Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-05-2005, 07:47 AM   #1

When I was doing research on this forum and others on what kind of toyhauler to buy, all I read about was what quality trailers Warrior builds. What happened between the time I did the research and the twelve weeks it took to take delivery? I have only had the FS2300 out four times and I have already encountered the following problems due to poor workmanship.

1. TH arrives in mid May and the whole front of it is dented from hailstones. Ok, an act of God but 6 weeks later I am still waiting for Warrior to deliver the replacement parts.

2. The first time I go to use the dining tables I find that you can't get your leg between the table pedestal and the couch without turning your foot parallel to the couch. The tables are wobbly and don't line up very well when you turn the tops around so they meet. Poor design. I removed them from the TH and they will never be used again.

3. The first time I go to close the curtain at the front bed, half of it pulls out of the track. Why, because the curtain was screwed too low onto the wall and when you try to close the curtain it causes a downward pull on the track slides and they pop out of the PLASTIC track. Poor installation.

4. The first time I go to use the gas station to put gas in my ATV, I have to practically rub paint with the TH and the ATV and the tip of the gas nozzle barely reaches the ATV tank. Why, because I only have 3 feet of gas hose outside of the gas storage compartment. I ask you, is this a poor design or just poor installation.

5. I go to install outdoor speakers and OK I can understand why these outdoor speaker wires are not already connected to the El Cheapo stereo that came with the TH. I call it El Cheapo because it won't play music I have recorded on CD/RWs. The point here is that while I am figuring out how the Fade and Balance works, I find that one of my rear ceiling speakers isn't working. I pull the speaker down and find that one of the wire spades is mangled and not even connected to the speaker. Poor workmanship.

6. Even though it was a surprise to us that we got a TV/DVD player we did not know was part of the deal, like the stereo, it is an El Cheapo. With the generator running and the TV volume at MAX you can barely hear the sound on the TV. My hunting lease is only 3 miles out of town but I can't get a single station on the TV. Is this because of an El Cheapo TV or an El Cheapo antenna?

7. A cabinet door is mounted crooked and the bottom kitchen cabinet is falling apart. Poor craftsmanship.

8. And the topper of them all, my rear pull down bed that is supposed to support up to 650lbs won't even support a 185lb Bubba. That's right, my rear queen sized bed is falling apart. One of the angle iron main lateral supports has ripped loose and has pushed the ceiling panel on the bottom of the bed down 2 1/2 inches on one corner. This is not only poor workmanship, this is dangerous. It appears that the whole center of the bed could fall out of the frame.

This is after only 4 trips in my 2006 Weekend Warrior FS2300. Is this previews of coming attractions?
It goes in the shop this Friday wheather the front cap has arrived from Warrior or not.

WW FS2300
twinbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2005, 07:47 AM   #2

When I was doing research on this forum and others on what kind of toyhauler to buy, all I read about was what quality trailers Warrior builds. What happened between the time I did the research and the twelve weeks it took to take delivery? I have only had the FS2300 out four times and I have already encountered the following problems due to poor workmanship.

1. TH arrives in mid May and the whole front of it is dented from hailstones. Ok, an act of God but 6 weeks later I am still waiting for Warrior to deliver the replacement parts.

2. The first time I go to use the dining tables I find that you can't get your leg between the table pedestal and the couch without turning your foot parallel to the couch. The tables are wobbly and don't line up very well when you turn the tops around so they meet. Poor design. I removed them from the TH and they will never be used again.

3. The first time I go to close the curtain at the front bed, half of it pulls out of the track. Why, because the curtain was screwed too low onto the wall and when you try to close the curtain it causes a downward pull on the track slides and they pop out of the PLASTIC track. Poor installation.

4. The first time I go to use the gas station to put gas in my ATV, I have to practically rub paint with the TH and the ATV and the tip of the gas nozzle barely reaches the ATV tank. Why, because I only have 3 feet of gas hose outside of the gas storage compartment. I ask you, is this a poor design or just poor installation.

5. I go to install outdoor speakers and OK I can understand why these outdoor speaker wires are not already connected to the El Cheapo stereo that came with the TH. I call it El Cheapo because it won't play music I have recorded on CD/RWs. The point here is that while I am figuring out how the Fade and Balance works, I find that one of my rear ceiling speakers isn't working. I pull the speaker down and find that one of the wire spades is mangled and not even connected to the speaker. Poor workmanship.

6. Even though it was a surprise to us that we got a TV/DVD player we did not know was part of the deal, like the stereo, it is an El Cheapo. With the generator running and the TV volume at MAX you can barely hear the sound on the TV. My hunting lease is only 3 miles out of town but I can't get a single station on the TV. Is this because of an El Cheapo TV or an El Cheapo antenna?

7. A cabinet door is mounted crooked and the bottom kitchen cabinet is falling apart. Poor craftsmanship.

8. And the topper of them all, my rear pull down bed that is supposed to support up to 650lbs won't even support a 185lb Bubba. That's right, my rear queen sized bed is falling apart. One of the angle iron main lateral supports has ripped loose and has pushed the ceiling panel on the bottom of the bed down 2 1/2 inches on one corner. This is not only poor workmanship, this is dangerous. It appears that the whole center of the bed could fall out of the frame.

This is after only 4 trips in my 2006 Weekend Warrior FS2300. Is this previews of coming attractions?
It goes in the shop this Friday wheather the front cap has arrived from Warrior or not.

