Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-28-2014, 07:14 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by penni View Post
Anyone out there know of a NICE toy hauler that has king bed, lots of storage, a full shower (not a corner baby one) and some manufacturer has actually thought to let us be comfortable in the living room by putting recliners FACING the tv?? Desperate wanting a toy hauler but don't want to give up years of back and neck treatment to twist my head watching movies and tv. HELP!!
We would also entertain a beautiful 5th wheel without the toy hauler option IF there was a 3 or 4 foot storage across the back for people like us who want to walk up to the storage and just load the grill, mats, tables, etc.
See our photos We switched out our dinette for recliners I got off the internet. Paid 150. each sold dinette for the amount I paid for the recliners. Small enough to move around. I have photos if you'd like to see the difference.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2014, 07:25 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtsara View Post
Unless you are fulltime why is tv so important? We just camped for four nights and never turned the tv on.

In Florida you can have sudden thunderstorms with horrible lightening. I've gained a great respect for lightening since we moved to Fl. I don't go outside when it's lightening. Not even if it looks like rain. I know 2 people that were injured and not by a direct hit while getting into their car. I'll stay inside and watch tv
Cathy

Old 08-28-2014, 11:57 PM   #31

Penni...you do have other choices. Have you looked at the Evergreen Tesla yet? I was ready to buy the Voltage 3895 or the Cyclone 4100 or 4200 but kept finding they were both having many problems with the quality. The Cyclone is the most popular right now and as with any manufacturer to meet demand they are sacrificing quality. So be sure you have a good dealer! Besides the manufacturing QC issues, I learned they both have design quality problems too. I have a $35k HD Ultra Limited to haul and as an example the Voltage garage tie downs are terrible. They have been tearing out of many units and are only mounted to the plywood floor. So do your homework on how each unit is constructed...you will learn a lot!

The Evergreen Tesla has their tie downs mounted to the frame and rated for 6000 lbs. The die hard Voltage (rated for 2500 lbs.) owner I talked to spent $800 repairing his unit (he installed heavier tie downs and mounted them through the floor to the frame. I asked him why should anyone spend $80-$90k for something built so poorly and he didn't have an answer. So don't just settle for something "close" to what you want. I stumbled on the Evergreen Tesla...researched and then went and looked at one. In my opinion the Evergreen Tesla quality is far superior to the Voltage, Cyclone, Raptor, Momentum, and XLR. They are all nice units...if you don't keep having problems with one thing or another. But why buy something if you know before hand is having problems? The Evergreen Tesla 3950 comes with a dishwasher and they will install the larger residential fridge w/icemaker and larger freezer if you desire. The others won't do this. They are coming out with the 3914 next month...their 4th model. Also they include a "Denver Mattress" pillow top mattress, also standard along with convection microwave oven. Look at EVERYTHING...

Also if you want to spend a little more..DRV has just announced their redesigned their "Full House" toy hauler...top of the line...if its in your budget. The Tesla has the quality...but not as many models since they too are fairly new to the market (last 8 months)..and its in the same price range as the XLR...Cyclone...Voltage...and others.
What ever you decide on buy...have your dealer agree to letting you live in it for a couple of days on their premises so you can go through every system and fix any issues BEFORE you drive it off. That way they will take care of any issue promptly. After you leave it can take much longer. Good luck
Old 12-11-2014, 05:00 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprdave1958 View Post
Good for you...Just FYI...DRV also makes a toy hauler. Not like the rest, but will do the job, and you can't beat the DRV quality for sure
that DRV toyhauler is really nice looking. Anyone have one yet?
Old 12-13-2014, 12:18 AM   #33

Excel Owners Club
Originally Posted by penni View Post
Anyone out there know of a NICE toy hauler that has king bed, lots of storage, a full shower (not a corner baby one) and some manufacturer has actually thought to let us be comfortable in the living room by putting recliners FACING the tv?? Desperate wanting a toy hauler but don't want to give up years of back and neck treatment to twist my head watching movies and tv. HELP!!
We would also entertain a beautiful 5th wheel without the toy hauler option IF there was a 3 or 4 foot storage across the back for people like us who want to walk up to the storage and just load the grill, mats, tables, etc.

2015 DRV Fullhouse Toyhaulers. They must have been listening.
RickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 10:30 AM   #34

2015 DRV Fullhouse Toyhaulers. They must have been listening. [/QUOTE]

Went to local dealer to look at one yesterday, they didnt have one, but we did go over the pricing. went from 140K to 190K pretty fast. I am now back to looking at other options.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:50 PM   #35

Excel Owners Club
That isn't much of a surprise! The three high end units I have been looking at are all 200 to 250K equipped the way we would want them. Our current unit would go for about 185-195K probably the way we have it equipped right now. I had the same concern as the OP with having to turn your head to watch TV so we have swivel recliners with an adjustable TV mount so we can face the TV straight on by moving the TV and recliners. It's also nice that you can watch the news from the kitchen while preparing meals.

Even with the seating position facing the TV permanently I would add the adjustable TV mount so you could adjust the TV towards the kitchen.
RickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 06:45 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbarnesb View Post
Check out the Grand Design Momentum 380. We just bought one and we had the same need to sit in front of the TV

DRV new model copies the layout on one of their units to that of the 380th momentum
Old 12-20-2014, 05:20 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttinchief View Post
DRV new model copies the layout on one of their units to that of the 380th momentum

thanks for the post, like the layout and the pricing.
Old 12-20-2014, 02:50 PM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
If I could afford one I might look at one of the www.forksrv.com/continental
93 Monaco Dynasty 300HP (for now)
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 01:51 PM   #39

Here's a TH to consider that may satisfy the TV requirement:

weekend warrior 5th wheel toyhaulers floor plans design quaility
Old 02-15-2015, 10:43 AM   #40

Weekend Warrior toyhaulers have been out for a couple of years. [MOD EDIT] The Weekend Warrior is a nice unit, and they will build almost anything you want...which is nice. The floorplan they offer is basically like many others already on the market.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:20 PM   #41

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yes, seems many don't have forward facing chairs. As we don't have kids, took out the booth seating unit at the rear of living room, removed the couch, fabricated a table that is close to window for the view(can be turned 90 deg. and then seat 5. Purchased 2 recliner swivel rockers that were placed where the booth had been. Just have to push one against the wall when retracting the slide. Sure made tv watching better and no sore neck. lol If you can remodel your house, RV is not a problem. lol
Old 02-22-2015, 10:40 PM   #42

Penni, don:t know if you have purchased your toy hauler. if not ck out the grand design momentum 380