Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2007, 07:19 PM   #15

OK Tom...you got me...waddup?!

BTW...I'm barely online with what is now a really busted up laptop...my biz laptop. Last Friday, it decided to eat my user login profile for lunch, and I've been cussing it ever since. I've managed to get IE working, but the pop-ups from the freakin program are driving me crazy. And to give you an idea of how messed up it is: I found that the cache for the Temp files was set to "0", so I entered 50mb (can go up to 1024mb), and it told me to enter a number between 8 and 8. And I can't change a ding-dang thing on the settings.

My boss and I ordered a new one this morning, and I can't believe it, but the Corp IT guy left a message this afternoon that he was working on the new one and wanted me to send in this one to transfer all my files. Yeah right- like I'm going to give up my only access to the outside world right now. The worst news is that it looks like I'm one of the first to get one of the "new" Corp[IT]-Managed laptops, which- from what I've heard, I'll be lucky to have the ability to turn it on and look at it. That's another reason why I'm holding onto this one (even though I can't change a thing now, and all of my MS Office is unuseable)...if when I get the new one and it makes my job one iota harder, I'm sending it back with a big WhiteOut FU on the case. I'm loadin' up for bear on this one.

So, it'll be a few more days before I get the new machine, then I'll have to see if it'll let me access my home wireless network after that. In the meantime, I'll try to wade through this cr@p of loading the drivers for my network card every time I use it.
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2007, 07:55 PM   #16

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vette Racer:
Ta Da!!!

Notice anything new..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"KE5NCP" Did you get your amateur radio license?

And Sean.....Only now are you realizing the advantage of a Mac.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:51 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
I think from the looks of it, Sean will recognize anything that works. Mac or not.

Good catch there Wes, Yep, passed my tech and general test a couple of weeks ago and "finally" got my license yesterday. Been cruising the ham radio websites looking for gear but decided to hold off until after this weekend, going to a local hamfest to look around. Then lookout CC, I'm ordering! Hope to be on the air within the next couple of weeks with something.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:17 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Well, got the "gearbox" ordered for the Terry, the new 13,500 HE Durotherm ordered for the Warrior, two new tires on the wifes car, other two balanced, nothing like slipped belts in two of them at 30k, (thanks Goodyear) and a pinion seal in the front differental on the Jeep, all today!!! Thats about 1150 and I didn't get a kiss, oops, take that back, did get one.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:42 PM   #19

Well aren't choo the consumate spender, Mr. "Can Hardly Wait For Spring".

Sorru I didn't address your landing gear woes...been there, did that, and Wes has heard the story, except Wes- it was 5 men and a boy that it took to get the darn thing hooked up at our first gathering with the group. Melon, \Bob, FatDog, Senoir Donno, oppps...6: Clarkie Baby, and Brian, is what it took that weekend. I'm curious...what MFR do you have on the Terry's LG?

A nuder question: WTH didn't you do all of your maintenance stuff while it was friggin cold? You've got a heater in that there gay-rage, don't cha?
Old 03-15-2007, 04:45 PM   #20

Oppps...fer-got to update cha on the new laptop...it shipped today from Corp (which is blowing my mind- it usually takes them idiots weeks to turn one around), and I found out the new one won't be Corp-managed, BUT...new firewall is going in this weekend so I'll have to lay low for a while. Should be quite the machine- 'bout the only attention I get with the IT people (I NEVER have to call them until I've 'burnt' up a machine ). All I ask is you give me a couple of days to get all the poop setup on it and let me get our mega-garage-sale done this weekend, OK?
Old 03-15-2007, 05:18 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ok, we can handle that. It was an Atwood landing gear.

The udder part is, its darn cold here until lately, even if the shop heater is running! and no, I am not going to pull it out and wash it in cold temps.

And last, no, no hand cranking here. I just put a couple of floor jacks under the frame and lifted the puppy up off the truck. We leave that cranking stuff up to youse guys in calif.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:25 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Tom, glad to see you are doing your part to help the economy along. Can't have it slow down now.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:00 PM   #23

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vette Racer:
Did everyone go to the desert and get lost? If there was any less activity around here we'd have to close up shop. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep..... I just got back after 4 days in the wilderness

Good to be back

Previous Rig: 2012 Itasca 30'
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:06 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Thats ok 56, you're killing me buts that ok, I know its the idea. I wish I was there too.

Just put my jeep in most of the photo's and I'd have it made.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:21 PM   #25

Tom,

After driving 5 days across the U.S. I needed to chill out in the high desert. No wife, no dog, no kids....... it was wonderful

BTW, Oklahoma sure is a good looking state!

Old 03-15-2007, 08:26 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Thanks sir!

How'd you get by without the wife?????

Whoa, the next question, just when and where did you come through here without notifying me.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:07 PM   #27

Thanks sir!

How'd you get by without the wife?????

Whoa, the next question, just when and where did you come through here without notifying me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm a butt...... We're just going to have to get together at Moab

Old 03-15-2007, 10:12 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm a butt...... We're just going to have to get together at Moab </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ok bud, I'm going to hold you to that.