Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-06-2005, 09:35 AM   #15

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
and here i thought we were joking about putting a heater on top of the ice while ice-fishing, but i didn't realize that we could be talking ice that is 30 inches thick! 30" thick! That is probably stronger then the slabs of houses here in Laguana Hills. (ooops)

Bubba's initial 'hunting' thread last week and then this thread caused me to wonder about the different mind-sets of RV/sportmen around U.S. and Canada and Mexico. Here in the West, i would say that sandduning is definitly the key use of these trailers. But when Bubba says that ATV sales probably equals if not exceeds quad sales in his locale, and i am reasonably certain that you don't have too many sanddunes in Alaska or Canada ( ), I know that guys are buyin these ATVs for a reason. I know they are a farm tool, but i suspect we have a large hunting/fishing crowd that is just ripe for a full decked out toyhauler. And all us guys here in the west have taught WW and the other major manufacturers how to build these things over the last 15 years of trial and error, of no comforts to high comforts, so the hunters and fishers and sprint-car racers can help reap the rewards.

Now do we want to start our own ice-fishing club out here in the So-West desert? Thats what i'm thinking. I mean that DOES look fun.
We have the perfect temperature for ice fishing, i mean its like 120 degrees out there today. Just need someone here to give us some lessons

FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2005, 10:57 AM   #16

FatDog:

You've actually got me "speechless"- just don't know how to respond to that!

Hummm...I guess it would be kinda hilarious to have a ice-fishin' club here in the Southwest- who says only crazy canooks and Northern'rs can only have 'em, ey?

I agree with Tom...THs are just a hybrid between a TT and a cargo trailer- they're just so plush anymore that they're hard to beat. Just think of it this way: the ramp is just one humongous window!

Sean

Old 06-06-2005, 11:24 AM   #17

I see the birth of the:

"So Cal Ice Fishers"

All we need is a fishing pole, a post hole digger, and a 25 lb block of ice to sit on!!!

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 11:36 AM   #18

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I see the birth of the:

"So Cal Ice Fishers"

All we need is a fishing pole, a post hole digger, and a 25 lb block of ice to sit on!!!

Clark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that is the toyhaulers spirit, and from one of the very originals.
i think we need to find out how much ice Tom's icemaker can pump out. Wasn't he just bragging about how well it works a week or two ago?
Old 06-06-2005, 12:49 PM   #19

I guess as long as you have lots of ice in the drinks ..ya can have an icefishing club lol, who says the ice has to be on the water? and as long as you talk about fishing over the drinks you dont even need to get wet or cold or even go outside.

Phil
Old 06-06-2005, 01:11 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
This really struck me as funny:

I can just see you all sitting on a block of ice on a sand dune holding a fishing pole over a hole you've dug in the sand. Just put a plastic fish on the end of the line and lift it out of the hole every now and then.

As a return to the original thought, toyhaulers are used for atv riding in the mountains, for all sorts of racing endeavors, and hauling motorcycles around from off road bikes to the big Harley's.

The wife likes the room just for camping so she can take her scrapbook stuff and sit in the back out of the way and do her thing.

Many people use them to haul stuff to flea markets, carry business products, you name it.

I believe the only limitation of uses for a hauler is the lack of imagination by the owner.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 01:53 PM   #21

Tom,
You are absoulutly right. When I think of how I used my Th'ers over the years, I believe I used them more for carrying other things then my toys. We moved people, loaded one up with wood for a deck in my back yard. My original WW was the soccer team command post when we went to weekend tournaments, and the same with my sons little league travel team. My wife had a small business where she sold things at swap meets and flea markets. That is how we got the stuff there and back.

Not to mention all the regular camping trips and our around the U.S. adventure where we loaded up the back of the WW with everything but the kitchen sink.

In all ways toyhaulers ARE THE MOST versatal trailers sold today, and are fast becoming one of the most popular trailers on the market.

When I drive my local freeway (Hwy 14) to or from work on a holiday weekend (when I can't play), the TH'ers out-number the regular live-ins 8 to 1. It wasn't to long back that the th'ers were the 1.

Some-how I'm going to do that picture Tom!!!

Clark

Old 06-06-2005, 02:03 PM   #22

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilnJune:
I guess as long as you have lots of ice in the drinks ..ya can have an icefishing club lol, who says the ice has to be on the water? and as long as you talk about fishing over the drinks you dont even need to get wet or cold or even go outside.

Phil </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey everyone! Phil just gave us our rationale for the SCIFC! He's right- who says the ice has to be ON water- it can be IN water, and say, VO!

Thanks Phil- we'll have to "drink to that"!

And Mike...maybe you can change the Golden State Boomers banners for a picture of what you suggested- that would be hilarious. You know...there are also those companies who will, from any picture, make a mural for your coach- what an idea, huh?

Who's gonna bring the camera?!
Old 06-06-2005, 02:23 PM   #23

if we are now the 'So Cal Ice Men' ( thank you Clark),
technically speaking, how long exactly do we have to sit on that block of ice?
Old 06-06-2005, 03:02 PM   #24

[QUOTE]
And Mike...maybe you can change the Golden State Boomers banners for a picture of what you suggested- that would be hilarious. QUOTE]

You know, I just noticed I screwed up...it was TOM who suggested the picture in the desert (sorry Tom!)

Mike: I guess we'll hafta let some experts answer YOUR question!

Boy, I'll tell you they also come in pretty handy when you've gotta move...I only had to make 2 trips with our 37 footer...plenty of room and easier on the crap than a moving van.

Sean
Old 06-06-2005, 03:14 PM   #25

I just have one question, how does a thread about how people in the Southwest use their toy haulers get turned into a thread about ice fishing in So Cal???????

twinbubba

WW FS2300
twinbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 03:25 PM   #26

a thread about "ToyHaulers used for hunting and fishing"
and i know that the icefishermen have an inherent need for shelter. Seems like a natural tie-in.
We are all outdoorsmen at heart here, I'm still interested in who prefers rod and reel or shooting a rifle, to shooting the curl of a sanddune.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:38 PM   #27

Mike,

How long do we have to sit on the ice? Didn't Emily Lou Harris have a song years ago-"Gonna turn your brown eyes blue"

Twinbubba, it just shows you the imagination of the guys and gals here on how a thread about hunting & fishing gets turned into ice fishing in So Cal.

Still thinking about that picture!!!

Clark

Old 06-06-2005, 03:45 PM   #28

Yes Clark, i believe you may have something there with that Emily. Its just that I was more worried about my backside turning blue then any part on my noggin.

Still thinking about that pic of Toms:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I can just see you all sitting on a block of ice on a sand dune holding a fishing pole over a hole you've dug in the sand. Just put a plastic fish on the end of the line and lift it out of the hole every now and then.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"...Don't it turn your backside bluuuuueeeee..."
Did i pass the audition?