Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2005, 09:22 PM   #1

Hey guys ... I'm baaaaack!

Well, today it so happens the FB2200 is not for sale, but ask me again tomorrow! No kiddin', we love this toyhauler -- size and performance -- it's hard to let it go.

But that LE is calling to me .... yoooo-hoooooooohhhh! The final straw will be when my brother, 56Nomad, pulls up with his shiney new LE3305 next week. Maybe if I cry big crocodile tears I can break Nick down?

To be continued ....

Sandy Feet
SandyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2005, 09:22 PM   #2

Hey guys ... I'm baaaaack!

Well, today it so happens the FB2200 is not for sale, but ask me again tomorrow! No kiddin', we love this toyhauler -- size and performance -- it's hard to let it go.

But that LE is calling to me .... yoooo-hoooooooohhhh! The final straw will be when my brother, 56Nomad, pulls up with his shiney new LE3305 next week. Maybe if I cry big crocodile tears I can break Nick down?

To be continued ....

Sandy Feet
SandyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 07:05 AM   #3

The sooner you order your LE...... the faster it will be here

The waiting for it is the hard part......

BTW, the iRV2 has a wonderful classified with a Toyhauler "For Sale" section

Previous Rig: 2012 Itasca 30'
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 11:42 AM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The final straw will be when my brother, 56Nomad, pulls up with his shiney new LE3305 next week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, isin't that what brothers are for????

Sounds like he is JUST tryin to help you out..
Old 04-18-2005, 10:35 AM   #5

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
hi Sandy
You can keep your FB22 and just mess up '56's LE with the big poker games and the pot-luck BBQs. And yes, we had a couple spots that we used to camp at in our local area that we no longer fit in . Our FB22 was perfect for what I call 'my old jeepin style'. Years ago we'd get there in my CJ7 and hang a tarp off the side for our tent. I could seemingly get that thing where no other man had ever gone. Then when we started pulling the FB behind my truck I still had a lot of leeway. Your 'get in hidden spots' leeway dissapears as the trailer grows by 10+ feet. Dems the breaks ehhh?

And '56,
I see your anticipated delivery date has moved up from the 23rd to the 20th ???
I've been riding my harley out in the desert for a few days and just got back. I will now call my dealer and see if I can show up a few days early too. He better not say NO, but my ears are ringing from all the wind so I'm not sure I'll hear what he says anyway. Maybe I'll just show up and wait.
Mike
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 10:56 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatDog:
'56,
I see your anticipated delivery date has moved up from the 23rd to the 20th ???
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Mike,

I'll be calling the dealer on Wednesday to be
sure. But most likely, we will be taking off
from Santa Cruz on Friday 4/22 and if all goes
well, it will be prep'ed and ready for the PDI
on Saturday. They want 2-3 days to get it ready.

I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas

Old 04-18-2005, 05:48 PM   #7

alright, a kid waiting for Christmas

well here's a question that goes thru my head a lot right at a time like now, .....
.... how extensive is your Pre-Inspection ??
this is considering that:
-you have owned a trailer by the same manufacturer before
- maybe even you are buying it from the same dealer
-you trust both of them and they both have treated you fine with any previous service issues
-you are more excited then a kid at Christmas
-by now you can pretty much fix anything on that trailer anyway, you know the small stuff, and they'll replace any major fixture if it really doesn't work

thats the kind of thing I think of right about now. You see some people go in there and spend 4 hours on a pre inspection. And HEY!! For that amount of money it had better be darn good!!!!
But seriously, how long do us repeat offenders spend on a PRE-INSPECT ???
(more time or less time then the first timer?)
what are you going to look at??
Mike
Old 04-18-2005, 06:39 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatDog:
alright, a kid waiting for Christmas

well here's a question that goes thru my head a lot right at a time like now, .....
.... how extensive is your Pre-Inspection ??
this is considering that:
-you have owned a trailer by the same manufacturer before
- maybe even you are buying it from the same dealer
-you trust both of them and they both have treated you fine with any previous service issues
-you are more excited then a kid at Christmas
-by now you can pretty much fix anything on that trailer anyway, you know the small stuff, and they'll replace any major fixture if it really doesn't work

thats the kind of thing I think of right about now. You see some people go in there and spend 4 hours on a pre inspection. And HEY!! For that amount of money it had better be darn good!!!!
But seriously, how long do us repeat offenders spend on a PRE-INSPECT ???
(more time or less time then the first timer?)
what are you going to look at??
Mike </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have no idea how extensive it's gonna be, but
for the amount of money I'm paying...... everything
better work and be built correctly.

We're planning on camping for a couple of days
right after picking it up and test all the
working parts. 5 days and counting

Old 04-18-2005, 08:01 PM   #9

I can't even think enough about the time spent- I've even wrote it down on my order form- "Let's see how much the WW quality 'expert' knows what to look for! If he's a customer, he's still got a job!".

