Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2007, 07:19 PM   #1

We the truck is getting a major facelift on the interior as we speak. I have gutted the entire inside of the truck and will e redoing all the cabinets and upholstery, seats, steering wheel etc. Should be a fun project only problem is I will be working the next 10 out of 12 days in California so I am gonna be choppin at the bits to get back at it. Also hope I don't forget where all the bolts go.
Here are a few photo's of what the inside of a 770 looks like. If anyone wants any detailed photo's of any areas please let me know and I will try to get them for you. Also I finished my bed on the back of the truck. I was real pressed for time and was not able to paint all the underside of all the boards so I am hoping it lasts. If not I will redo it and paint everything before installing. I just didn't have the time to paint, wait, install. I figured less than $200 total in lumber so not that much to build. It was dark out so lighting is bad on the photo's but you get the idea..

2006 Rampage 370 Toyhauler
lacofdfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2007, 07:19 PM   #2

We the truck is getting a major facelift on the interior as we speak. I have gutted the entire inside of the truck and will e redoing all the cabinets and upholstery, seats, steering wheel etc. Should be a fun project only problem is I will be working the next 10 out of 12 days in California so I am gonna be choppin at the bits to get back at it. Also hope I don't forget where all the bolts go.
Here are a few photo's of what the inside of a 770 looks like. If anyone wants any detailed photo's of any areas please let me know and I will try to get them for you. Also I finished my bed on the back of the truck. I was real pressed for time and was not able to paint all the underside of all the boards so I am hoping it lasts. If not I will redo it and paint everything before installing. I just didn't have the time to paint, wait, install. I figured less than $200 total in lumber so not that much to build. It was dark out so lighting is bad on the photo's but you get the idea..

Old 03-14-2007, 07:43 PM   #3

Holy Moly Dave! Talk about a major redo! Wow...so it was THAT hard to get all the smoke smell outta it, ey? (And you haven't even taken out the ashtray yet, huh- see photo #3)

Glad to see you're having some fun with it...sure wish we were close enough to be able to help you work on it. BTW...the bed looks schweet!!

Hope things are going well for ya...we'll talk soon.

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:56 PM   #4

Sean,
Funny you should mention that about the ash tray. It looks like one but it is actually a magnetic dish that is holding nuts and bolts.

Old 03-14-2007, 08:02 PM   #5

Wow, that's starting from scratch. The bed looks great. Is that a Trailair hitch?

I guess once you go HD you can never go back eh?

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:37 PM   #6

It's actually a Trailersaver hitch. Great air ride hitch. Ya it's hard to go back once you have owned one.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:08 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
I have to agree with Sean there Dave, thats quite a project, and I hate interior work. Much rather be underneath than inside and underneath, if ya know what I mean. Be looking good when ya get her done though.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:54 PM   #8

Actually, Senoir Tomas, I used to like the outside work, but these new fandangled vehicles require a bit 'o sophistication that my feeble brain lost years ago. Not to mention the fact that getting rid of used oil is a PITA now, let alone get any of it anywhere else other than in the can. My last project of putting the airbags on the truck will only be superceeded by a job of putting new shocks on it.

And Dave: by the looks of your upgrade, I'm gonna say you're gonna need a bigger ashtray that THAT one!! Hey...lookin' forward to seeing the new rig! BTW...how'd the engine issue come out? What was it?
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:23 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Not to mention the fact that getting rid of used oil is a PITA now, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gosh, you need to live here, I just go out back and put it in the pile where I burn the brush I collect, that way I end up burning it all.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:26 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Should I mention how I empty and rinse the holding tanks when I'm at home?
Old 03-15-2007, 07:58 PM   #11

I would say you are doing a LITTLE work! Wow!!!
DuneMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:32 AM   #12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vette Racer:
Should I mention how I empty and rinse the holding tanks when I'm at home? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

must be nice not having C&C's & HOA's...

acjjkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 07:30 AM   #13

So what's the color scheme and upholstery gonna look like?

Nice project. That's a lot of work but I'm sure it will be well worth it when you hit the road again.

Keep posting pics as progress is made!

Crew Cab, Banks Power
MADDOG` is offline   Reply With Quote