Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Hummm...thought about this earlier, but sparring with Wes and Howie reminded me that we need to yac
Yes 9 47.37%
Yes...many times (I am paranoid) 5 26.32%
Maybe...give me another reason 2 10.53%
No 2 10.53%
No...I want anybody to steal all my worldly possessions! 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2005, 08:32 PM   #29

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
aviator
that is kinda my feeling as well. I only have so many 'favorite old shirts' and i keep them in the trailer, so please don't be messing with 'em

and a thief CAN get in, .. but perhaps a new lock set will help
I have to call that number you provided Sean, and get some new locks my self

FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2005, 07:11 PM   #30

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I would rather they try and not destroy everything while they take my dirty underware. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well...this would be a simple fix...just hang 'em out to dry on the awning.

But maybe you got the idea I changed out the entry door lock, which I didn't, which brings me another point...do you store your dirties in the basement, or the front compartment? I'd worry more about the dogs getting to 'em that I would any fellow RV'r Del!!!

Old 08-15-2005, 07:28 PM   #31

While I do think this is a great idea, I have to say that most of my doors are so gol' darn hard to open that not even I could break into them! Not sure if it is the same with other WW's but man! I have to apply "undue" pressure to get those latches to turn. Havind said that... I will look into these locks as well.. (added insurance)

\Noob

06 WW LE3305
TH_NOOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 07:35 PM   #32

\Bob!!

Mine were the same way...the bottom screws of each frame opening they laced with so much silicone, they have a tendency to 'stick'. I trimmed the silicone down, then adjus-ti-cated the cam levers so they would just barely compress the frame seals, and Wa-la....no more problems.

I will say there's a tad bit of cam lever adjustments to make as far as length (well...there were 3...I changed all of them out, and the one that gave me the biggest fit was the shower door one- go figure. I cudda welded the darn thing shut and never been the wiser).

Now what to do with the 22 keys they gave me!
Old 08-15-2005, 07:38 PM   #33

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TH_NOOB:
I have to say that most of my doors are so gol' darn hard to open that not even I could break into them! Not sure if it is the same with other WW's but man! I have to apply "undue" pressure to get those latches to turn.

\Noob </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On my rig I received 8 keys for the CH751 locks. Some of the keys don't work in some locks, even though they are all the same. Hmmmm. What's up with that?

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 07:39 PM   #34

22 keys.... I thought the point of this was to get them all keyed the same? and different than anybody else? splain Lucy

Griz

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 07:49 PM   #35

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">22 keys.... I thought the point of this was to </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i thought he meant he had 22 identical CH751 keys. After having a few trailers, they start accumulating in your junk drawer at home
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 07:59 PM   #36

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grizwald2:
22 keys.... I thought the point of this was to get them all keyed the same? and different than anybody else? splain Lucy

Griz </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh no Griz...I've got 22 keys all the same!! Geezz...what kinda dorfus do you think I am? (Don't answer that!) I think I'll just use them as chimes on one of the dogs...

Mikey...I bit the bullet on the old ones and just tossed 'em...some garbage dweller is gonna find a couple keyrings and think he's a janitor. It was definitely "key cleaning time"- I had sooooo many keys hangin' around and no idea what they were for...Murphy will give me that ONE lock I'll need 'em for...no doubt!
Old 08-15-2005, 08:21 PM   #37

Sean What the heck are you doing man! now I gotta change mine for sure...before that garbage dweller finds my ch751 locks out in front of my house.

Don

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 08:26 PM   #38

tehe tehe...yeh...I thought about that right AFTER posting it!

You might be in luck...most of those guys can't see anyway (hey...where are my glasses...oopps...I think I threw a few pairs of those 1.25's out also!).
Old 02-08-2006, 08:13 PM   #39

TTT

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
...here's the numbers you need to order...

TCL11803-BC-01-CP-01-KA#???? (do you really think I'd give you my code?) For the 1 1/8" locks

TCL5803-BC-CP-01-KA#???? (nope...not gonna do it!) For the 5/8" locks

KA= "Keyed Alike"

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sean.......I'm finally ready to do this mod but I have a few questions.

On the order page, I see you can order according to cam length, cam position when locked and cam position and rotation.

Are the locks you purchased all the same regarding these options?

Also, Did you reuse your original cams?

Is there anything else I might need to know before ordering?

Thanks, Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 08:31 PM   #40

Hey Wes!

All I did was send all my locks in to them, and they matched them to a tee. I did call and discuss what I wanted with one person, and she dealt with the used locks when she got them. And they were all new locks- complete with the cams, which they, again, matched perfectly!

Sean
Old 02-08-2006, 08:40 PM   #41
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Pardon me but, did you all ever stop to think that all these keys and locks are only for the "honest" thieves? Think about it, look at those doors, do you really think that a real thief would worry about whether your doors are locked and with what key. They'd stick a pry bar in there and go for it. Actually, I'd leave mine open so they wouldn't damage the doors and just make sure I didn't have anything that worth while in there.

Also, how many times have you been ripped off while camping? Myself, none! I leave everything outside all the time and have yet to lose anything although I do take my drinks inside with me. Just my .02 cents worth. Your findings may differ.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:59 AM   #42

Senoir Tomas!

Well...yeah! But I did it to protect all the other CH751 key holders from becoming suspects!

And no....never been violated, prolly because I've paid particular attention to this subject, in addition to NOT going anywhere where it might be an issue (I don't tend to leave my TH sitting on a side street in Watts or Compton ).

And actually, the $80 I paid is a pitence for the added security!

Sean