This is where I need to bring up another point- most dealers "set aside" a person that goes through this with you. The person you ought to PRE-INSPECT with is the salesman that sold you the rig. Gotta chuck that 3RD guy who doesn't know what the deal was.

Simply business...if they have a problem with doing this, then you know you bought from the wrong dealer. Four hours? You could spend that going home and coming back if sumpthin's wrong..."nothing like the present"!

Thanks FatDog for bringing this up...when is your rig due, or am I late in saying so ( can't 'member!)
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 07:40 AM   #10

Yup, the saleguy will be front-center during my checkout. He's a good guy so I suspect he wants to be there anyway.

here's a couple of the things on my mind, and I really meant to be writing them all down this past month as i have thought of a couple doozies to look for but am incredible lazy sometimes:

- that Winegard satellite dish type thing on the roof has always had a sticker on the inside of the RV near the antenna switch that says:
"Satellite Ready" or something to that effect, but as I am figuring out over the years it is satellite ready ONLY if you buy another receiver and run more cable ??? Although my saleguy doesn't know it right now, he is going to COMPLETELY educate me on that entire system.

- i am going to check the axles for true alignment

- the pull down bed has to latch solid when in the up position, I had one come down during travel 4 years ago and its not a good thing

I think '56 gets his tommorrow or at least can go look at it at the dealer's lot as they prep it for a couple days, and mine comes in later this week. If there are any other hot spots in the look-see, post 'em here and I swear I'm going to start writing them down this time. Although I have had good results before and no real complaints, but there aint no harm in looking.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:20 PM   #11

Fatdog:

Already talked to my saleguy- he's warned!

Bout the SAT system- do you already have one? The Winegard Dish I installed on my '95 was so easy- it was just above the cabinet I put the receiver in- talk about a whole bunch of wasted cable! But I already had the receiver (used to take it out of the garage into the TH to keep from paying the 5 bucks- found out after a few times it was easier to pay the extra 5 bucks!). Receiver is going with the old TH- time to upgrade.

And just how were you going to check the axle alignment? I didn't know Bear had a portable rack http://www.bearalignment.com/images/alignment.jpg! Seriously now...what/how are you looking for?

And ye o' little faith...you just ordered a new WW., didn't you? Chances are the bed situation happened to others- that's why we're getting a new one, eh?

Once again...you just need to get that camerah, camerah, TAKE PICTURE! out and give the first-hand at a new '06 (and don't forget to update your avatar! ).
Old 04-21-2005, 06:03 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">(and don't forget to update your avatar! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boy, that would be a first. I think Mike is still using the same one from years ago.

Sorry, just couldn't resist!
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 06:12 AM   #13

I guess I outta let up on Fatdog...I haven't even added mine yet!

But I do know how to work my DigCam!
Old 04-21-2005, 06:22 AM   #14

Sean
Yep, the ol' falling bed trick HAS happened to a number of people, including the guy who pays the repair bills in my house, and I'm going to yank on that thing until they restrain me.

And as far as me going down to the dealer and setting up my mobile-alignment-rack: ....
.... I have a feeling any problems with the components (reefer, AC, micro, ..) will shake themselves out of hiding the first time I use the rig or during my initial checkout, but ....
... I figure the undercarriage is where the little gremlins hang out.
What started me on my one-man-mission to check the understeel was actually a thread here at iRV2 that asked people what size scissors-wheel-chocks they used, and since my trailer is now a triple axle and not a double anymore, I started looking at other triples and have noticed that not all sets of axles are equally spaced.! And in fact some guy noticied after a while that two of his tires were too close for comfort.!!
So, while Cordie is in checking the magazine rack for proper ease of access, I'm going to crawl my lazy rear underneath the coach and check for:
- good connections to the sewer and water tanks
- lugnuts tightened and also determine the proper torque of those
- inflation of the 6 tires and determine the proper you-know-what
- spare tire (same as above)
- the wiring to the rear gas-pump is often just zip-tied on these warriors and I then rerun mine in flimsy conduit as I once had a wire break on me out in the desert
- and then lastly, I am going to confirm my little axles all appear to be equally spaced, or at least once the tires get hot and maybe a bit underinflated that they aren't going to be a rubbin', and then I'm going to get another scissor-wheel-chock of the proper size

- and then, I will re-enter the coach and check with the boss and see how the components and magazine rack and stuff like that are coming along
- ohhh, and I as usual will want to verify what loads are connected to each fuse and guess who is going to check that out??

And I have never had a SAT system, i just have always thought it was just a smidgeon misleading when they have a big arrow pointing to the T.V. antennea button in the coach and say "Satellite Ready !!". Yea, I suppose for that matter the magazine-rack is satellite ready if all you have to do is buy a receiver and run cable to the roof!!

But, lest you be confused at the degree of my thoroughness, if I go down there to pick up my trailer and find it on fire, I'm still probably bring it home, I really like that model and have had great luck with these guys.

and thanks for posting that picture of me and my alignment machine. do you think the dealer is going to be happy when i back my F350 with alignment tester onto the lot and start jacking up all his trailers??

Mike