Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2012, 07:22 AM   #1

VRV Toy Hauler ordered

Hi all,
I'm a person who makes their living selling various motorcycle products at motorcycle shows through out the country. For the past 7 years I've been using a Class A motorhome towing an enclosed trailer. For the last five years that motorhome has been a DP Monaco and the amount of money that has gone into repairs has been obscene! So I started my search for down sizing to a toy hauler. Looked at many, one of my big concerns was weight. My 08 Chevy 2500 crew cab is rated for 12,500 lbs but being a gas motor I didn't want to get close to that. Many of the toy haulers I looked at were too heavy and had things I didn't really need for my business and didn't look like they could take the punishment of loading my products in and out. I discovered VRV by Livin Lite last weekend. These are all aluminum toy haulers and are built extremely well. Yesterday I ordered a 8.5 x 26 FB. This is their front bedroom model with a full bathroom. It's sorta being custom made for my needs as I wanted things that are not their standard options. When I say that this is an all aluminum trailer I mean it. Even the the cabinets and floor are aluminum. It kind of reminds one of a race car trailer sort of. The weight should come in around 5K pounds with cargo capacity of 5K. I'll only be carrying a maximum of 2.5K so I'm about 5K under my max for my truck. The price of all of this is not cheap, just under $40K which is actually less then the repairs I've had to have done on our DP in the last five years, and that doesn't include maintenance.
It looks like it'll take 4-6 weeks for them to build it and I'll repost here as to how it goes. Since our MH is being traded for this I'm really looking forward as to when that Motorhome gets out of my driveway.
nplenzick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2012, 08:31 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
That is a cool unit I like the way they make them that will last a long time. Good luck with it !!!!
Old 11-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #3

Wow! Impressive construction with no wood and no stinky plywood. Probably not cheap, but probably worth it.

Wish I had of bought their 5x10 to pull behind my motorhome and haul my motorcycle. It would offer the ability to haul the bike and camp for some events without the expense of taking the motorhome. The 5x10 I bought probably could work, but there's no insulation and no amenities and it's heavy.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:10 AM   #4

Well my trailer finally came in after 14 weeks and a ton of aggravation from the dealer I purchased it from. Really like it, now I'll be working on it for the next 10 days getting it ready for Bike Week in Daytona. Having an estimate on a custom made shelf,plus I have lots of wall tie downs along with a bunch of other stuff to do!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VRV Trailer 2-17-2013 001.jpg
Views:	760
Size:	393.7 KB
ID:	33718   Click image for larger version

Name:	VRV Trailer Rear 2-18-2013 001.jpg
Views:	725
Size:	293.3 KB
ID:	33719  

nplenzick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:16 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
That is a great looking unit!!! Congrat's. If you have some interior pictures please post them.
RickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:36 AM   #6

nplenzick, I'm considering buying a 26FB similar to yours. I'm concerned because the one I'm looking at does not have the optional AC unit in the bedroom area. Do you think that just having the AC unit in the cargo/living area would be enough to cool the entire trailer?
DeanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:55 PM   #7

Nice unit. Gotta love the VRV's. I would think you could get by with one AC for whole unit.
Boltsfaninmo is offline   Reply With Quote