Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Alright Tom...enough bits and pieces...time to ante up to the bar and tell us what last week was [I
Tom's mad because the Vette can't swim or fish 2 40.00%
Tom's better half was 'really' there 1 20.00%
Tom's still there and not telling us 0 0%
Tom's icemaker already needs warranty work from too much use 1 20.00%
Tom's still tryin' to catch that 'big' one (give your def of 'big one') 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2005, 07:21 PM   #1

Alright Tom...enough bits and pieces...time to ante up to the bar and tell us what last week was really all about. I just got a cold one, and it's time for you to tell us all the juicy details of a whole week at the lake- I get the feelin' you're holdin' back on us.

Everyone! Just what's your take on just how Tom's week went:
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2005, 07:21 PM   #2

Old 05-24-2005, 07:53 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Man, I gotta go with the big one! Fact is the ice maker almost wore itself out keeping up. Can I skip this part
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 05:37 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Well Sean, I didn't think you would want all the dry details. I mean really, all we did was run the women off Sunday afternoon and spent five great days doing what men do best, up at dawn, fish until 9ish, come in, clean fish, and fix some chow, nap until noon, have one or two or..., go back out fishing around 4 and come back in about dark, have several and clean fish at the same time, dinner, THE END!
Old 05-25-2005, 06:20 AM   #5

Hummmmm....sooooooooo.....it was kinda like this?:

Day 1: get up, fish, drink, eat, pass out, get up, fish, drink, eat, pass out

Day 2: get up, fish, drink, eat, pass out, get up, fish, drink, eat, pass out

Day 3: get up, fish, drink, eat, pass out, get up, fish, drink, eat, pass out

Day 4: get up, fish, drink, eat, pass out, get up, fish, drink, eat, pass out

Day 5: get up, fish, drink, eat, pass out, get up, fish, drink, eat, pass out

Sounds just like a few trips I'VE had. But I thought maybe you may have broke up the monotony by throwing in a Jeep trip or sumpthin'- or trip to town to get a late-night massage, etc. Even some pics would've staved off our hunger for the details!

Oh well...I tried! (Glad you had fun, though!).
Old 05-26-2005, 08:52 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Well you asked!

I have to admit we did have to make a trip back to town on thursday......too many fish for the freezers and too little drink left. Brought all the fish in and filled up the home freezers, made a stop, and were back in time for afternoon fishing.

I see you have day 1 through day 5 down pretty good. Now when the women arrived Friday night the party really started.....and no details.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:57 AM   #7

That would be just like one of our trips, except I think I've only seen the quantity of fish you're describing at a Fish Market!

BTW...what kind of fish?

And I'll let 'cha keep Friday night to yourself!

And still no Sun-Thu pics? I'm gonna quit asking if you don't cough some up! [No...really!]

Sean
Old 05-26-2005, 09:05 AM   #8

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...I didn't think you would want all the dry details. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm not the world's biggest fisherman,
i suppose the fact that i don't like eating fish might be a root cause, but...

.... at any rate, the last time i went fishing there were 4 of us and we went out on a client's boat along with all of our icechests. We were going to go out 1 or 2 hundred miles off the coast of Ensenada in search of Yellowfin, which from what i have been led to believe is a big fish that you eat. I took more care in my icechest then i did with my pole.

First of all, i was so very happy to be taking 2 days off of work, that when we took off from the landing a 2a.m. in this guys cabin cruiser, i was positive that i was in for at least 8 hours of sitting on the deck with the wind in my hair without a care in the world, so i drank a handful of beers and told jokes while the other three guys did stuff like put mackeral in the live-bait tank. As soon as we take off, my client, the captain of our tug, grabs me and tells me he is going to give me a 20 minute lesson on driving with sonar/radar, and that i then had the first 2 hour solo shift of driving, and that there are a bunch of hazaradous islands right off the coast, so DO NOT hit any, and it was pitch dark, and good luck. i'm waxed, can't see 30 feet in front of the boat, was having a little trouble in the very beginning remembering which was sonar and which was the radar, and they all immediatly hit the sack for a little shut eye, waking up once in a while to yell at me to 'speed it up, hit the throttle all the way!!'.
i did alright, or at least didn't beach the tug.

