Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2005, 05:49 PM   #43

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
better at the saltmine?

when i ask you
does the word early retirement
or, can a guy live off fly fishing in Montana
or, is there any more room left in Quartzite

mean anything to you?
oh well, looking forward to 4 days off in a row
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2005, 05:53 PM   #44

AAAhhh....yes....if it'll help at all, I'm only 2 years from that retirement thing, but it seems "bearing peddlers" have to do extra duty...it's not a year thing- it's a when-can-you-do-it thing.

About that 4 days....any word from the 'Gov'nr?
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 08:38 PM   #45

56'
Beautiful rig, WW keeps making nicer and nicer rigs every year. BTW, what does it weight? I think putting the decals on your truck will look really good. When I got my WW back in 93 I had the graphics from the trailer put on the truck also, looked pretty sweet.

Mike & Sean, I laughed my a$$ off today reading all the banter you guys had yesterday. I forgot how much fun this forum was.

Sean, only 2 years until retirement??? I can only dream!!! I really can't conplain though, we do a number of trips every year and 1 is usually 2-3 weeks, so in a way we are part timers already. I really want to take the new Alfa on a long trip this year, BUT fuel prices might keep me closer to home. I just need to figure in the cost of fuel into my trips now. BUT, no matter how much it costs, it won't keep us off the road.

Tom, keep us abreast of when you are heading west and where you are going, you never know we just might head that way and hook up on the road. I really want to get back to the Canyonlands area, Moab and surrounding area.

My daughter who moved up to Missoula MT. is now looking in Nebraska. She is a teacher and her husband is looking at grad schools. She has her CA credential, but the job availability and the cost of living in CA has chased alot of people out of CA. And our gov Arnold is going after pensions of teachers, police and firefighters, which makes the job market for new employees even less desirable. So with her maybe in Nebraska, I will be heading your way more often.

Sorry for the long post, just got some catching up to do.

Be safe all,

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 04:54 PM   #46

Clark:

Given the fact I started with this company when I was 20, yeap...30 years of "service" (I really can't complain), and well...gave that one away, didn't I?

I've found a couple of things out in my latter years: getting out is great and therapetic, and... I just gotta start hiring someone to clean the TH when I get home! We generally get out at least once a month, and there have been occasions where we've done 3,4, or 5 weekends in a row. We are "fair weather" campers: July/August at the river/desert when it's 425 degrees outside is just a no-no anymore- I melt. Spring and Fall/Winter is just about as good as it gets in the desert.

The fuel issue...to fill up the F250 is around $80, the TH and gas cans, about $60. But that's still cheaper than what happens when Moski gets bored at home on the weekend and decides to go shopping. I figure I take her and Bri-Bri out to the middle of the desert, and I'm safe! It's a small price to pay...

Hope everything's good on your home front...more to come!
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote