Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-05-2011, 01:50 PM   #1

Veterans Day weekend @ Glamis North KOA

Hello everybody! Made your camping and off-roading plans for Veterans Day weekend yet? If not, give the folks at the Glamis North KOA - Imperial Sand Dunes ATV RV Park a call and reserve your spot right away.
For those who have not been there before, this is a full hook-up campground that caters to us off-roaders. Ride directly from your campsite. All pull through spaces are 120' long X 50' wide, with 30/50 amp electrical, and will accommodate 2 rigs on one site. The back in spaces near the newly finished pools are 120' long X 30' wide. There are 14 hot tubs/soaking tubs and 4 swimming pools, including 2 "flow through" mineral water pools, the only ones in California. These pools are completely chemical free(no acid or chlorine, or salt), artesian well fed so they continually turn over with fresh water throughout the day, and have no sulphur or odors. Don't feel like cooking after a long day of riding? No problem. Head up to Sassy's restaurant and enjoy a hot meal and a cold beer or wine.

I have put together a long geocache based Poker Run for Saturday that everyone will enjoy. We did this poker run over the Halloween weekend and it was a big hit with all those who took part. Bring your bikes, quads, buggys/rails, Jeeps and come out for a long weekend of desert riding fun and exploring places such as the Oasis, Bat Caves, Pinnacles, the old Miners Cabin, Hotel California, Salvation Mountain, or make the drive up the Red Canyon Trail to Chiriaco Summit for breakfast. If you also want the Glamis sand, Mammoth Wash is a short drive south from your base here at the KOA. Don't forget to bring your GPS! If you are a geocacher, there are loads of caches to be found out here.

For those who are going to ask, no, I do not work for them. I am just an enthusiast who along with my family enjoys all that is offered at the Glamis North KOA. We've been coming here since it first opened in 2008, and I just want others to check it out as well. If you do come out here, be sure to stop by space 113 and say hi and we'll share a cold one and I'll help you out with some great places to see out here.

Scott

scotte28516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!