When 'captain' woke up a couple hours later and joined me at the wheel, he told me that he has the rare and dubious distinction with the SanDiego Coast Guard, as being the guy that has been towed in the most in their history!!?! These are things that non-fishermen like myself sometimes want to hear before we decide on whether or not we are going. The Coast Guard had told him they were going to start charging him for their time. But 'captain' showed them his fishing travel logs and it is just that he FISHES more then anyone else in their history (on small cabin cruisers). 'Stuff' happens he told them. They had a new found respect for him then. They like adament fishermen.

Well that trip, no 'stuff' happened, I caught the most number of fish, i can feel that boat smashing through the swells still, drank everything on that boat except for one small medicinal bottle that i didn't discover until just a half hour before we docked a couple days later.

We cleaned our fishes in the parking lot of the landing, i went home and immediatly gave all the fish to my neighbor and went to sleep for 12 hours.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 09:53 AM   #9

Now Tom:

Take note....now THAT'S a fishing/boating story if I ever read one! Didn't even need any pictures! (Come to think of it, it's probably the first I've ever read!).

Mike: I bet you have a million of 'em....can hardly wait to hear more! And you didn't even hit anything! Wow...what a story!

Have you been deepsea fishing since?
Old 05-26-2005, 04:20 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
SEE, Mikes story was better.

Fish was made up mostly of sand bass with several black bass and some catfish thrown in for good measure. Only camera I had with is a 35mm and still has pics left on the roll. When I get the copies I'll scan in a couple for you. got a great shot of a 12lb and a 5lb catfish hanging along side of a tub filled with fish waiting to be cleaned.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:27 PM   #11

Tom,
i have a feeling you are a real fisherman. And i think of all the words in the english language, "real fisherman" would be the hardest to nail down. i mean these guys all have a 2 day stubble going, wear vests with lots of funny little pockets, can tie many different intricate knots under the duress of dark and freezing cold but wear waders with no shoelaces, wake up at 4am every day, and drink beer like today is the last day of a 4 day weekend. And they do all that with dead serious intent.

Me, i'm in it just for some fun. An impurist.

And to all those guys fishing the Animas River in Colorado that time who were starting to get a little vented because a couple of us were getting a little noisy as we were flyfishing and falling in laughing, hey..., we weren't really going to pack any fish back with us to SanDiego on our motorcycles were we?? I didn't even put a fly on the end of my line some of that day. just there for a little fun
Old 05-26-2005, 06:47 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
No, think we'd better leave that name for the real good guys and girls. I don't really go for the fish, they're just a bonus, just go for the good time. But thanks for the thought anyway.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:55 PM   #13

well maybe we'll find out someday

I was talking to Sean today and we agreed that we are going to have to try to get a roust going sometime and either get you out here or some of us back there for a couple days.
(we don't have to fish, and now that i've told you i sometimes don't even put a hook on the darn thing sometimes, well theres a couple bush league stock car tracks around here maybe we'll just go toss a couple back and check out the smell of burning tires)
Old 05-26-2005, 07:59 PM   #14

Tom: You gotta admit...NO ONE can post like Mikey can! Again- I just had to laugh by buttt off!!

Now Mike- why wouldn't you pack some dry ice in the 'ol backpack and take some souveniers (Gawd...that was a tough one...get it?) home? What in the world were you gonna put up on the wall- a talking worn-out inner tube? Geeezz...they got fish that talk now.

See Tom...I told you...once we got goin' you'd perk up...the fine details are now startin' to come to us....good job! And I think Mike would agree...fish are just the bonus...but if you got a jealous wife, she'll wonder ( gotta keep 'em on the edge of the chair).

Sean