Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2014, 12:58 PM   #1

Cool Toy hauler needed w/recliners facing the TV in living room!!

Anyone out there know of a NICE toy hauler that has king bed, lots of storage, a full shower (not a corner baby one) and some manufacturer has actually thought to let us be comfortable in the living room by putting recliners FACING the tv?? Desperate wanting a toy hauler but don't want to give up years of back and neck treatment to twist my head watching movies and tv. HELP!!
We would also entertain a beautiful 5th wheel without the toy hauler option IF there was a 3 or 4 foot storage across the back for people like us who want to walk up to the storage and just load the grill, mats, tables, etc.
penni is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2014, 03:11 PM   #2

I know what your saying. What your looking for doesn't exist IMHO. We bought a high end Cyclone last spring after looking at numerous floor plans. As it turns out we absolutely hated everything about it except for the garage. We had it less than a full season and traded it for a high end Jayco Pinnacle last fall for an even trade almost. I also hated the seating and storage was none existent. They really need to do some focus groups about how to build a toy hauler. I guess I'm back to towing double trailers. Good news is I have a new dually and feel much better with the doubles now.
go4dsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 05:40 PM   #3

Howdy!

The closest thing we found in some of the things you've mentioned is our Cyclone 4000 Elite. Not perfect but we adapting.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon
chiefneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:22 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies

hanks for the replies. The Cyclone 4000 looks really nice, we have seen three others with the same exact layout by Raptor, XLR and one other. Crazy. We thought about buying the Raptor 412TS and putting two recliners facing the tv instead of the L-shaped couch but still deciding. And double towing isn't allowed in FL but I would love to buy a beautiful 5th wheel that fits our needs with storage and living quarters then pull a trailer for storage. WIsh that could work ):
Old 06-07-2014, 12:13 AM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
we have 2 on that list in our 07 all american sport 385rlts, we ripped of the couch and installed recliners that face the TV, ripped out the dinette and installed a desk,
2007 Forest River fifth wheel toy hauler 385 RLTS, 1999 Freightliner FL-60 with Western Hauler bed, new 3126B CAT motor, new Allison MD3060 transmission, air ride rear suspension, air ride cab, air ride seats
JEEPOHOLIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:33 AM   #6

You'll have to buy used but a KZ Escalade Sportster 41CKS would fit your needs.
2021 RAM 6.7 HO, Aisin Trans, 4:10 differential
2013 DRV Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 replaced by 2021 DRV
psaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 04:43 PM   #7

I know that was our problem when we were looking, to find one that had all of our wants. But you have to just figure out what's most important to you. We went with the XLR 395. Had to have a 14ft garage most important. Then next on our list was seating for at least 4 that could watch tv mostly straight on. Then you just have to take the rest as you can get it.
the.wilsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:37 PM   #8

Unless you are fulltime why is tv so important? We just camped for four nights and never turned the tv on.
Kurtsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #9

Thanks for the replies

Thanks Kutsara but not everyone has the same needs and wants. We just did a two week run in our RV and the first 4 days at Stone Mountain were raining and in the 40s so YES we wanted the TV. AND we have both been in neck and back treatment for over 25 years so sitting for hours watching tv or a movie with our heads or bodies twisted is not an option. The first trip we ever took in our 5th wheel was in April and we had hurrican force winds the first night we got there and it rained for two days. So YES we need TV.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:30 PM   #10

You need to be comfortable in using all the features of a very expensive RV. If they don't start making the toy haulers more user friendly they will never increase market share
go4dsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:36 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
We have a KZ 41 Sportster. We removed the standard chair and hideabed and put in residential reclining love seat and chair. Replaced the 27 CRT with a 32 Sony. We opted for a queen size bed instead of king because we did not need that big of a bed. We ended up with an extra storage spot.

We really like the layout and the quality of the build is not too bad.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:23 AM   #12

Mid Atlantic Campers
With your needs being what they are check out:

http://www.forksrv.com/continental/showroom2.php

You have needs,they have solutions. What ever you want for a price of course.
soundman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:23 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by penni View Post
Anyone out there know of a NICE toy hauler that has king bed, lots of storage, a full shower (not a corner baby one) and some manufacturer has actually thought to let us be comfortable in the living room by putting recliners FACING the tv?? Desperate wanting a toy hauler but don't want to give up years of back and neck treatment to twist my head watching movies and tv. HELP!!
We would also entertain a beautiful 5th wheel without the toy hauler option IF there was a 3 or 4 foot storage across the back for people like us who want to walk up to the storage and just load the grill, mats, tables, etc.
In our travels I have seen a couple toyhaulers with a 6' garage. The door was on the side. Would be perfect for the grill, lawn chairs, etc. I'm sorry I cannot remember the brand names of the ones we saw but they are out there.

Our trailer has a 10' garage. It will haul two gold wings. Plus I built in a set of shelves for "stuff". Had it plumbed for a washer/dryer. I was going to install the W/D but we ended up buying a coach. Picking up the coach in about a month.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:59 PM   #14

I saw a few toy haulers that had the TV directly across from the couch/recliners, but only a very few. They also lacked other features that made it a deal breaker for me, so I didn't look all that close and can't remember brands or models (sorry). The one I ended up with has the TV at a slight angle from the recliners, but not enough to bother me. If it really bothered me, I'd get a swivel recliner instead of the theater seating it came with.

If I was going to do this all over again, I'd get a HDT tow vehicle. The toys would go on the HDT and get a good non-toy hauler 5th wheel. I looked at many non-toy hauler 5th wheels and liked many of them except for the fact I couldn't take my toys along. I hadn't heard of using an HDT at the time. It was only after I purchased my toy hauler that I saw the HDTs and was amazed at the low (comparably) price of them. I could have gotten a used HDT with toy hauling capability for less than a new 1 ton dually pickup. That combination would have opened much more possibilities than I thought were even possible. You may wish to research that combination. I sure wish I had .

I still plan on getting an HDT when I upgrade my tow vehicle next year.
V-Man is offline   Reply With Quote