www.ridingarizona.com. Great bunch of folks.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:19 AM   #7

Also, if you can get it, Feb/Mar. issue of ToyHauler Magazine picked apart Ragin Inc. Acording to them they are a well built trailer. Ragin only makes toyhauler, and apparently the owner of Weekend Warrior just bought the company. Say what you will about Mark, but his company puts a good trailer together, for the most part. If fact, it seems according to this article that that are built very similarly to the WW with large water tanks and a "lite" model that you can tow with you 1/2 p-up or SUV.
I dont know about dealers in AZ but they did give a phone number; 800-438-3561 and a web site;
www.rageninc.com

Good luck

Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:18 PM   #8

Thanks Rod - I'll see if the local library has a copy of ToyHauler and check out the article. I'm pretty much sold on the Rage'n. Just have to find a dealer that I can work with. MSRP's must be a trade secret. Makes it a little difficult to know where to begin negotiating with them. I don't mind paying a fair price, but it's almost like buying a new car 30 years ago.

Paul - Thanks for the link to riding arizona. What a wealth of info there.

John
Old 06-06-2006, 08:38 PM   #9

2BlueHeelers is right about getting 20-25% off from the dealer. Like Kramer always says, "retail is for suckers". Well, maybe not always, but usually in this case. 20-25% off should be expected in this market because RV sales have gone down in the past two months. They should be wheelin' and dealin'. Also, dont just stick to the AZ dealers, call some CA or NV dealers and see what they can do. I live in OC and TravelOn in San Diego was willing to drive my trailer up to me. I know its not AZ to CA, but they have a dealership somewhere in AZ (866-830-5400). I know they do WW, and since Ragen' has recently been aquired by WW's owner, they may be a dealer for them also. It's worth a call. Good Luck.

Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 03:25 PM   #10

Travelon does own a dealership in Mesa. It is on Main between Lindsey and Val Vista on the Norht side of the street. We seriously looked at the toy haulers there, since all they sold was WW, but I ended up with a regular Jayco, since I did not have any toys, and no prospect of even having time to play with them. We bought the trailer for my wife to take on vacation. I get to drive it, set it up and bring it home, and I fly both way in between. (She usually goes to San Diego, and it is cheaper and nicer than renting a condo for the week)
Old 06-13-2006, 08:41 PM   #11

I like the set up in ours better than the Ragin. Check out the brand new Nitrous... they are sweet!! you can find it at www.fleetwoodrv.com the benches seem to fold more compactly, and it is lightweight.

Minnesota
Turners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 08:46 PM   #12

Well it looks like I'm commited to doing something now. I listed my SunnyBrook on craigslist today at about noon and had it sold by 2PM. I got what I was asking even though I factored in some negotiating in my price. Had a half a dozen more emails wanting to see it! Apparently 12 year old box trailers are worth more than I thought.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:52 PM   #13

Wow AZ...good going there! That's quite a feather in craigslist's cap (and yours!)...sure makes you wonder about the price you were asking, ey?

Good luck!

Sean
Old 06-27-2006, 01:01 PM   #14

I looked at alot of trailers when I was shopping. When I stepped into the Rage'n I said This is it.