Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2005, 07:08 AM   #1

Just wanted to let you boys know were back from the beautiful Carribean. We ran head first into Rita, then back tracked and ran away. We were supposed to travel the western part, St Thomas, St Marteen, and Princess Cays, but the captain changed course and we did Couzemel, Grand Caymans, and Ocho Rios (Jamaica). Overall the weather was great, hot in Jamaica, but Rita stirred up some good wave action and some awesome cloud and lighting action.

I found a new toy though, haven't figured out how to pull it behind the Alfa though. We went to the everglades in Florida and took an airboat ride. WHAT A BLAST!!! Maybe I can home make one out of a creeper and a gas powered exhaust fan???

I just spent 2 hours catching up on my reading here, man you guys and gals yack alot... It looks like you had a fun time at the sand sport show, and I'm still hoping to see you guys at Eric's (just need to do a little wheeling and dealing to get the day off).

I'll post a few picts as soon as I can get my fat stomach close enough to the computer table. My god you can eat too much on those ships, let's not EVEN talk about the drinks!!!

Glad to be back though,

Later,

Clark & Robin

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2005, 07:08 AM   #2

Just wanted to let you boys know were back from the beautiful Carribean. We ran head first into Rita, then back tracked and ran away. We were supposed to travel the western part, St Thomas, St Marteen, and Princess Cays, but the captain changed course and we did Couzemel, Grand Caymans, and Ocho Rios (Jamaica). Overall the weather was great, hot in Jamaica, but Rita stirred up some good wave action and some awesome cloud and lighting action.

I found a new toy though, haven't figured out how to pull it behind the Alfa though. We went to the everglades in Florida and took an airboat ride. WHAT A BLAST!!! Maybe I can home make one out of a creeper and a gas powered exhaust fan???

I just spent 2 hours catching up on my reading here, man you guys and gals yack alot... It looks like you had a fun time at the sand sport show, and I'm still hoping to see you guys at Eric's (just need to do a little wheeling and dealing to get the day off).

I'll post a few picts as soon as I can get my fat stomach close enough to the computer table. My god you can eat too much on those ships, let's not EVEN talk about the drinks!!!

Glad to be back though,

Later,

Clark & Robin

Old 09-25-2005, 08:13 AM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Hey Clark, glad to have you back and see you enjoyed your cruise. As you found out, airboats are a hoot! At one time I was an intern with the Ag Dept in Ft. Lauderdale doing aquatic weed research. I and another fellow had the task of collecting water weeds from an airboat in the Glades. We picked a lot of weeds of course but mostly spent the days zoom-zooming around in the governments airboat. Great fun!!
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 08:56 AM   #4

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Clark and Robin,
my gosh, what a trip !!

A cruise to the Carribean ... AND you get a ride through Rita.!!??! And the Captain does a little fancy footwork and you end up going to Jamaica and the Caymans instead??!!
Buddy, are you vying for a spot on "The Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous?"
(did i tell you i visited Yuma once?)

Post some pics, and i am pretty close to relinquishing my username to you - FatDogClark.
ahhh, forget that idea ..

Great to see you back, post some pics of those skies and of the Caymans as soon as you can LazyDog.

FatDog
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 06:37 AM   #5

Clark, Glad you made it back OK and had a good time. We were a little worried about you guys running around with Rita. We changed our Australia cruise in Mar/Apr to Alaska, if you're interested.....

2007 Rally site
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 07:34 AM   #6

Clark and Robin.. Glad your back and safe on terra firma...
What a small world Hoverbug, I did alot of weed research in high school.. We'll have to compare methods sometime.. (sorry I just had to..)

06 WW LE3305
TH_NOOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 07:58 AM   #7

Clark/Robin:

Did you cruise Royal Carribean? I actually did a similar cruise on RC in January (Haiti, Grand Cayman, Jamaica and Cozumel) and was pleasantly surprised. I thought I'd get bored on the boat, but there was really a lot to do - rock climbing wall, ice skating rink, plus all of the day excursions. I had a blast! Sounds like you did too.

KZ 29P
JAguirre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 04:28 PM   #8

Here is are some photos from our trip, including the beginnings of Rita and a fly over of Rita on the way home.

Our Airboat in the Everglades

Robin loving the ride

An Everglades resident

Our ship, the Carribean Princess

Rita showing up over the horizion

Rita closing in

The backside of Rita

Rita from the air over Texas

Another air shot

Lastly a shot of Glamis from the air. Boy there is alot of sand down there.

Clark

Old 09-26-2005, 04:51 PM   #9

Clark
you are a true duner. You go on one of the most ideal world traveling vacations a guy could think of, including skirting a huge natural disaster, ... and you find a way to shoot an aerial picture of Glamis out of the deal.

Nice pics! that gator shot was very cool.
But i'm really interested in that aluminum boat-plane. What does it use for the engine? Did you get to drive it? Are you buying one?

Good pics Clark, nice to see you back. And by the way, that is one big cruise boat, or ship whatever it is, what kind of stuff did you and Robin do on that during the day?

welcome back buddy
Mike
Old 09-26-2005, 05:17 PM   #10

Mike,

It was nice that the trip home was clear enought to see the ground. I always wanted to see Glamis from the air, it goes for miles.

I don't really know what type of engine the airboat had, the driver got busy after we got back and I didn't get to talk to him. It went about 45mph and turns on a quarter. Great fun doing 360's in the marsh, just don't fall out as the residents are always hungry. It would be fun to own one, but you need to live in the everglades to use it.

Our ship was Princess Cruises newest flagship, the Carribean Princess. 1000' long, 120' wide, over 200' tall at the back. Big as a building, it is a city on water. We had alot of fun on the ship, workout in the morning, swim in the pool and jacuzzi during the day to stay cool, sit down dinner at night and a few shows and some dancing until daylight. They feed you 24/7, drinks more than you can possibly consume, there were a few people who tried to drink out the ship and ended up sleeping on the deck chairs every night.

We had 4 days on land, Princess Cays in the Bahamas, Couzmel Mexico, Grand Cayman Island, and Ocho Rios in Jamaica. We toured the islands, and played on the beach and had to buy a few trinkets here and there.

I took over 500 photos, Robin took another 9 rolls with her camera.

It was truly a fun filled trip for our first cruise. We went with a group of Firefighters and Nurses on a Continuing Education cruise, got a really good price on the trip, and since there were CE classes, I get to write off my portion of the trip.

Hope to see you this upcoming weekend at Eric's BBQ. I'll fill you in on more of the trip. Eric's house is only about 15 miles from my place.

Were glad to be home, but what a fun trip!!!

Clark

Old 09-26-2005, 05:59 PM   #11

Wow Clarkie Baby!!!

Geeezzz...Mikey asked all the questions that were blastin' away in my brain...looks like you had one heck of a good time!! I'm not a cruise guy, and especially when there's active her-canes going in the general vicinity (you know...like Western Hemisphere kinda thing!...but obviously the captain of the ship had plenty 'o experience- I wudda gone and hid in the engine room.

For cryin' outloud, though, man...what the heck did you expect ME to do for 10 days without yackin' on the phone witcha?!
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 06:11 PM   #12

Clark,

So when are we gonna do a Toyhaulers cruise?

How about Alaska?

Your photos are fantastic!

Previous Rig: 2012 Itasca 30'
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 06:14 PM   #13

Sean, it looks like Clark won't buy us one of those swamp skimmer boats, so we'll have to think of another angle on this. I t was a thought at least

but speaking of good ideas, so the Firemen and Nurses Continuing Education Class goes to the Cayman Islands.
.... now i guess i know why a whole bunch of guys don't rush into the blueprint business.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:29 PM   #14

Mike,

I think you could get the same ride as the airboat if you get a creeper board and install a gas powered smoke blower on the back. No steering, just at the mercy of the fan, but what a ride. It would give the barstool racer a run for it's money.

Howie,

Sounds good to me!!! Alaska is the only state I haven't been to and I think a cruise would be awesome.

Mike,

This was our first cruise, but I heard that the previous cruise was called the STD cruise.

We went with 4 couples, but there was ALOT of singles...

Clark