Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-22-2015, 11:12 AM   #1

Toy Hauler with Mor Ryde IS?

Anyone used the Mor Ryde independent suspension on a Toy Hauler? Seems to be the cat's meow on most 5th wheels. I've put a request in to a few to find out about ordering a unit with IS/Disks on it from the factory (Not holding my breath, but who knows? lol).

Has anyone put this system on a toy hauler yet?

Namlehse is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2015, 07:35 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
I would have ordered it if it was available from the factory without question.

Old 06-17-2015, 08:54 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
So, we have a Newmar X-Aire with the older Mor/Ryde rubberized torsion triple axle suspension with electric over hydraulic Disc brakes with shocks at each wheel. This set up has proved to be excellent and best balanced rig to tow. We are full time and pulling a 44 foot toy hauler could be challenging, but this rig is a joy and ease to maneuver.

Unfortunately Newmar no longer manufactures 5th wheels, so if you want one they are hard to find.

On a side note, we are considering a change to a motorhome (Newmar DutchStar or Mountain Aire) if you are interested.
Camper_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:30 AM   #4

We looked at an X-AIRE 40CKSH, my biggest issue was the garage size. We really need a 12', leaning towards a 14'.

I also looked at a NH Majestic, that's where I discovered the IS system. With the Majestic, we'd be rated to double tow, which would cover the the garage issue, however that's one heavy beast..
Namlehse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 07:47 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I think you will be better served to get the bigger garage to house your toy's. Having said that, we were just at a RV Rally that a guy with a NH had brake parks fall off as he parked his rig. Not saying this can't happen, but for the money you pay it should just not happen.

Ok, If you want a 14 ft garage, check ours out in the classified section on this forum. Contact me to discuss. I would be happy to share our experience and findings as we travel the country. Just search Newmar X-Aire. Good Luck
Old 06-18-2015, 07:47 PM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_boy View Post
I think you will be better served to get the bigger garage to house your toy's. Having said that, we were just at a RV Rally that a guy with a NH had brake parks fall off as he parked his rig. Not saying this can't happen, but for the money you pay it should just not happen.

Ok, If you want a 14 ft garage, check ours out in the classified section on this forum. Contact me to discuss. I would be happy to share our experience and findings as we travel the country. Just search Newmar X-Aire. Good Luck

Enough with trying to sell your trailer in every post you respond to. Really, it's getting old.
Old 06-19-2015, 09:41 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
So, if we just succumb to the sub standard quality of new toy haulers without educating the potential buyers of prior more useful and heavy duty products then they will be better served?

I constantly talk to owners of all brands and they say they want a Newmar but they are more pricey. Well, then buy a used one I say.

Not trying to sell anything on this forum post...Just letting people know their options instead of paying $70+ grand to find out they will be at the dealer fixing the quality issues that can and will crop up.

The out on a used model is you still can buy a warranty if that gives you more confidence and still be thousands less than new. Having said that we still need people to buy new so used rigs hit the streets.

If you want to discuss off the forum I would be glad to...Just letting people know mine is available. Their are not many out there to buy as most keep them. We are just modifying our travel plans, and I am going to buy another Newmar to replace the toy hauler.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:28 AM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_boy View Post
The out on a used model is you still can buy a warranty if that gives you more confidence and still be thousands less than new. Having said that we still need people to buy new so used rigs hit the streets.
I like your toy hauler, I don't know how it's priced, but it's always better to buy depreciated. I would have considered it if it was closer..

Walk into any RV dealer and they'll start to talk about quality. Generally (in my experience) what they're actually talking about is options and trim level. Generally speaking, the actual build and construction quality within a manufacturer is the same. That is, buying a Keystone Carbon or Keystone Raptor, they use the same frame and same components. You can spend 50% more on options - and maybe those options are important, but the build quality appears to be the same to me.

You'll need to change brands to get actual quality changes.

I'd love to see a toy hauler that is built on a solid foundation - good framing, attention to assembly detail, provided with appropriate axles, brakes, wheels, and tires from the factory... But by the time you find that, you're also on the mid to upper end of the cost spectrum and you're paying for fireplaces too... There probably isn't any market for a solid foundation toy hauler that costs as much as a Raptor, but doesn't have the same feature list... (no offense to Raptor owners).

And realistically, the typical quality bar can work out just fine.

Last, aftermarket warranties typically do no cover manufacture design defects. They're not going to cover an overloaded axle, poor braking performance, or the fact that the factory didn't fully sheet the roof. They'll cover a broken microwave, waterpump, that stuff.. but really don't address quality at a manufacturing level.
Old 06-19-2015, 03:00 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Yes, that is correct CB...warranties probably won't cover manufacturers defects...but premium manufacturers do address...from my experience.

Buying used can remedy some of the initial house and chassis issues that present themselves when new.

So anyway, we all need those that buy new to keep business rolling, its just not in my DNA. Even if I can afford it...But I do know what I want and how to identify a good product when I see it. You seem to get the drill as well.