Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2019, 06:50 PM   #1

Toy to take along in your TH...

So I'm planning to head to Arizona this November and stay there for the winter. I'm still sorting out many other things, and one of them is the "toy" to bring.

I have a 2018 Yamaha Grizz ATV and a 2013 48V golf cart. I want to have personal transportation while out in the desert or at campgrounds for running errands, getting groceries, a little local sightseeing, hauling wood etc etc.

I'm leaning towards to ATV because it's a bullet proof Yamaha. But I cant have my dog ride with me like he does the GC, and I'm pretty sure quads aren't allowed in camp grounds.

Looking for pros and cons on both...
raggdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2019, 03:44 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Which part of Arizona are you planning to stay in? Around Sedona and the Coconino national forest (as well as many other areas) there are hundreds of miles of off road trails. I would take the Quad. A lot of areas do not allow golf carts on the roads.

Currently between coaches.
Dsallach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:41 AM   #3

Side by sides seem to be the weapon of choice for the desert in Arizona. The quad would be the closest thing. Bring both if you can.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:40 PM   #4

Can you make a dog seat to attach to the rack on the quad? Maybe plywood with carpet? If not, I would take the golf cart
Raider47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 07:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider47 View Post
Can you make a dog seat to attach to the rack on the quad? Maybe plywood with carpet? If not, I would take the golf cart
He's a big male shepherd, so not sure that would work. But I was thinking of bringing a 2 wheel cart along with me, like this utility cart...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2056.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	620.4 KB
ID:	238807  
Old 03-21-2019, 09:12 PM   #6

I think towing the cart with your quad would negate the advantages over a golf cart. Not sure the dog would be happy back there either.

+1 golf cart.
Raider47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 04:39 PM   #7

hmmmm, leaning towards the ATV as this point...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2210.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	376.3 KB
ID:	239171   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2223.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	418.0 KB
ID:	239172  

Old 03-23-2019, 06:05 PM   #8

Howdy!

I would lean towards the ATV. Many folks use them as secondary vehicles in AZ, but you will have to have it insured and licensed before you can operate it on the roadway.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon
chiefneon is offline   Reply With Quote