Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-12-2005, 05:08 PM   #1

Hey guys, the first step into my trailer is a bit high. Any advise on home made, or should I just get the triple step? Found one for 95.00 at rvwholesalers.com TIA BB

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2005, 05:08 PM   #2

Hey guys, the first step into my trailer is a bit high. Any advise on home made, or should I just get the triple step? Found one for 95.00 at rvwholesalers.com TIA BB

Old 08-12-2005, 05:12 PM   #3

BB
Not bad since mine was $200+ installed. I would say run with it.

Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 05:13 PM   #4

BB:

I don't know anything about any homemade tricks, but that $95 sounds really too good to beat...are your axles flipped? If you need some help to install, give me a call...I got a welder and we can git er done (in case you don't have anyone else closer to ya).

Sean
Old 08-12-2005, 05:44 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Boy, that is cheap. Make sure they are good quality, you don't want to have to change them every year. And, I have to admit, a bunch cheaper than my homemade step that threw me and cost me 3 fractured fingers that won't ever work right again.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 06:16 PM   #6

Thanks guy's I'll check on the quality before I buy. Tried using one of those plastic milk crates and that's definately not safe. I was woundering if anyone had seen a step that could just be hooked on to the double step? Anything like that out there?
Old 08-12-2005, 06:42 PM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If you need some help to install, give me a call...I got a welder and we can git er done (in case you don't have anyone else closer to ya). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're talking about Buford here! Have you seen this guy in action?

I seen him fix a cracked-up quad with nothin but a cheater bar, silicone, and a butane lighter...with a Cap'n & Coke in hand the entire time!

05 NEXT LEVEL 38CKS http://bestsmileys.com/happy/3.gif
PhatFireMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 07:02 PM   #8

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
i'm 6'3" so the last time i flipped axles on a 5'r i didn't put on triple steps. Shorter Cordie did not dig that idea, and everyone else complained about the wood box i 'fabbed' to help them get in. the whiners.

this time when i flipped the axles on my LE3305, i got the WW triple step. It is a big improvment.
Here is a picture of my last 5'r that you had to hop into:

It also had Carlisle tires and for some reason they kept on popping.
Who wants me to camp next to them next time???
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 08:56 PM   #9

I just cain't imagine what to say to that Mikey!

Can you say "overload"? How 'bout "wideload"? Heck...why not "Get your own damm camel, man"!

I think next truck's gonna be a Mercedes...obviously, there's an infinite GCWR on those babies!!!
Old 08-12-2005, 09:33 PM   #10

That's the Mercedes Unimog. Got to love em. A little hard to find in the states, besides, now there are some even cooler ones available.

Oh yeah, notice the sweet quintuple step....

2007 Rally site
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 10:44 PM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhatFireMan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If you need some help to install, give me a call...I got a welder and we can git er done (in case you don't have anyone else closer to ya). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're talking about Buford here! Have you seen this guy in action?

I seen him fix a cracked-up quad with nothin but a cheater bar, silicone, and a butane lighter...with a Cap'n & Coke in hand the entire time! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO! ...[gotta get a breath of wind before I can type!]...now......eeeeaaabu-uuuufff-ack- huough!!). Awhhh...better now...Phatty!...send some PRE-flares before you post something THAT revealing and/or hilarious!

OK...forgot what I was gonna say...Oh yeah...Eric: I'd like to think that's a dune chaser, but don't cha think it's a little top heavy? Betcha you don't even get a scratch on ya on it if she rolls!

Now...that other Fatty pic...(which is just about a 10 on the "Holy Camel Poop, Batman" scale)... (notice I discern between 'Phatty' and 'Fatty'...two totally different weight-challenged personalities!)...couldn't withstand a rollover if everyone's life depended on it (hummm...a definite quagmire there ollie .

Boy...OK...Buford needs a triple step installed...who's gonna do it?
Old 08-13-2005, 07:59 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I was wondering if anyone had seen a step that could just be hooked on to the double step? Anything like that out there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I looked and looked for something like that but gave up and built my own step, after I got out of the cast, I modified it so that it cannot turn over any more. Now, its more like a landing than a step but I can still lift it up into the truck so I guess it'll work. All those steps you see for sale are either cheap, or not high enough or large enough, might miss it in the dark after a few too many and break a lot of things.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 09:21 AM   #13

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">two totally different weight-challenged personalities! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OUCH!!!

05 NEXT LEVEL 38CKS http://bestsmileys.com/happy/3.gif
PhatFireMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 09:29 AM   #14

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">notice I discern between 'Phatty' and 'Fatty'...two totally different weight-challenged personalities!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now Kris...if you're gonna quote me, make sure you get ALL of it!

Noticed you put out a new, 'Buford-enticing' avatar! Good stuff! Has he shown up yet? Got the timer set?

Sean