Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-24-2005, 02:29 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
I forgot to tell you all that I got a portable ice maker for the WW and tried it out last week. That thing is better than sliced bread. Plug it in, add water, 12 cubes in 12 minutes and 12 more every 12 minutes after that, even WWFan and I both couldn't run it out if we tried. I'm thinking it might be doable with an inverter too as it only uses 200 watts, meant to try it on the inverter last week but didn't. Ice on demand! Didn't have to buy any all week and left the freezer to put fish in. Just kept a gallon of filtered water close by.

How's that for an add-on.

Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2005, 02:29 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
I forgot to tell you all that I got a portable ice maker for the WW and tried it out last week. That thing is better than sliced bread. Plug it in, add water, 12 cubes in 12 minutes and 12 more every 12 minutes after that, even WWFan and I both couldn't run it out if we tried. I'm thinking it might be doable with an inverter too as it only uses 200 watts, meant to try it on the inverter last week but didn't. Ice on demand! Didn't have to buy any all week and left the freezer to put fish in. Just kept a gallon of filtered water close by.

How's that for an add-on.

Old 05-24-2005, 02:54 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Tom, i think thats one step above an 'add on'
Its a Good idea!.
I've heard of them before, but always chalked them up to too much electricity, or too much water, or takes too much time ...
but it sounds like its a simple easy process ...
and who couldn't use a little ice out there?

what brand did you get? got pics?
Mike
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 03:16 PM   #4

Man Tom:

I can't believe it...I was just purusing an earlier thread from last year about this....Sooze wrote "My hubby and I saw an icemaker on a TH a few years back..."How cool," my hubby says, "...turns a gallon of gas into a pound of ice!" Laughed my buttt off!

Now...we've got two refrig icemakers at home and we run out- and TOM- YOU'RE not even here yet! So you must have one heck of an icemaker dude!! And only one gallon of filtered water? That's all? Are you tellin' those fish stories again???!!!

Hey..and we're all just sitting here with baited breath waitin' to hear more about last week...a whole week (more than a whole week, huh!), and all you tell us about is the icemaker you got? There's GOT to be lot more buddy! Glad to see ya back!

Sean
Old 05-24-2005, 03:33 PM   #5

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and all you tell us about is the icemaker you got? There's GOT to be lot more buddy! Glad to see ya back! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
ahhh, good catch Sean
you're thinking he's trying "the best defense is a good offense" trick? So what DID happen while fishing last week that the only thing we'll hear is about your new ice maker? your Wife caught more then all of you guys put together, and she was only there for Ladies Night Out on the weekend?

but seriously, i want to know more about that icemaker?
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 06:55 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Nope, no women. Us guys just did the deal. We caught close to 400 fish, drank almost as much &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;(ask WWFan), used that ice maker to extreme, and survived to tell about it. Just can't beat a toyhauler for playing, even if we don't take anything with us. If I can find a camera I'll take a picture of the ice maker setting there between the two couches if that will make your day. Besides, women are a pain, they want you to do things and bitc.h when you don't, Can't live with them and can't live without them!
Old 05-24-2005, 07:21 PM   #7

Now Tom...that would be:

"Can't live with 'em, and...
can't live with 'em"!

OK...was that a beer per fish, or a drink per fish- it really matters for the story! Geezz...seems like we're really havin' to yank the story outta 'ya!

Icemaker seems to be the trick...if it'll keep the women away, I'll get one tonight!
Old 05-24-2005, 07:41 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Better go get one! It works! I think fish per drink is a bit much, however, fish per drink afer is close to right, maybe 5 fish per drink is closer. Bottom line, fish, drink, fish, drink, fish, drink, you get the idea. What would we do without a break! Catch the fish, full steam ahead. Help Sean, I'm dying here!
Old 05-24-2005, 08:03 PM   #9

Got one!!

Way to go...catch a buzz and drown some worms! Noe rest for the wicked... you did the right way (unless you had to take the pic with the biggest, then all bets are off!).

You turkey...sounds like we just gotta do it together some time....a little Fatdog, Clark, Howie, King. You're the sohrt man out, though...you gotta come out this way to make it happen (hey...how 'bout a deep sea fishin' trip?!).

No really...glad to have 'ya back!

Sean