Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-18-2015, 08:13 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
I believe the same with wanting more room under the awning. That's why we only wanted 2 slides driver side. Also, re-reading your comment said 9 days boondocking. So, rest of the time spent in campgrounds? Are you fulltiming? How many in family? Any pets to deal with?

We traveled the country and having patios are most times restricting due to space on campsites. We have not seen many patio type rigs in use anywhere we travel. However, every time I get set up, someone walks by and asks if mine has a patio. The marketing and sales promoting these options is flooding peoples minds. Just identify how you want to use the rig and then qualify and quantify a decision to buy.

Our Newmar X-Aire has some custom interior appointments so the garage area is usable for living.

If interested you can see some pics on this forum in the classified area. Just search Newmar X-Aire.

I believe this forum is a great resource for information. Always ask for support. Good Luck

Camper_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2015, 11:50 AM   #16

Its just the wife and I and our two dogs. Yes the one dry camping stint. The rest of the time will be in campgrounds for a long weekend here and there, for now.

Airmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:49 AM   #17

Another option is a bumper pull TT toy hauler. I have a 27' Salem and have room to carry a 6 seat shuttle golf cart. Sofa and dinette fold down and an overhead queen size bed comes down for more bedding. My bed is in the front and queen size too. Since the garage is the back end and part of the living area, it has the same wall paper as the rest of the trailer. Not separate garage like 5th wheel trailers.
NFlcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 10:01 AM   #18

Thank you for the input, but I've been looking at 5vers and 5ver TH's for towing, setup and floorplan reasons. Its a personal choice. When spending this kind of money I'm gonna find what makes me happy, AND what's going to last. Again thank you for your input.
Old 06-21-2015, 04:52 PM   #19

Toy hauler vs 5ver?

If you decide on a toy hauler definitely get the three season rear patio door. We have the rear patio but not the three season door, not sure it was even an option in 2011. We're out on the road now and have seen lots of rear patios out and all that have the door leave them out the entire time which is really nice. We went and visited several Momentum toy haulers as Grand Designs was having a rally and now it's got me wanting a new one. I'd have to look at all of them but Grand Designs is at the top of my list right now. Every single owner we talked to was thrilled with them.
C130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 05:09 PM   #20

Its at the top of my list as well.