Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2005, 07:59 AM   #1

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
I am wondering what anyone has done to the rear flooring of their haulers - the flooring that is underneath the rear removeable carpet. The kitchen area typically has that vinyl flooring typical in homes (well typical in homes that have that flooring i guess),
and the rear garage area is that strong plywood type flooring.
I now notice that WW offers a $800 option for vinyl treating the rear area. I didn't get that (obviously) but now i'm thinking of Line-X or Rhino maybe, or going to HomeDepot and getting some kind of paint on flooring treatment. To be honest, i don't really know if it is even necessary since my last two haulers didn't have any special floor treatment underneath the removeable carpet, but then I think i will on this one.
ideas?

Mike
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2005, 07:59 AM   #2

I am wondering what anyone has done to the rear flooring of their haulers - the flooring that is underneath the rear removeable carpet. The kitchen area typically has that vinyl flooring typical in homes (well typical in homes that have that flooring i guess),
and the rear garage area is that strong plywood type flooring.
I now notice that WW offers a $800 option for vinyl treating the rear area. I didn't get that (obviously) but now i'm thinking of Line-X or Rhino maybe, or going to HomeDepot and getting some kind of paint on flooring treatment. To be honest, i don't really know if it is even necessary since my last two haulers didn't have any special floor treatment underneath the removeable carpet, but then I think i will on this one.
ideas?

Mike
Old 02-10-2005, 07:00 PM   #3

...paint it with a polyurethane enamel and forget it.....oil/gasoline won't seep into it and it's cheap!....geof kaye
Old 04-22-2005, 03:54 AM   #4

My friend line-x ed the back of his carson, and added some drains through the floor. now, instead of sweeping, he hoses out his toy hauler!!

2003 Chevy Silverado 2500hd
learnem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 03:56 AM   #5

Hey fatdog, is that pic in your avatar taken at dumont?

2003 Chevy Silverado 2500hd
learnem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 06:59 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">but then I think i will on this one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I got the "Rubber Flooring" option on my 06 WW. IT RULES! My bike dumped over on the way to the dunes and dumped about 1.5 gallons of gas on the floor! I wiped it up, sprayed it down with simple green and was done! I was amazed and extremely happy! It was an expensive option, but already paid for itself IMHO!

TacoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 08:08 AM   #7

Hey, WELCOME to what looks like a couple new guys - learnem and TacoBoy !!

learnem that avatar was taken at my most top secret of all my local top secret spot and that is Ocotillo right off of I8 and S2. I sometimes drive just past the fire station near the Lazy Lizard and just stop and hang for a couple days. It is just desolate but not optimum riding in the sand, but darn close to home and all freeway time to get there. We used to go there years ago and cruise to the Lizard in the evening. Nobody has ever come up to the trailer and asked what I was doing, my campsite appears to be 2 square miles to myself, and there are just times i want to put my easy chair in the sun and turn on the tunes, drive my 400 to the Lazy when the need arises.

and TacoBoy, i see we have another 'shee rider now. Of course the 400EX and the 'shees always are batteling. I've held my own pretty well, although the last time I was at comp at Pismo i definitly remember scraping sand out of both eyes for a day and getting to the top just behind one. all good
Old 04-25-2005, 06:08 AM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and TacoBoy, i see we have another 'shee rider now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually you will have to race my wife if you want to play with the banshee &lt;G&gt; Be careful though, she is fast! I am the bike boy, but I think I might buy another 'shee just to do it. After all isn't two better than one

TacoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote