Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2005, 06:22 PM   #1

Just throwin' this out there, if anyone has got nutin' to do this weekend I'll be out at Bell Mountain Fri-Sat. This will be the firet time I get to carry toys in the trailer, so it should be a fun trip.
You know, the more the merrier!

Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2005, 06:22 PM   #2

Just throwin' this out there, if anyone has got nutin' to do this weekend I'll be out at Bell Mountain Fri-Sat. This will be the firet time I get to carry toys in the trailer, so it should be a fun trip.

Rod

WW LE3505
Old 09-06-2005, 06:33 PM   #3

Senoir Rod:

We may just sneak up there Friday night and say 'hi'...our friends that we helped move this last weekend into their new house they just built are doing some more stuff I wanna see, and they're just past that- not much of a detour...hope to see ya, FabDeb, and the youngin!!

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 06:42 PM   #4

Sean,
So far it's just me and a bunch of dudes. Deb and Junior opted to sit this one out. We don't stray too far off the road at B M, we will be the one with the trailer on fire and guys sitting around the BBQ to stay warm.

Rod

WW LE3505
Old 09-06-2005, 07:04 PM   #5

Rod:

This last weekend, not but 5 miles away- you didn't need a fire unless you were gonna stay up 'til 5am...of which, I DID turn on the heated seat in my KR this morning at that time.

One of these days we'll have to have you guys out so you can experience the 'Miller Loop"- 'ol Joseph has that part of the countryside pegged big time...
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 08:01 PM   #6

Hey boys!!!

Man I would love to meet up with you guys but the fire tower started again and I'm back to teaching alot for the next couple months.

BUT, Rob and I are going on a cruise to the Carribean from the 14th thru the 24th. I know, I know, it's going to be hot and humid , and it IS hurricane season , but we have had this planned for 6 months.

We have never cruised before, so were looking forward to it. Stops in St.Thomas, St. Marten, Princess Cays, starts and ends in Miami. Never been in a hurricane yet, who knows...

Miss yapping with you all, just been busy like everyone else.

Sean, Hows the trailer? Get things fixed? Did you weight it on the way home?

Rod, say Hi to the family for us...

Have a great weekend,

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 08:19 PM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> We have never cruised before, so were looking forward to it. Stops in St.Thomas, St. Marten, Princess Cays, starts and ends in Miami. Never been in a hurricane yet, who knows... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Clark,

Once you do the cruise, you'll be hooked. Deb and I did a cuise to Alaska about three-four years ago. In fact, I got it for Deb for our anniversary. When I was buying it the travel agent mentioned that since we had never been on a cruise before that we should start off on something small. (Alaska was eight days) I asked her to tell me all about cruise life and she said all you do is eat and relax. That was all I needed to hear. I was hooked. Your gonna love it! Have fun!!

Rod

WW LE3505
Old 09-06-2005, 08:44 PM   #8

A few weeks ago we were at Wild Wash Rd. and a County Fire Capt. on the way home from a call (just happened to be in the area) stopped off and let us off with a warning that ALL fires (contained or not) are prohibited right now! So when he left we started it up again and the next night had another fire. No one showed up.

Also if I am not mistakin Bell mountain is NOT an OHV area and it says that on a sign about a 1/2 mile before the exit... not an OHV area next exit. I always see people there so maybe it's kinda like the fire thing, only if you get caught by the right person. Wild Wash Rd. is where we usually go. Just thought I would pass some info along, have fun and be safe!

06 Rampage 387
RRC/AMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 09:00 PM   #9

rrc/amc,
You're kind of right. That sign is for that area right at the exit for hwy 15. People used to just pull right off the highway and ride ride there. They put a stop to that. Stay on that road and about 3 miles down it turns into a dirt road, then there is a big ol' sign that says OHV area. It's all BLM past that. I don't know about the fire thing though. It's not posted, and there are plenty of places to post something that important.

Rod

WW LE3505
Old 09-06-2005, 09:17 PM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by melon:
Rod </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rod,

We're looking for a place to take off to for
a week or two.

How are the day temps there?

We're tempted to head off to Mammoth area again.

Previous Rig: 2012 Itasca 30'
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 07:32 AM   #11

It's like any other desert area, hot in the summer. Th weather report said it was going to cool off this weekend, so it should be pleasent. No hotter than high 80's. I don't know about being out there a week though. You would run out of things to do after a couple days.

Rod

WW LE3505
Old 09-07-2005, 07:59 AM   #12

Clark,
You and Robin are going to have a great time on the cruise. And, be sure to drop us a line, they do have 'Net access. And, if anyone is interested, we're doing an Australia cruise early next year....PM me.

So this isn't totally off topic...where is Bell Mtn?

2007 Rally site
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 08:07 AM   #13

Diirk
It's about 7 miles north of Victorville. Nice and local.

Rod

WW LE3505
Old 09-07-2005, 08:24 AM   #14

Rod,
I know where you're at. What's the terrain like there? I never realized there was a riding area there.

2007 Rally site
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote