Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2011, 11:11 AM   #1

toy hauler cargo tie downs?

Hey guys, my next trip is planned for my new toy hauler. I race 125cc Superkarts. I will either be going to Heartland park Raceway in Kansas, or Firebird raceway in Arizona, prefer Kansas, as long as it is not raining. My toy hauler has many d rings in the floor of the garage. easy to strap the kart down to the d rings with ratchet straps. What would be the best way to strap down all my gear? I need to strap down two tool chests, air compressor, fuel jugs, large bag that contains, driving suit, shoes, helmet, etc. Should i build some sort of "grid" out of 2 by 6 lumber, in the grid have a spot for each item, then bolt the grid to the d rings in the floor?
aspeyrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2011, 12:13 PM   #2
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Howdy, when I load all my extra stuff, I try and use rubber made boxs or something like that just to keep things from sliding everywhere then I run a strap or even a rope through the handles and everything stays put. I have a regular closet for all the riding gear snd tons of storage above the cabinets for light stuff. I think the less stuff on the floor the less I have to mov before unloading cause its always in the way.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:19 PM   #3

i have some heavy tool boxes that i don't want moving around and possibly damaging the walls, even though the garage area has the diamond plate on the inside walls.
i am not sure how secure i need to strap everything. when we bought this trailer, we loaded some rubber made boxes and a few suitcases ( of stuff for the trailer), towed it 600 miles, and everything stayed put, even the pillows on the bed!, so i am not sure how much the cargo moves during towing?, but want to be on the safe side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kablewizard View Post
Howdy, when I load all my extra stuff, I try and use rubber made boxs or something like that just to keep things from sliding everywhere then I run a strap or even a rope through the handles and everything stays put. I have a regular closet for all the riding gear snd tons of storage above the cabinets for light stuff. I think the less stuff on the floor the less I have to mov before unloading cause its always in the way.
aspeyrer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heartland