Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:47 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Wow! let's see now, that makes Wes, FD, and Melon, boy, bad news brings out the best doesn't it. Good to see all of you are still hanging around.

I guess time will tell as to values and such, sure glad I'm not planning on buying anything else, at least for now.

Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2008, 06:12 PM   #16

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Wow! All the old crowd has tuned in. I think I'll go find Hank Jr's "All My Rowdy Friends" and pop it in the cd.
Say Tom, did you ever use the flea collars in the rig as we posted about last year? Just replaced mine today... 'Ain't no bugs in my rig"

Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:40 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Your right there HB, crank up the volume!

Actually I did try the flea collars which reminds me, need to change them out, no problems since. I have been going through a bunch of D-con in the garage this year too, darn mice! They eat the stuff like candy.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:19 AM   #18

I loved weekend warriors they were awesome looking.

Edited to remove political comments which are not permitted in iRV2 forums.

2004 Dodge Ram HemiSport (My Toy and Tow Beast)
luke_vardanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 04:58 PM   #19

Gangs all here. Hello to all. Been awhile. We still have our LE3505 and its still working great. Took it in for the ramp vinyl coming loose. That has been it since Jul 2005. I'm thinking we all have the latest 67 Camaro or Vette or Malibu. We love ours and except for the sun starting to rear its ugly head we could not be happier. I couldn't afford a new one anyway so I will just take care of this one.

Griz

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 06:34 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Griz, what a breath of fresh air. How nice it is to hear from you again.

Thanks for stopping by!!!
Old 08-25-2008, 12:21 PM   #21

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
has anyone out there bought a WeekendWarrior since they started liquidating them?

they are a pretty good trailer, and i'm just wondering how much the liquidation places are asking for them,
might be a real bargain i don't know

and, ... Griz dog, nice seeing you !! GOOD DRINKING BEERS WITH YOU, good hearing from you
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:03 PM   #22

Well, heck,
I might as well say hello as well!!! I knew that you all were lurking around still... Hey, I'm on my own as well since Alfa went under also. My warranty is still good, but no other support. Mikey, I have seen a number of new looking WW's around, but haven't asked anyone if they bought it liquidated. We spent a week in Ventura recently and the campground was full most of the week so people are still camping, even with the high fuel prices. How has the desert looked? Has anyone noticed a decline in rigs out to the boondocks?
I did have to buy a small car for everyday transportation though, the big truck was just getting to cost to much to drive daily.

Hope all is well with all of my old friends!!!
Rod, your kids have got to be getting big, is Sammy driving a quad yet?

Take care guys and gals...

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:21 PM   #23

Clark ... your Alfa looked like it was in great shape that weekend we all were served dinner in it, you gave us the full tour inside and out,
hopefully it still the same.,
as one of the 'gateways to the desert' (Lakeside) i haven't seen many loaded toyhaulers packed and lined up at the grocery stores reading for the trip to the desert, but then its still not the traditional riding months yet out there, a couple months to go yet,

and i was wondering about Sammy too, wasn't she 3 when we saw her? she's gotta be a wee bit older then that now, Rod maybe needs to update his signature the next time he posts

have a good LaborDay guys !
Old 09-01-2008, 10:41 PM   #24

Sammy starts kindergarten on Wednesday (3 Sept), Megan is two tomorrow( 2 Sept). Busy week. We started soccer on Saturday.

We still take our WW out to campsites mostly. We have seen a few other WW's in our travels, have not been out to the dessert, I sold my quad and bought a 1970 Bronco. Way more fun and I get to take the girls.

I guess it really does not matter what they (WW's) are worth, no one has any money to spend on toys anyway.

We thought about unloading ours and getting a class A or C but you really don't get the room that toy haulers provide. They should be giving those away they way diesel and gas prices are.
Good to check in, I have to update my info.

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:07 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Hi Guy's,

Mike is doing such a great job here that I hesitate to jump in but I did want to say hi to all and glad to see you'all back in here for a bit. Feel free to come by and visit when ever you can.

By the way, on my last trip to New Mexico and back this year I saw a bunch of WW's on I40, most were newer than mine. Bottom line is that it still looks new and hauls everything just fine with no major problems, just a set of brakes and tires and some additions to the charging system.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:31 PM   #26

Mike and boys,

Yes the Alfa is still in good shape, we use it 5-6 times each year minimum. Have a few minor repairs to make and I'll be needing new tires within the next year (age not wear). We have been mainly doing campgrounds around CA. I have seen many toyboxes in the campgrounds, you still can't beat the room as Rod says, but it does seem that I'm not seeing as many on the 14 freeway heading out to the desert as I used to see. Sign of the times!!! Mike, I'm heading down to South Carlsbad again in October, 16-19. If your out and around, it would sure be great to see you. Let me know and I'll make sure I've got a ice cold brew waiting for ya... That goes for any of you all if your around...

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:52 AM   #27

hey Clark, that Carlsbad in a handful of weeks sounds good, i'll give you a holler beforehand,
i could use a cold beer right about then
Old 09-18-2008, 01:26 PM   #28

I have heard of them going for 1/2 price here in Oregon. A friend of mine saw a Full Throttle going for 40,000.00, I know when I looked at them last year they were upwards of 80K

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 HD 4x4 CTD
Don Hopkins is offline   Reply With Quote