WW FS2300
Old 07-05-2005, 08:16 AM   #3

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Bubba,
i feel you pain. I have lived your pain, in that i too have bought Warriors, several of them.

RV's are designed to be light, but they still MUST be made using quality craftmanship.
The one item that you mention last, is the one that raises my eyebrows. The rear pull down bed was a problem for a while and WW revamped their mechanism for it. That should be fixed immediatly. My pull-downs have all worked great for the last 5 years or so. I had problems with one a long time ago.

I do question how hard you can complain about the quality of a free TV/DVD player!. Toss it in the trashcan and buy a top of the line one for a couple hundred.

I do question a complaint about the configuration of the dining room table legs!!!!
They were that way in the demo model you sat in.
We had a thread on those too here, a while back, some guys hate 'em - they REPLACE them with something else homemade. I like 'em. I think they are efficient, and i'm taller then you.

Hail IS a problem. That would chap my hide as well. And WW is busy. Hail might not have been on their schedule either. Sounds like you are getting it fixed.

And some of those cabinet doors, PDI them when you look at them first, or bring them in and have someone lookk at them under warranty.

I have some problems with WW, and every other RV manufacturer. They are built light by intention, but still they must use quaility craftmanship. That is a must. That bed is a problem.

You just might have to twist your foor a little to get into your kitchen table though.

Mike 6'3", boots:size 13's
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 08:56 AM   #4

Bubba,

It sounds like you do have a few problems. Like Mike said, the bed needs to be fixed, for some reason something is wrong with it.

Every trailer is going to have a few bugs, there's no way around it. That is why it is SO important to do a good check out when you first pickup the rig and document those problems. Unfortunately some trailers will need more than others. I would venture to say that about all brands of trailer out there.

Yes the trailers are built lightweight, but they do need to be built with quality. I really believe that when a company is either new or small, the product is much better overall. When they start to get mass produced, quality is the first thing that goes.

I really like WW trailers, they are in my opinion the best at what they are designed for.

But I have noticed in the years since I worked with Mark (the Owner) on my trailer, that a number of things have changed, some for the better and some for the worse. The trailers have become more user friendly, they have become more like live in type rigs with creature comforts we all want. Eye Candy!!!

But a few important things have been lost also, personal service is NOT what it used to be. You used to be able to call them and get the person you wanted on the phone right then, or would get a call back very quickly. Now as Wes (high desert) has found out, "within the week" has turned into 3-4 weeks and no return calls.

Quality of construction slips with the number of trailers manufactured also. I'm sure that the guys building the trailers on the line don't go out of their way do delibertly build a poor product, most are proud of the product they build. But when your in a hurry building mass products, attention to detail and quality of their work slips. And in the end we the consumers are the ones suffering with a substandard product.

It is like this with EVERY mass produced RV on the road. You are always going to find a few bad apples that slip through.

I hope your dealer takes care of your issues, they should with no questions.

Keep us up to date on the progress and good luck!!!

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 09:33 PM   #5

Bubba
I too feel ur pain, and have been in the trenches right next to you. What you need to remember is that you are basically driving your house down the street. With all that crap that they(WW or any other manufacturer) put inside these things to make them comfortable, well its a wonder that any of it works at all. Take a ride in ur trailer sometime, and you'll see just how much abuse they regularly go through.
I love to ride my quad. Not only is it fun, but its fairly small, and easy to maintain. I don't own a Jeep or a sandrail, because I don't want to work on them all weekend. The bigger the toy, the bigger the hassle. TH's are the same way. You almost have to either enjoy working on them, or love the sport so much that you don't mind it when you have to. Sorry, I don't want to come off like a pr*@k, but I guess just hang in there, and remember once u fix something, thats one less thing you have to worry about.

Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 07:54 AM   #6

Bubba:

Hang in there buddy! Like everyone sez, a RV is nothing but a big black hole in the middle of the campground that you just throw greenbacks into...it just seems to be the 'nature of the beast'. I too have some concerns on my SLC, but that two year warranty will get excercised real well....I'm gonna use it for a couple of trips before I take it back to the factory (about 30 miles away) and have the complete list for them.

As far as the stereo goes, that's exactly why I didn't get it- so I can pick out the one I wanted (Which is alot better sounding and cost half of what they wanted). But some of the other things you mentioned, like the tables, should have got your ire when you looked at it- but anything can be changed to your liking! Geeezzz...just look at some of 56's posts here!

Take care...it'll be fine!

Sean
Old 07-12-2005, 02:32 PM   #7

I reactivated this thread to see if I can get a response from ShawnZane. When I was doing research on toy haulers I read a lot of threads by him on another forum. My WW is at the dealer now to have the problems listed at the beginning of this thread fixed. I admit most are minor but the rear bed thing really set me off. Having vented on this forum and another I feel better. Love the trailer, I just think it could be better with a little Quality Control.
So Shawn, it seems you have some insight to WW, has their Quality Control slipped since the expansion?
Are they working on a better table design? I hate the ones that came with it. I have already replaced them with a freestanding table I found at Cosco. The shape of the legs/feet allow the table to be scooted to one side enough that there is room for a walkway or the ladder for the rear bed. Plus I can use the table outside also which I see as a real plus considering I do most of my cooking and dining outside. I would like to see Warrior design something similar.
That's all for now, just checking to see if anyone is listening.

WW FS2300