Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-12-2006, 05:55 PM   #1

OK guys be gentle, I am posting this for a friend. I am an old Class A Motorhome guy,

Friend has a couple of boys, and he want the whole family to take all 4 of their 4 wheelers out for fun.

Any suggestions for make, model of Toy Hauler that might meet his requirements?

Any things to stay away from?

This was my first time stopping in this section of iRV2, looks like you guys have TOOOO much fun !!!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2006, 05:55 PM   #2

OK guys be gentle, I am posting this for a friend. I am an old Class A Motorhome guy,

Friend has a couple of boys, and he want the whole family to take all 4 of their 4 wheelers out for fun.

Any suggestions for make, model of Toy Hauler that might meet his requirements?

Any things to stay away from?

This was my first time stopping in this section of iRV2, looks like you guys have TOOOO much fun !!!!

Old 07-12-2006, 07:22 PM   #3

most garage models (where the toy space is seperate from the living) wont fit 4 full sized quads on all 4s. I'd say most will fit 4 standing up on end, but I'd advise against that. I think I could fit 4 in mine... and I like it (Coachmen Adrenaline). As for make, shop around, look at everyone you can. Take your tape messure, and dont believe the weights listed... ask if you can take it to the CAT scales when you decide on one.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:59 AM   #4

What type of 4 ATVs? I can fit 4 Yamaha Raptors in my 22 trailer, would need a lot more room if they were utility type quads.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:11 PM   #5

what OCDUNE said.
We have 16' of clear space in our TH and I've had 3 quads side by side (facing left or right) with 2 dirt bikes and a mini bike, so I dont see 4 being a problem.
good luck

acjjkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:42 PM   #6

It depends on the size of his quads. There Is a member of the Rv.net that has a Raptor 3612ds, and has a special rack that can be put In the back of the 12' garage, and he can haul 4 pretty good size quads on the bottom of It, and two good size quads on the top level of It. With this rack he can drive the bottom four right In side by side, and he mounted a small winch on the front of the top, so that he can pull the top one up the ramps and Into the haul position. Looks like It works great. You did say though that he just needed to haul 4, with one of these racks he could haul 2 on top and 2 on bottom and still have plenty of room for other stuff. I'll try to see what kind of rack It Is If you want.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:06 AM   #7

I had a similar issue when I was looking I needed to get 3 average sized quads in. The Keystone Hobbi 260 will fit 4. I have the 220 and it fits 3 plus a dirt bike ( at least thats what Keystone says) The only issue is my Outlander 800 with the mud flares on it barley fits into the back opening so if the TH does not have a full with ramp make sure its wide enough for your quads.