Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2015, 04:49 PM   #1

Use toilet in TH

How many use there toilet for pea only and go to bath house for the other. What chemicals do you use just for that.
karaokejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2015, 04:54 PM   #2

probably not too many of us...nothing
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 05:08 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
We have a pee only policy, however, recently DW had a bad dose of "Revenge of the Campfire Chili" and the policy was abandoned for the rest of the time. I simply filled the fresh water tank before we pulled off the site and then dumped the tanks on our way out of the park. Dumped the black tank a few extra times after running the "rinse" on the toilet several times before dumping (probably 2 -3 gallons each cycle). I have a clear section of sewer pipe right at the end of the sewage line and just watched for the discharge to run clear. The trick is to use plenty of water while your using the toilet and plenty more when you dump. No chemicals and no problems.
CaptainGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 05:18 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Don't really understand the "pee only" policy, why even have a toilet, a toilet is used to poop and pee in. If you add plenty of water before hand you will have no problems. Agree with no chemical use.
Old 10-18-2015, 05:27 PM   #5

Not using the bathroom is just as weird as never using the cooktop inside.

No chemicals.
Old 10-18-2015, 05:32 PM   #6

Have to agree. If you want chemicals, and we use them, toss ins work well for us. Pee only policy to is plane silly. That must go along with those that have a no toilet paper policy and deposit used paper in the garbage can.
Old 10-18-2015, 05:42 PM   #7

We use the toss in chemicals, easy to use and everything stays clean and smelling good. No reason not to use it for #2 too, really no difference than your house, it all eventually gets dumped down the same drains. Your holding tanks are just a temporary place to store it until you dump. Just dump it thoroughly and do a quick rinse and you'll have no issues.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 05:45 PM   #8

That's like not using the tank water to drink.

Are you saving your tanks for the next owners poop ?

We full time and do all the things we would do in a house.

Why does clear water have to flow out of the black tank pipes ? We dump, rinse the hose and go.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:37 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Many folks have a hang up when it comes to Feces.. I don't know why may be all the yammer here in the forums about "The Dreaded Poop Pyramid"

Alas. I do not have that hang up so I use mine the way they were designed to... and as for chemicals. Hydrogen Hydroxicide, also known as HOH and in case you have not yet figured it out WATER is the one I use all the time.

IF the rig is going to sit w/o dumping for a long time (like 2+ weeks) I might invest in a biological but normally I dump at least once a week. and they take longer than a week to do good.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:02 PM   #10

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post

Alas. I do not have that hang up so I use mine the way they were designed to... and as for chemicals. Hydrogen Hydroxicide, also known as HOH....
Also called Dihydrogen Monoxide - link to Dihydrogen Monoxide Research Division

Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 02:07 PM   #11

Quote:
We dump, rinse the hose and go.
Us too. No point in making lifelong enemies of the occupants of the 5 Rvs waiting in line behind.

And we don't spray the entire dump point with chlorox before and after either.

And yes, we drink water out of the fresh water tank too. In 30 countries including several considered third-world, we have never had problems attributable to drinking the water. Mind you it doesn't always taste too good, especially if you are a tea drinker.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:42 AM   #12

Toilet

Thanks for all the reply's they help. I am new to owning a TH my parents were avid campers,so it's not new to me. I ride a Harley Sportster my wife rides a a S-40 Suzuki, so we are looking forward to our camping summer of 2016.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:40 PM   #13

Some of the events we goto have Porta potties available, that are cleaned daily. At those events we will use those. Though we do have a person in our group who refuses to use them, so I'll have to hide my toy haulers TP. Anywhere else, well, it's a bathroom, and will be used as such, except for drunks, they have a sit to use policy[emoji4]

And the people we bought the trailer from said they dump black first then grey to rinse the hoses.
PyroTekRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 05:16 PM   #14

Toilet

Thanks rob good info