Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2005, 03:36 PM   #1

RANT!!
So I am reading 56s' comments about the "Magic wire to nowhere", when a thought comes to me, I wonder if I have that wire. I go out to the stabbin cabin to check the electric box. I didn't find an extra wire. What I did find was another blown fuse. Now I'm then thinking this thing blows more fuses that Ron Jeremy. The fuse is attached to the fuel pump station hot lead.

The yellow one (20amp) between the conduit and 12v fuse box.
The adventure begins. I follow the wire to a turn along the cross member behind the last axle, then to the pump station. The break in the line was at the turn.

Kind of fuzzy, but the copper colored part of the black wire by my thumb is a dead give-away. Here is the fix.

So, LE owners should know, if that fuse blows, of your pump station dosen't work one day, this might be the problem. I believe in preventative maintenance, I would not wait to fix it until your out in the dessert or in the middle of no-where.

Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2005, 03:36 PM   #2

RANT!!
So I am reading 56s' comments about the "Magic wire to nowhere", when a thought comes to me, I wonder if I have that wire. I go out to the stabbin cabin to check the electric box. I didn't find an extra wire. What I did find was another blown fuse. Now I'm then thinking this thing blows more fuses that Ron Jeremy. The fuse is attached to the fuel pump station hot lead.

The yellow one (20amp) between the conduit and 12v fuse box.
The adventure begins. I follow the wire to a turn along the cross member behind the last axle, then to the pump station. The break in the line was at the turn.

Kind of fuzzy, but the copper colored part of the black wire by my thumb is a dead give-away. Here is the fix.

So, LE owners should know, if that fuse blows, of your pump station dosen't work one day, this might be the problem. I believe in preventative maintenance, I would not wait to fix it until your out in the dessert or in the middle of no-where.

Rod

WW LE3505
Old 08-05-2005, 03:55 PM   #3

Way to go Sherlock! Now that's some good detective work there Maynard! May I suggest that you get some of that split-loom wiring protector and slide it over all those wires (I'm assuming you left the others through that hole) so they don't rub themselves bare (I bet WW meant to do that and just got it overlooked).

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 05:46 PM   #4

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
I had my fuel pump go out in Ocotillo because of the very same thing.
At least I found that problem that day and was able to fix it while out there.

The big bummer of my life was when i blew a fuse to the ONAN at 2am out at Glamis with full party under way, and i apparently wasn't quite able to find the fix, for one reason or another. Oddly enough, Cordie, who i doubt knows what a fuse is, walked out of our rig and told me there HAS to be a secret fuse somewhere in the ONAN box that must have blown. (I had been looking in the electrical box area and looking for about 20 minutes..) I opened up the ONAN cover and for some reason or other, she reached her hand in there and pointed right to a blown fuse.

I have never forgotten that day, and she has never quit talking about it to anyone who has ears.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 05:49 PM   #5

Hey There Mikey!!

So now you have to formally announce here as "The Honorable Ms. Fuse"?

Those little rascally fuses have a habit of hiding on the high-end engineers, DON'T they?!

Sean
Old 08-05-2005, 06:23 PM   #6

Better to search for a fuse for 20 minutes then have them not put a fuse on it and have the electric motor burn up.

Rod

WW LE3505
Old 08-05-2005, 06:26 PM   #7

Or...even worse...put fuse on it, and the motor STILL burns up- fuse fine. I'm referring to my Landing Gear situation...
Old 08-05-2005, 06:27 PM   #8

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
i'll tell you though Rod, the mileage that Cordie has gotten out of that story, you'd think that she went out there and rewired Chenoble or something.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 06:30 PM   #9

Oh, I've been down that road FD

WW LE3505
Old 08-05-2005, 06:37 PM   #10

Fatty:

Wellll..next time you'll just HAVE to bring her so she can get all giddy again.

We aren't gonna wait until October, are we?
Old 08-05-2005, 06:40 PM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
Or...even worse...put fuse on it, and the motor STILL burns up- fuse fine. I'm referring to my Landing Gear situation... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I gota ask,,, What Landing Gear Situation??

2006 Ford King Ranch F350DW 4X4 w/Towpac 6.0
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 06:50 PM   #12

Del:

Not the aerodynamical type...just my SLC's...here's the scoop.

It'a reall screwing up my August...

Sean