Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2005, 06:02 PM   #29

Now that's funnny! I don't care who you are- that's funny right thar!!!

OK...sorry to booger up your thread!!!
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2005, 06:05 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">sorry to booger up your thread!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go ahead, booger on....................
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 06:16 PM   #31

Oh Tom...you're too much...

How in the heck can I beat that.....! You got me speechless...
Old 06-24-2005, 06:18 PM   #32

Alpine Owners Club
Back to tires. Everyone repeat after me.

"If I buy tires with a higher load range than my current tires, I cannot and will not decrease the tire pressure! I need the same air pressure to carry the weight!"

Good choice on the BFG's
Old 06-24-2005, 06:21 PM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"If I buy tires with a higher load range than my current tires, I cannot and will not decrease the tire pressure! I need the same air pressure to carry the weight!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eh, Is that the same as now or with the new, higher air pressures. In other words, stay at 65 with E's or not.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:22 PM   #34

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"If I buy tires with a higher load range than my current tires, I cannot and will not decrease the tire pressure! I need the same air pressure to carry the weight!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK T&P:

"If I buy tires with a higher load range than my current tires, I cannot and will not decrease the tire pressure! I need the same air pressure to carry the weight!"

got it!

Tom- this is a lesson you need to learn...now it's your turn...besides...who would wanna run your tires low on PSI? Bad...bad...

Thanks T&P!
Old 06-24-2005, 06:34 PM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Glad you got it, I'm still waiting to get it.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:47 PM   #36

Alpine Owners Club
VR,

You have 215/85R16 load range "D" and your sticker on your door says 65? "D" or "E" you should stay at 65 as a rule of thumb.

"D" or "E" at 65 psi both will carry the same weight. "E" can ultimately carry more because you can pump it up to 80 psi. "E" can hold 80 psi, that is the ONLY reason it carries more weight.

Don't worry, tire guys in the business don't always understand this till I show them charts.

Go to this link, the second bold line from the top reads LIght Truck Load/Inflation Tables. Clicl on the middle PDF.

http://www.trucktires.com/us_eng/technical/index.asp
Old 06-24-2005, 06:53 PM   #37

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Tom
it is great to see you here!
I am reading this thread a lot because I now know that I have to cross over to the dually zone eventually.
I have resisted it for years, but the weights of 5'rs seem to be headed in one specific direction these days.
And that makes dually knowledge important.

Well i do have what perhaps will be one question in my mind that will show my inexperience with the duals,
if you do want to run BFG's that are a bit wider then stock, can you put some kind of thinspacer between the two hubs? Just wide enough to sport a wider tire, but not too wide to put that much additional stress on the axle?
Whats the line of thinking here?

Mike
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 06:55 PM   #38

Alpine Owners Club
Subject change!!

Sean, did you get your new trailer?

Did you win the lottery?

I've been reading the link about Moab. I'm going to have to get me a dirt bike...with electric start, that way when I kill it on a hill I can just push the starter button with the bike in gear... or maybe four wheels, I am getting older.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:56 PM   #39
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
You're a good man Charley Brown, EH, I mean Tom. No matter what Sean say's about you.

Hey guy, thanks for the info and the link. Appreciate all the good stuff.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:56 PM   #40

Just get rims that will support wider tires. I don't like the spacer thing.

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 07:01 PM   #41
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Here again, slow fingers.

Mike, There are some that put some spacers between the wheels so they can put the bigger tires on but I figure what the heck. They work just fine and bigger costs more so, I stay with stock.

Tom, When you get older, you get a Jeep so it don't hurt as much. I gave up my 2 wheel stuff when it started riding me more than I was riding it. Figured I needed something more relaxed. Get something and plan on Moab for next spring!
Old 06-24-2005, 07:04 PM   #42

Alpine Owners Club
FD,

I will have to talk with one of my expert tire dealers. I haven't heard of anyone using spacers lately. I see no reason why it wouldn't work as long as the studs were long enough. Being in the wholesale business I'll ask a commercial dealer and get back on this.