Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-09-2005, 06:34 PM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Oh man..been a long time since I've done it, but ATV'ing in snow is just a blast! One of these days, though, I'd really like to try Snowmobiling...now that looks like it'd be a hoot! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I gottcha covered bud. I have been there and done that. Helps to have friends at the home office in Minnetonka with snowmobiles. I have traveled 100 miles in 20 below on the sled at speeds up to 80 MPH out on the frozen lakes, going bar to bar, town to town. Always carry too, just in case the next bar is too far.

You haven't lived until you've bar hopped on a snowmobile.

Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2005, 06:55 PM   #30

oooooooo...now that sounds inticicing!!

Thanks for the "if you drink & snowmobile, don't forget the snowmobile" tip! But you can have that 20 below cr@p...I don't have enough clothes in my wardrobe to put on to ward off COLD like that!!

Old 09-09-2005, 07:02 PM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Thanks for the "if you drink & snowmobile, don't forget the snowmobile" tip! But you can have that 20 below cr@p...I don't have enough clothes in my wardrobe to put on to ward off COLD like that!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey bud, unless you've been there you can't imagine. A snowmobile suit weighs less than a heavy coat, yet protects to way below zero. You sweat your butt off while wearing those. Lower the shield on the helmet, wear the underwear and the suit and I promise, you WILL lose weight! Thats why you need to carry all that liquid along with you on the trip, not to mention stopping to get more. Can't get dehydrated, don'tcha know.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:24 PM   #32

OK...you got a hook in my mouth (hey...I'm drooling!)...just where is the closest snow to us???!!!! And I know about getting dehydrated...not a pretty picture- to run out of libations is like...well, err... running out of libations! Kiinda like letting air out of the ol balloon...

I see a trip to Wes' here sometime soon in our future...let's do it unannounced, OK?! Run the Ford around the house a couple of times to wake him up!! Geeezz...can hardly wait!

Sean
Old 09-09-2005, 08:50 PM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Remember, the trip is worth the experience.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:44 AM   #34

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
I can just see the revival of the
SoCal IceFishermen
now headquartered in SandSprings, Oklahoma,
all of us on our snow-runners and a wearin' these fancy snow suits that Tom is talking about,
racing from 'establishment' to 'establishment'.

Man, it sounds like Sean and I may finally get to own something with longsleeves on it.
&lt;------ just as long as we don't look like that doing it
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 08:07 AM   #35

Ahhh...I don't know Mikey...the title SoCal Relocated To Okieville Ice Fisherman doesn't ring so well! And last night I actually had to go out and buy a long-sleeved shirt- it was nippy!!

Still don't know what a snow suit is...is it one of those Tobias outfits from the 70's?!
Old 09-10-2005, 10:17 AM   #36
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
snowmobile suit

And guy's, you'll have to go about 700 miles north of Ok to really get into it. Can you say Minnesota.

You'd burn up wearing that suit in Okla.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:47 PM   #37

ttt.

Tonight the forecast is for temps to drop below freezing here. So....today I installed a hot water heater by-pass and a water pump converter winterizer, blew out the water lines and added the anti freeze to the WW.

I know this mod isn't something you peeps in the warmer climates have to worry about, but I thought you might like to see how it's done.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 08:25 PM   #38

ooooo Wes...don't! You're making me cold!!

That's interesting...remind me to never move to a colder climate...and you aren't going to store that pink stuff there, are you?

Second question...is that a speaker in the back of that compartment to keep the juice rockin'?!

Seriously, how much do you have to use? Is there some way to purge the entire system?
Old 10-04-2005, 08:39 PM   #39

I had to light the first fire of the year in the fireplace tonight.

Sean, they say that the "pink stuff" is "safe, odorless and tasteless" but I wouldn't drink it.

To de-winterize, you run fresh water through the entire system for about ten minutes.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 04:12 AM   #40

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Wes! Got mine done also. However since the LE's water pump is under the sink and pretty much inaccessable (Go Figure)I put the fitting on the supply hose as it comes out of the tank. Wes, I just love the change of seasons, don't you. But then thats why we escaped Florida for the Great NW. I have converted the fireplace to gas logs though. Since I no longer have teen labor to chop wood I now start the fire with a remote .. Sean, the antifreez is Propolene Glycol a standare food preservative. Like Wes says, in spring you just flush the lines with water.
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 05:35 AM   #41

I also recently installed a by pass and pump converter and plan an winterizing this weekend. We go through the entire rig and clean and wash everything during the winterization. One question I have for all of you is what is the best way to clean the awning? On our last trip last weekend, I opened it and realized that I had closed it wet with tons of pine needles from the trip before. Now, I have pine needle shapes all over the bottom side of my awning as well as regular dirt and grime marks. What is the best and easiest way to blast this thing before the harsh New England Winter kicks in? Any and all best practices for storing an RV would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 10-05-2005, 08:21 AM   #42

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Hey Mitch, glad to see you here! Long,long ago I was a radar operator on RC-121's at Otis. Great times and memories. When winterizing don't forget to put a cup or so of antifreez in all drains and comode. When washing the awning I find it easier to pull out the awning fully then retract it 2/3. Wash the top 1/3 then next, ect. A mild bleach solution,2oz to a gal. of water, and a few drops of dish detergent works well. I treat mine with Protectall once a year, but that may be an over kill. Besure the awning is dry before rolling it up. Also if you have the ambition a waxing of the rig before storage would be good. Again I like Protectall.It's good and easy to apply. Happy Trails!!

Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote