Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-14-2006, 11:25 AM   #1

Hello All, I need some help. We bought a 2007 Fleetwood Nitrous. We are paying about 29,000 for it. on line it says its the 26 foot. but that includes the tounge. There is 23' of living space. This price does not include a generator. It does have almost every other option like dual electric queen sized bunks. Do you think I paid too much?? I think I can re-neg. it has not been delivered yet. Thanks for all your help!

Dawn Turner

Minnesota
Turners is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2006, 11:25 AM   #2

Hello All, I need some help. We bought a 2007 Fleetwood Nitrous. We are paying about 29,000 for it. on line it says its the 26 foot. but that includes the tounge. There is 23' of living space. This price does not include a generator. It does have almost every other option like dual electric queen sized bunks. Do you think I paid too much?? I think I can re-neg. it has not been delivered yet. Thanks for all your help!

Dawn Turner

Minnesota
Old 06-14-2006, 01:26 PM   #3

Dawn,
Do you know what MSRP is for the unit? Seems to me people are paying 20-25% off of MSRP on new toy haulers these days....

Bob B

Weekend Warrior FS2600
Quadhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:11 PM   #4

It was something like 38,000... so I suppose that would be about right... thanks. I just didnt want to get taken to the cleaners too bad.

Minnesota
Old 06-14-2006, 08:04 PM   #5

Dawn:

As much as I'm gonna get creamed for this comment, and as well I agree with everyone's assessment of the discount off MSRP, if the bottom line price fits your fancy, then go for it. My best friend owns a Honda shop, and in selling GoldWings (which are about $18k-20k now), he gets beat up from other dealer's prices by $100...if you're the type to start flinging fists, go for it, but if you think it's a fair deal for the value, go for it also!

It's a good thing that forums like this help people make decisions for something they don't know about, but I'm always a little concerned over making sure everyone's comparing "apples to apples". Too many times I've seen the convo go awry because someone hasn't factored in the genny, or the siding. If you want to detail what options (and standards) that your new purchase has, we'd be more than happy to deal with it.

Good luck!!

Sean
Old 06-16-2006, 07:42 AM   #6

It's never a done deal until you drive off the lot.

Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 10:04 PM   #7
AXE

I have been targeting 20-25% off MSRP on the OTD (tax, title, license) price. Basically, for somthing listed at $40k, I want to be around $30k OTD. What do you think?

Out!
Old 07-20-2006, 03:55 AM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AXE:
I have been targeting 20-25% off MSRP on the OTD (tax, title, license) price. Basically, for somthing listed at $40k, I want to be around $30k OTD. What do you think?

Out! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think you will have difficulty getting 25% off AND OTD thrown in. Taxes alone are around $2400 more plus DMV.
The whole 20-25% off list is a good rule of thumb, but it is not as easy to obtain as you may have found out. Getting any serious discount on your first visit may be difficult. It takes time and persistance to obtain that level of discount. The stealers get tons of lookers and they are not gonna throw big discounts to them all, they need to know you are serious.
Rather than focusing on what discount others say they have received (myself included), concentrate on what you want, what you can afford and go from there.

Sean is right (no cream for you there Seannie Boy!) Buy what suits you and what you can afford.

4 tips I have for you:

1)Look at EVERYTHING!!!!!!
2)Look at everything AGAIN
3)Reasearch, research research prices. This way you will know what list is. A discount off an inflated list price is a cow pie in your face
4) Take your time, don't be in a rush and you will be a happyier owner. I looked for over 2 years before I bought mine.

Good luck and by all means HAVE FUN!

S~

2BlueHeelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 06:50 AM   #9

Boy 2BH:

Sure have to get up early in the morning to get one up on you! Hey...great 4 tips...I especially like the last one- it's always the one that gets me in trouble. Fortunately, we took our time on a TH!

Take Care!

Sean
Old 07-20-2006, 07:45 AM   #10
AXE

I have been looking for about 1 year and I am going to purchase before fall. I thought I might get a better deal on a new 06 as the 07s are coming in.

I have one deal that was about 22% off MSRP OTD, but it wasn't quite the rig I wanted even though it was a good product. I figure anything over 20% for me is a bonus.

Out!
Old 07-24-2006, 08:31 PM   #11

AXE:

Better hurry up...the '08's are gettin' ready to head out to the dealers...if you can find a delaer that's got an '06, you're in like Flynn...just make sure you get the whole enchilada warranty with it.

Good luck!
Old 07-25-2006, 07:09 AM   #12

And when you do get one, make sure you do a thorough PDI (Pre deliver Inpsection). Get any items fixed before you drive it off of the lot. Many owners have found out that once they drive it off of the lot the dealer isn't near as helpful.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:08 PM   #13
AXE

Rampage has a two year warranty on their new 06s, but the 07s only have a 1 year warranty.

To me, it doesn't matter as much what the model year is. I know Weekend Warrior has 08s coming in, but it appears that most others are still getting rid of 06s and getting in 07s.

So far, nobody really wants to sell those 06s that bad or I would have bought one already. Otherwise, I will just pay more for the latest greatest.

Out!
Old 07-31-2006, 08:48 PM   #14

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AXE:
Rampage has a two year warranty on their new 06s, but the 07s only have a 1 year warranty. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Axe: Hummm....if that's true (and I have no reason to believe it isn't), then there's something up with Rampage. Common Thought is that if you believe in your products, you don't back off what seems to be an industry standard. The only thing I can think of is that they've got a new set of bean-counters and that's NEVER good, unless they replace the production and engineering people along with 'em. Look at it...none of the Big Three have reduced their warranties- they've extended them (in many a certain case).

I think some further review of Rampage's warranty is in order here.....hummmmmm.