Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-26-2006, 08:59 PM   #15

Hey Sean,
Sorry I missed ya here in Phoenix. Just didn't have time to meet up with ya.

Yeah, I did my homework on the wheels/tires. With no lift on the trailer, the offset is the only way to get the tires to fit.
I have taken all hubs off of both of my trailers and don't see any issues with abnormal wear on the axle.
My tires wear perfect also, so I don't think the offset hurts anything.

When you go a 16" wheel, you go wider, 7", so that affects your offset/backspacing.
I did a measurement and the center of the tire from the trailer frame with my 16" setup is the same distance as my 15" setup. So that tells me that the forces and loads should be in the same position. Maybe I am wrong?

Did Jason give a reason why to not run the offset? Did he tell you what brand the 16" wheels that Warrior runs are? Can you get dimensions from him? I am curious.

2 tire places I have talked to both said it would be no problem.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2006, 05:31 AM   #16

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
Dittos on Tommy's kudos to you, MCR!! Are you running the 225's or the 235's? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sean, I'm running the 225/75/16's. I know the are rated slightly less than the bigger sizes, but that is all the tire that would fit. At my heaviest loaded weight I have done, I had 11580# on the axles, so I still had a pretty good margin of safety, as far as load rating of the tires is concerned.

The Eagle part # 0550-7766 is the rim I'm running also. The offset and backspacing is perfect, at least for my 04' SLC. I have about 3/4" clearence between the tire and fender flare, and a little more than that between the tire to frame, loaded. Before I made the decision, I read the pinned thread over at GD.com, and pm'd Linc on the subject. Wanted to get it right the first time!!

I shopped around here locally for the wheels and tires; prices varied ALOT!! I got a local wheel shop to mount and balance 7 wheels and tires w/ center caps for $1980 OTD. That was the best price I found BY FAR!! Hope this helps!! C-Ya!!

2004 WW 3705 SLC FW w/ALL the goodies!! Hauling out back:
MCR500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 04:39 PM   #17

Linc & MCR:

I knew I had another question for ya!! Mark brought it up today in a convo about the rims...do the WW caps fit in the Eagle Alloy rims?! And MCR....that IS a good price!

Regarding the tires: the LT235/85R16's are only 3/8" wider than the 225's, but the really good thing is that they're almost 3 1/2" taller- I might just be able to raise my hitch another inch or so. I would think that the negative 10mm (.378") offset would halp suck the tire closer to the frame instead of the fender skirt. I'm surprised MCR that you didn't have the room. That extra capacity (3042# vs 2680#) is gonna give 2172# of extra weight capability, for a total of 18,252# on the axles. I can hardly wait!!

Thanks everyone!
Old 10-03-2006, 05:55 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Who would have thought that we'd be thinking about congratulating people on gaining weight!!!!!!!
Wow, where can I get on board??? You go bud!!!
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 06:29 PM   #19

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:

I knew I had another question for ya!! Mark brought it up today in a convo about the rims...do the WW caps fit in the Eagle Alloy rims?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep......WW caps fit the Eagle wheels.
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 06:34 PM   #20

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by high desert:

I knew I had another question for ya!! Mark brought it up today in a convo about the rims...do the WW caps fit in the Eagle Alloy rims?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep......WW caps fit the Eagle wheels.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG...I forgot Wes that you did the upgrade also! Are those 225's or 235's?! I really LOVE those rims...I can hardly wait!!

How the heck are ye anyway, buddy?!
Old 10-03-2006, 06:51 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Man that looks good! I might have to run out and buy some just so I can look at them. Thats about as close as I can come to sex on this forum. Maybe even closer. They do look nice.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:53 PM   #22

Doing great Sean. The WW is going to the dealer for some warranty work tomorrow...Wish me luck. Gawd, I wish the WW service center was closer.

I believe it will end up in So. Cal anyway. A few of the repairs are probably above the dealer service center.

I put the 235's on.......I needed all the weight capacity I could get.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 07:08 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
You know, if we ever meet up, I guess I'll be the only one there with 15"s on my trailer. Gee, kind of special I guess. I know I'll feel that way, but I'll think of you all while I change my brakes out, that oughta even things out for awhile.

I'm going down to Texas in a few weeks to a Texas Boomer event and tried to decide which trailer to take and my DW said, well, since you are a moderator on the toyhauler forum shouldn't we take the Warrior, maybe even the Jeep, even though we don't need it.

What an idea!!!!!Darn, now I gotta load it up!

You know, when we go somewhere and load/unload something I figure it makes people think about toyhaulers, I know out HERE it draws a crowd everytime. They just can't believe you can do that with that trailer.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:56 AM   #24

The only crowd I draw at home when I load/unload are the neighborhood kids wanting to use the ramp with their skateboards.....