Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:13 AM   #1

What wax?

I know there are threads about this wax and that wax, however I was looking at a different angle. I am looking to wax the boat as well as the Fuzion. Will the wax with PTFE be an ok product for both? It works well on the boat, has anyone used for a toy hauler?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2013, 06:15 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFireMedic View Post
I know there are threads about this wax and that wax, however I was looking at a different angle. I am looking to wax the boat as well as the Fuzion. Will the wax with PTFE be an ok product for both? It works well on the boat, has anyone used for a toy hauler?
I don't chime in often here but I will offer this now....
Asking a person what their favorite wax is, is like asking them their political persuasion!

My favorite wax is a simple carnauba wax with no polish or abrasives built in. I wax our 38' sailboat our cars and our Airstream with this wax. Fleetwax Paste Wax Collinite All hold up extremely well.

Please note that it is far easier to keep a finish looking good with regular maintenance than it is to restore a neglected finish. Keep it clean and waxed from day one!!!!!!

Bruce

Old 03-05-2013, 06:36 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Beard View Post
I don't chime in often here but I will offer this now....
Asking a person what their favorite wax is, is like asking them their political persuasion!

My favorite wax is a simple carnauba wax with no polish or abrasives built in. I wax our 38' sailboat our cars and our Airstream with this wax. Fleetwax Paste Wax Collinite All hold up extremely well.

Please note that it is far easier to keep a finish looking good with regular maintenance than it is to restore a neglected finish. Keep it clean and waxed from day one!!!!!!

Bruce
Amen on the keeping it nice. X2 on the Collinite. I just prefer the 845. But as you so elegantly stated, everyone has their own favorite.
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #4

Thanks and sounds good!!
Old 05-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #5

We winter in Yuma and I've talked to many of the RV detailers here. To a man they all say to stay away from auto/truck wax if you have graphics, ANY graphics on any rig. It'll dry them out and they will start to peel. Any good RV wax is fine. I hand wax once a year, then use VOOM GOLD spray on wax the remainder of the year for UV protect and shine. I've also heard good things about Lucas Fast Wax spray on, but havn't tried it yet. VOOM GOLD is outstanding but hard to find. I get it from Amazon in 1 gal jug. Lasts all year and then some. I use it on my truck, bike, and RV. VOOM also make a cleaner but that's not "GOLD" so don't get them confused. Stuff works great.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:25 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
I've also heard good things about Lucas Fast Wax spray on, but havn't tried it yet.
I may be a little biased, but I would say that it works about as good as any "spray on" wax.

I'm going to try the Fleetwax mentioned earlier. I have read some good reviews about it for marine use. That's about as tough duty as it gets.
Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:59 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
I just ordered some Collinite Marque d' Elegance wax for my truck. I found this review to be pretty funny.

Quote:
Let's say you like your car a bit, and it's Sunday. And maybe you want to spend a couple of hours away from your wife and your miscreant child. So you put the game on the radio and stroll to your garage, ready to polish up your ride a bit and make it presentable...

... If that's what you want, you should probably pick another wax. There are a ton of easy on, easy off waxes, quitter.

This is take-control-of-your-life-wax. Punish-your-kid-wax. Spend-enough-time-with-the-car-that-the-wife-leaves-you-wax. This stuff smells like napalm and probably kills brain cells. But good God will it give your car a protective shine like none other.

Right now water isn't just beading off my car as it rains, it jumps. It says "I don't want to live like this anymore," and offs itself. And that is something that can only truly be understood by a product manufactured in Utica, NY.
Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I use Gel-Gloss...And on the decals I use Gel-Gloss "heavy duty" which has a added UV protector. I wax it about 3 times a year. Actually I do one side or section if I have time after I wash it. Gel-Gloss is a cleaner and a wax...

My 2005 trailer I sold last year had a finish that was better than the day it was delivered. The decals were very vivid....for 7 seasons of use.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #9

I use sealants not waxes. I like the kind you apply and walk away. Who the heck has time to remove the wax from an entire RV? I use Opti-seal from Optimum Polymer Technologies. Here is a link...

Optimum Opti-Seal 8 oz. Free Bonus! New & Improved!

And, if you really, really want to wax, you can apply wax on top of it.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:32 PM   #10

I just ordered some Collinite Marque d' Elegance wax for my truck. I found this review to be pretty funny.

Quote:
Quote:
Let's say you like your car a bit, and it's Sunday. And maybe you want to spend a couple of hours away from your wife and your miscreant child. So you put the game on the radio and stroll to your garage, ready to polish up your ride a bit and make it presentable...

... If that's what you want, you should probably pick another wax. There are a ton of easy on, easy off waxes, quitter.

This is take-control-of-your-life-wax. Punish-your-kid-wax. Spend-enough-time-with-the-car-that-the-wife-leaves-you-wax. This stuff smells like napalm and probably kills brain cells. But good God will it give your car a protective shine like none other.

Right now water isn't just beading off my car as it rains, it jumps. It says "I don't want to live like this anymore," and offs itself. And that is something that can only truly be understood by a product manufactured in Utica, NY.
Man that absolutely rocks. One I love Collinite products and two if it's like that put me in for a case. My new car may just happen to like that.
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #11

Rejex.
Best sealant I've ever used. For maximum shine polish first then Rejex.