RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-19-2019, 07:08 PM   #71
Senior Member
 
Clomok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by learntorv View Post
First, if you haven't used it- the Weigh My Truck app is awesome. No more stretching to hit the call button. And no more running inside to get a weigh slip.

These weighings were of my 2017 Spartan 1245 pulled by a 2012 Ram 3500 dually (crew cab, long bed, 4x4, Laramie):
its interesing the wight differnt in trucks, my 12 Ram CC DRW Laramie empty

Steer; 5000
Drive; 3800

1/2 tank of fuel, empty 100 gal aluminum diesel tank.

anyways reweighed the my 07 Ragen yesterday coming home from the shop on a ODOT

Truck is a 12 Ram CC DRW 4x4
Trialer is a 07 Rage'n 36-05 BH, when scaled, all tanks empty, 1/2 tank of gas, 4 GC2's in front storage(4' to the rear of stock location) minimal personal affects

Steer 5000
Drive 3800
Empty 8800

Loaded
Steer 5000
Drive 8100
3 axle grp 10800
Total 23900

trailer weight 15100
trailer pin 4300
pin % 28%


brochure says pin weight of 2490 and a UVAW of 7950...No wonder they got sued for misrepresenting weights...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7356.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	233.5 KB
ID:	238652  
__________________

__________________
2012 RAM 3500 dually
06 ragen 3506 BH
Clomok is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2019, 08:07 PM   #72
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clomok View Post
its interesing the wight differnt in trucks, my 12 Ram CC DRW Laramie empty

Steer; 5000
Drive; 3800
I should have better described it. Truck was far from empty. Me, wife, 2 kids, travel day activities, water, snacks, and whatnot in the truck. Truck bed is full on all sides around the hitch.

The attached pic is the new truck with heavier hitch AND the attached picture is missing the grill, propane fire pit, and few blocks of wood that go at the back of the truck bed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4A06FE0D-8A48-47BB-9C7E-D867CFEE34B3.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	359.7 KB
ID:	238663  
__________________

__________________
Fulltime RVing family of 4 - 2017 Spartan 1245 Toy Hauler pulled by a 2018 Ram 3500 dually
learntorv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 03:59 PM   #73
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 347
Cyclone 3611 JS

16,115 with empty tanks and partial camping gear, no toy on a 17,000lb GVWR.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4424.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	242.2 KB
ID:	240587

Overweight with a tank of water. RZR 900 in the back and the trailer axle weight jumps to 14,820lbs on twin 7k axles...
drittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 08:40 AM   #74
Dfb
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 127
Thanks
Dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 02:06 AM   #75
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Angola,NY
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by drittal View Post
Cyclone 3611 JS

16,115 with empty tanks and partial camping gear, no toy on a 17,000lb GVWR.

Attachment 240587

Overweight with a tank of water. RZR 900 in the back and the trailer axle weight jumps to 14,820lbs on twin 7k axles...
Hi, do you know what your pin weight is and what is your tow vehicle? Just shopping around and was liking the cyclone 4113
fishnick2401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 05:33 PM   #76
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: TX
Posts: 18
Current weights.


Truck
FA 4800
RA 4240
GW 9040
65 Gal diesel


Total
FA 4820
RA 7700
RV 12660
GW 25180
35 gal diesel in TV

bike in garage, ~25gal gas, 25 gal water


When you subtract 250 lbs for diesel the pin weight is 3710 and 16320 actual with a GVWR of 15500 on the RV. 2 7k axles so none of the axles, truck or rv is over. If the water tank were full (add 75 gal.640 lbs) the rv would be ~1500 overweight but not over on any axles, rv or truck.
__________________
Clif & Millie
2015 Chevrolet CC LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually
2015 Heartland Cyclone HD 3418 w/2005 HD Dyna in the garage
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 09:02 PM   #77
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 2
Interesting and Helpful

[QUOTE=txtinman;4685217]Truck is a 2018 F350 DRW. Fiver is a 2018 Heartland RW426 toy hauler. At the time of weighing the truck had 48 gallons of diesel, a tool box of about 150 lbs and a Andersen hitch. The TH had a motorcycle of approximately 600 lbs, no fresh water, 20 gal of gas for the generator. My height was 1 inch higher at the rear a/c.[/QUOTE


Thanks for this post! It is probably the most detailed and informative I've seen so far.

