RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-09-2019, 02:24 PM   #1

Toy Hauler "3-season doors"

My Fusion came with most of the options, however it did not come with the 3-season doors. It only has the simple roll up screen when the ramp is down.

I have done some searching and it does not look like you can buy a door kit. Does anyone know of any good mods for adding a "back" door to this unit?

I don't need something super secure, but I would like something that would block the wind and bugs. Something I can close at night without having to fold up the deck.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2019, 03:10 PM   #2

Not knowing how much room you have inside along the walls that is clear, I'd look into bi-fold doors........if it were mine, I'd make them...

Old 04-09-2019, 03:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Not knowing how much room you have inside along the walls that is clear, I'd look into bi-fold doors........if it were mine, I'd make them...
There is no practical way to make them swing inward.

I do plan on making something, it just helps if there is an example of something that has already been done.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:38 PM   #4

Hi,
If you really want to purchase the 3 season doors you can find them at this website:

https://www.trekwood.com

You fill in the year, type of rv, select the category, and select the sub category.
You can find any replacement part for your unit on this site.

Dennis and Jackie
2015 Ram 3500 6.7L CTD Dually
2016 Fuzion 420 Chrome
dieselhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 06:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwcid View Post
My Fusion came with most of the options, however it did not come with the 3-season doors. It only has the simple roll up screen when the ramp is down.

I have done some searching and it does not look like you can buy a door kit. Does anyone know of any good mods for adding a "back" door to this unit?

I don't need something super secure, but I would like something that would block the wind and bugs. Something I can close at night without having to fold up the deck.
You could go to a local dealer for toy haulers and look at what is installed in the units. Look at several different units to make sure they have the same style or one you like. Then while you are there see if it is available to order. Since it would cost more from the dealer, go home and see if you can find it and maybe save some dollars.

Our Road Warrior came with a 3 season door installed, but it has screens and a plastic removable cover to cover the screens. Good and secured, nope just take a knife and cut the screen.

When I go out this afternoon to work on it I will look and see the manufacturer of the screen for you.
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 05:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselhunter View Post
Hi,
If you really want to purchase the 3 season doors you can find them at this website:

https://www.trekwood.com

You fill in the year, type of rv, select the category, and select the sub category.
You can find any replacement part for your unit on this site.

Dennis and Jackie
2015 Ram 3500 6.7L CTD Dually
2016 Fuzion 420 Chrome
Wow, I found them. They are proud of those. Looks like I will be making a DIY system.
Old 04-10-2019, 05:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamm2018 View Post
You could go to a local dealer for toy haulers and look at what is installed in the units. Look at several different units to make sure they have the same style or one you like. Then while you are there see if it is available to order. Since it would cost more from the dealer, go home and see if you can find it and maybe save some dollars.

Our Road Warrior came with a 3 season door installed, but it has screens and a plastic removable cover to cover the screens. Good and secured, nope just take a knife and cut the screen.

When I go out this afternoon to work on it I will look and see the manufacturer of the screen for you.
I will have to take a look at a few.

I know they are screen and plastic. Mostly looking for something to stop the wind and critters from getting in. Do you close up your patio every night?

I am just looking for something that actually "closes" at night, and not just a spring loaded roll up screen. Also the roll up screen seems cumbersome if you are moving in and out much.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwcid View Post
Wow, I found them. They are proud of those. Looks like I will be making a DIY system.
Is there some kind of RV wrecking yard that would have pieces like that?
Old 04-11-2019, 06:03 AM   #9

We don't close the rear ramp at night. In fact we don't close our side patio at night either. If we are in an area were it is not so good, we will close the rear door when we leave the campground area. Plus if it is predicting rain we will close up as well.
If you want to check a "bone yard" type of place contact: http://bontragers.com
It is sort of a salvage place. A couple of years ago I bought 4 new tires and wheels, white spoke, for $400 for our old Laredo. They are located in White Pigeon Mi. across the state line from Shipshewana, Ind. The picture from Trekwood is the doors we have on the rear patio of the Road Warrior
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190410_093518 (1).jpg
Views:	43
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	241547  
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 12:09 PM   #10

Thank you for all of the replies.

I was parked right next to another RV this weekend from the same manufacture and it had the back doors on it.

I am not sure exactly what I am going to do yet, but when I am ready, I have an idea what I need to do.

We did use the screen at one point and with a breeze the screen pops out of the side tracks allowing bugs/stuff to blow in.
Old 04-20-2019, 02:43 AM   #11

Have a carpenter install a glass paneled French doors to swing out. On the inside of opening ,install a hanging magnetic screen.
Install privacy curtains because your now going to leave your ramp in deck position all the time.
Its now your new living room after toys are removed.

U-me is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, doors