Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-11-2006, 10:34 AM   #1

Well it looks like a new water pump on next on the fixit list.
We went camping last weekend in Northern AZ, everyone else was in tents but us, we showed up all proud of our "new" toy hauler (our 3rd trip). We turned on the water pump, we could hear it going but didn't sound right. I took it all apart, no cracks in the diaphram or anything, everything looked good. We put it back together, same thing. Long story short, we ended up doing a little mouth-to-mouth on the faucet and it started working, and worked fine all weekend. So it looks like it just had trouble selfpriming. I am going to assume that this is the first sign of a failure and replace it before the next trip. At least now I have an excuse to get a nicer one. Can you say ***in Tim Allen voice*** MORE POWER!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2006, 10:34 AM   #2

Well it looks like a new water pump on next on the fixit list.
We went camping last weekend in Northern AZ, everyone else was in tents but us, we showed up all proud of our "new" toy hauler (our 3rd trip). We turned on the water pump, we could hear it going but didn't sound right. I took it all apart, no cracks in the diaphram or anything, everything looked good. We put it back together, same thing. Long story short, we ended up doing a little mouth-to-mouth on the faucet and it started working, and worked fine all weekend. So it looks like it just had trouble selfpriming. I am going to assume that this is the first sign of a failure and replace it before the next trip. At least now I have an excuse to get a nicer one. Can you say ***in Tim Allen voice*** MORE POWER!

Old 05-11-2006, 11:49 AM   #3

I hear you OCDUNE, I have had my FS2300 for a year now and though mine has never failed I am going to replace that noisy surging sun-of-a-gun factory pump before my next trip.

TB

WW FS2300
twinbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 01:00 PM   #4

I don't think mine was too noisy. It has rubber isolators on the bottom though so that probably helped. I hope this will help the surge though.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:10 PM   #5

OCDune, I have had the same thing happen to me twice, but it has not failed yet. Sometimes it won't prime if there is too much air in the line or one of the faucets might be open. That happened on one of the times, my kid was playing with the bathroom faucet and I didn't know she left it open, and when I turned on the water pump it took a little while to prime with all the air in the line. It finally went, after enough air shot out, then I realized the bathroom faucet was slightly open.
It is really noisy though. It doesn't help that mine is right under the kitchen sink where everyone can hear it.

Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 12:10 PM   #6

Oc,
Was it running faster then normal, like when you first turn it on and it is pressurizing the line.

If so you could have developed a slight leak on the pump inlet side.

The inlet side goes negative pressure and will suck air and not water due to less resistance.

I have seen this many times on diaphram pumps at work, you wont see a leak because the hole is so small that when the pump is off there is not enough pressure to leak out or the line rises above the tank.

Check you hose and fittings from the tank to the pump.

Good luck.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:46 PM   #7

As part of my troubleshooting I did check all of the connections, everything looked good. Once I was able to get it to prime it sounded normal, never bled back or any other issues.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:09 PM   #8

click HERE Then on specials...Sureflo 4.0 $119.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:59 PM   #9

Hey BB!

Thanks for the update...I'm seriously considering getting one...hope there's more left after the onslaught!
Old 05-18-2006, 07:05 AM   #10

Thanks BB. I saw that thread over there too and ordered mine about 10 minutes ago. Looks like a good deal
Old 05-26-2006, 08:27 AM   #11

I got my new waterpump from UPS yesterday, can't wait to try it out!