I'm curious if anyone has compared weights of their Toy Haulers with toys in garage compared to without, everything else being equal and preferably loaded for travel. My initial (pre purchase) calculations lead me to believe that putting 2000 pounds of toys (two full size HD's) in the garage will actually decease the pin weight. Everything in front of the trailer axles will increase the pin weight. Based on a typical 40 5er TH, I'm figuring that the 2000 pounds in the garage could potentially take between 500 and 1000 pounds off the pin.

If I wasn't trying to fit a new Tow Vehicle in my garage, I'd just get a 3500 DRW. The 2019's and 2020's are very impressive. I know a lot of advice points away from SRW's, but if the real world weights don't exceed the real world capacities, I'm inclined to accept the downsides. I'm seriously considering a 2020 GMC 3500 SRW that might have about 4000 pounds payload capacity.

I appreciate any real world comparisons.
Scott-McC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 09:04 PM   #78
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 347
[QUOTE=Scott-McC;4950977]
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtinman View Post
Truck is a 2018 F350 DRW. Fiver is a 2018 Heartland RW426 toy hauler. At the time of weighing the truck had 48 gallons of diesel, a tool box of about 150 lbs and a Andersen hitch. The TH had a motorcycle of approximately 600 lbs, no fresh water, 20 gal of gas for the generator. My height was 1 inch higher at the rear a/c.[/QUOTE


Thanks for this post! It is probably the most detailed and informative I've seen so far.

I'm curious if anyone has compared weights of their Toy Haulers with toys in garage compared to without, everything else being equal and preferably loaded for travel. My initial (pre purchase) calculations lead me to believe that putting 2000 pounds of toys (two full size HD's) in the garage will actually decease the pin weight. Everything in front of the trailer axles will increase the pin weight. Based on a typical 40 5er TH, I'm figuring that the 2000 pounds in the garage could potentially take between 500 and 1000 pounds off the pin.

If I wasn't trying to fit a new Tow Vehicle in my garage, I'd just get a 3500 DRW. The 2019's and 2020's are very impressive. I know a lot of advice points away from SRW's, but if the real world weights don't exceed the real world capacities, I'm inclined to accept the downsides. I'm seriously considering a 2020 GMC 3500 SRW that might have about 4000 pounds payload capacity.

I appreciate any real world comparisons.


1300lbs rzr 900 in cyclone 3611 takes 900lbs of the tongue and adds 2200 to the axles.
drittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 07:45 AM   #79
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 2
More than I expected

[QUOTE=drittal;4950981]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott-McC View Post



1300lbs rzr 900 in cyclone 3611 takes 900lbs of the tongue and adds 2200 to the axles.
Thanks for the response and information. That is more dramatic than I expected, but confirms the theory.
Scott-McC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 04:32 AM   #80
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: TX
Posts: 18
I would want to see the scale tickets for that. How does adding 1300 lbs increase it 2200???
__________________
Clif & Millie
2015 Chevrolet CC LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually
2015 Heartland Cyclone HD 3418 w/2005 HD Dyna in the garage
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 08:22 AM   #81
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 347
Toyhauler Weights

Quote:
Originally Posted by avvidclif View Post
I would want to see the scale tickets for that. How does adding 1300 lbs increase it 2200???


Adding 1300lbs in the garage puts that 1300 on the axles. Being that the garage is behind the axles that 1300lbs leverages 900lbs off the pin and on to the axles, increasing the weight on the axles a total of 2200lbs while the pin gets lighter by 900.

Empty: 16,155 Pin: 3785 Axles: 12379

RZR only: 17,505 Pin: 2685 Axles: 14820
__________________

drittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
kz-rv



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Truck weights gary85 Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion 7 01-22-2008 06:12 PM
Tow Weights Cayman Dave Toads and Motorhome Related Towing 6 10-11-2007 11:40 PM
PIN WEIGHTS tiger63 Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion 9 05-03-2006 04:01 AM
Stuff weights usona Travel Trailer Discussion 10 03-30-2006 08:50 AM
RV Corner Weights Oemtech MH-General Discussions & Problems 8 01-04-2006 01:59 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.