Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-21-2013, 02:39 PM   #1

Toy hauler with storage space, not just the garage.

I am currently searching for a new bumper pull toy hauler. I have been in numerous models. Currently the fuzion 300 is ranking high on my list due to the amount of storage it has. I also like the fact the bed has access from both sides. I was wondering if anyone knows of other toyhaulers that are similar to this layout? I am looking at new ones.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2013, 11:52 PM   #2

i ended up with the fuzion 300.. we also considered the rubicon.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:05 AM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What ever you select, be sure it has aluminum frame work and styrene insulation. The 1st generation Weekend Warriors were wood frame with pink glass insulation. Dry rotted ramps were common due to moisture.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:56 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by halligan View Post
i ended up with the fuzion 300.. we also considered the rubicon.
How do you like your fuzion? I've been looking at the elevation tt3210 and the raptor and fun finder too
Old 09-25-2013, 01:27 AM   #5

Well, I love it! I came from a 06 aljo that I do miss terribly. However, it wasn't a toy hauler.

Cupboards: there are a lot! And big ones. The downside is there are no shelves or system to keep things separate. I ended up buying a bunch of plastic containers that for on the deep shelves so that I could manage our stuff easily.

Garage: very excited about the queen bunks for our kids in a SEPARATE ROOM. There are 4 cupboards up top that fit helmets. Awesome.. It might be a stretch but I'd love a washer/dryer in there. That would be a huge stretch since we do 97% dry camping.

Bedroom: walk around bed was my number one for my wish list. Again large cupboards needed some sort or shelving system or other to organize all our stuff.

I find our black tank fills up relatively fast.. Not sure why. Otherwise a great trailer.. My biggest first world probs with it is that the shower is beyond tiny ( I'm not huge but I'm also not a 6 year old), I also wish the living room was cozier. In the aljo we seemed to have more room for the 4 of us to hang out in on a rainy day after quadding.

Not sure what the standard options are on new ones, but I think I'd also do double pane windows. Hope this helps and good luck in your new trailer search!!
Old 09-25-2013, 08:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by halligan View Post
Well, I love it! I came from a 06 aljo that I do miss terribly. However, it wasn't a toy hauler. Cupboards: there are a lot! And big ones. The downside is there are no shelves or system to keep things separate. I ended up buying a bunch of plastic containers that for on the deep shelves so that I could manage our stuff easily. Garage: very excited about the queen bunks for our kids in a SEPARATE ROOM. There are 4 cupboards up top that fit helmets. Awesome.. It might be a stretch but I'd love a washer/dryer in there. That would be a huge stretch since we do 97% dry camping. Bedroom: walk around bed was my number one for my wish list. Again large cupboards needed some sort or shelving system or other to organize all our stuff. I find our black tank fills up relatively fast.. Not sure why. Otherwise a great trailer.. My biggest first world probs with it is that the shower is beyond tiny ( I'm not huge but I'm also not a 6 year old), I also wish the living room was cozier. In the aljo we seemed to have more room for the 4 of us to hang out in on a rainy day after quadding. Not sure what the standard options are on new ones, but I think I'd also do double pane windows. Hope this helps and good luck in your new trailer search!!
That does help a lot, thank you! We are going to put two Harley's in there. We also have quads but we won't take them all, lol. I have been deciding between the fuzion or the elevation tt3210. No one seems to have one of these on the lot though.they are both very similar in layout. Just not sure on either one quality!
Old 09-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #7

We went with the fusion 331 plenty room for 2 motorcycles (11' garage), my only complaint I have with it is that they don't come with a trail-air pin-box standard. and there was a slight quality issue with the Plywood under the mattress. the corners needed to be rounded and the edges need to be routed to make them smooth.